Author Topic: FACT....we just aint good enough....  (Read 31262 times)

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
FACT....we just aint good enough....
« on: October 25, 2014, 05:37:54 PM »
Im normally very pro-Pilgrim in my postings,but Im afraid AFTER YET ANOTHER HOME DEFEAT,you can only come to the conclusion that we just aint good enough and even the most mild tempered fan has to make a comment like this......

We have,IMO, 3 good players....Mills,Pidge and Garner...all 100% commited to the cause...
the rest you may as well get rid of and start again...

We also HAVE NO TACTICS,apart from booting the high ball upfield and hoping for the best....Well come on,it may work every now and then BUT NOT EVERY WEEK....

We havent had a decent creative or defensive midfield player for ages....in fact we havent had a midfield all season...or last season....or the season before....

All these home defeats and a cup exit at Leak dont happen by accident....such results need to tell the Club something about either the players  or the management they employ...
The true fans are getting restless,its all very well getting a new stadium but whats the point if the team is rubbish.....
Of course money is tight,it is at most non-league clubs,but we keep getting beaten by "small teams" who are technically better than us,physically stronger,more street-wise than us and have a game-plan to beat us.....

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: FACT....we just aint good enough....
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 05:56:57 PM »
Flashcore dynamic Conf North table indicates within 3 pts of playoffs ! . ignoring games in hand .
  Certainly many samey ' mid table ' teams this yr .
    That elusive area between defence and attack needs fixing . . and certainly now a call for a committed experienced goalkeeper  . .

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 06:42:07 PM »
As far as players with ability to perform at the top end of this league are concerned Southwell and Newsham are both top quality finishers - hopefully we will see the later now have a consistent run in the team and make an impact on games.

I think all will agree that midfield has been an issue all season. Dixon will hopefully be able to stay (along with Tempest) for at minimum another month and hold down a starting berth. McGhee played well last season and will hopefully be back soon? Marshall is solid in the middle. Maybe playing Felix from the start would offer a more natural attacking threat on the wing.  A better quality midlfielder (at least one) should have been bought in during the summer months, either this was unaffordable or we were unable to find the right player due to not having the contacts.

Results haven't been good enough of late but I don't think we are that far off, today's performance was certainly better than against Hednesford so we are all disappointed tonight but not doom and gloom.

A top class, experienced 'keeper would be a massive boost, although not quite sure how and where we could get one at this stage of the season?

Yes today's game was re-arranged but the attendance was shocking. People of Boston need to turn up and support the team. Despite the result it wasn't a bad game to watch.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 07:17:05 PM »
As far as players with ability to perform at the top end of this league are concerned Southwell and Newsham are both top quality finishers - hopefully we will see the later now have a consistent run in the team and make an impact on games.

I think all will agree that midfield has been an issue all season. Dixon will hopefully be able to stay (along with Tempest) for at minimum another month and hold down a starting berth. McGhee played well last season and will hopefully be back soon? Marshall is solid in the middle. Maybe playing Felix from the start would offer a more natural attacking threat on the wing.  A better quality midlfielder (at least one) should have been bought in during the summer months, either this was unaffordable or we were unable to find the right player due to not having the contacts.

Results haven't been good enough of late but I don't think we are that far off, today's performance was certainly better than against Hednesford so we are all disappointed tonight but not doom and gloom.

A top class, experienced 'keeper would be a massive boost, although not quite sure how and where we could get one at this stage of the season?

Yes today's game was re-arranged but the attendance was shocking. People of Boston need to turn up and support the team. Despite the result it wasn't a bad game to watch.

I agree Carl,todays attendance was shocking...but so have our home performances this season.....supporters obviously want to see a winning team but they are not mugs....they also want to see SOME CREATIVE FOOTBALL.....our only tactic it seems today was,once again,hoof it into the opponents penalty area and hope for the best....Just not good enough.

black n yella

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 07:17:49 PM »

People of Boston aren't stupid. When they're being asked to part with money and receiving no entertainment, players not playing football and a serious lack of response from the club, they're perfectly entitled to stop coming. I've yet to see us play convincingly for a full game since the start of the season. I hear mid table being branded around and that's being generous at best.

Why does this club find themselves having half decent managers / players one season only for them to be let them go next and for us to fall short and find ourselves with such mediocre clueless replacements. The answer is we simply can't afford to be ambitious and contract any quality that lands at this club. I think we're staring at attendances of 700, maybe lower and mid table worthless seasons if this is the new acceptable level for the club. I'm sick of being told by the club we're aiming to get out this league when obviously we aren't prepared to spend enough on decent players / managers. It's the chairmans money obviously that makes the club go on but surely the lack of investment in personnel is hurting the club with these terribly poor performances and low attendances. Put on a show and the people will eventually come out and watch us, continue with the clueless performances and people will stay away I'm sure. I'm bored to bloody death of these home games.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 07:27:20 PM »
Can't comment on today's game because I never went.I've lost the appetite since Den called some supporters knob heads!!! Shame he couldn't be bothered to apologise.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 08:23:56 PM »
Can't comment on today's game because I never went.I've lost the appetite since Den called some supporters knob heads!!! Shame he couldn't be bothered to apologise.

Were you at Anfield today calling the manager knobhead ?

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 08:37:27 PM »
Poor result and struggled to really make an impact on the game.  The fact dennis talks about today's performance being progress just about sums up how low our standards have slumped.  Yes we looked solid enough and 2 errors cost us but we never looked like threatening there keeper. We lack any sort of creativity and entertainment. This has been the case for most of the season and I can fully understand why people choose to stay away.

What is the answer to the problem? It hasn't worked changing managers  and the budget is low in comparison to others in the division.  We as fans need to start seeing some real progression and get the buzz back around the club before we move to our new stadium.

The fans certainly deserve an apology from dennis regarding his outburst on social media. Things like this certainly won't entice fans back.

kodger

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 08:45:29 PM »
What did the manager say? Called some fans knobheads? Gimme details....

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 09:00:38 PM »
Den knows what he wrote and so do others!

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2014, 09:03:44 PM »
Surely we are not back to the old Knobhead thing again.  For crying out loud give it a rest and move on and maybe, just maybe the team, manager, board , chairman etc will appreciate us "fans" once more and not think we are the knobheads which quite frankly the behavior of some lately is just that.   ::) like a dog with a bone  ::)

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2014, 09:10:23 PM »
Surely we are not back to the old Knobhead thing again.  For crying out loud give it a rest and move on and maybe, just maybe the team, manager, board , chairman etc will appreciate us "fans" once more and not think we are the knobheads which quite frankly the behavior of some lately is just that.   ::) like a dog with a bone  ::)

Why should we move on ? The club are soon quick enough to clamp down on any misendeavours of fans. Yet when it's a member of staff it gets swept under the carpet. The club have peeved a lot of people off with this. I think the club need to wake up and realise the supporters are the make up of this club, and the true regulars are voting with there feet. Our support base is declining every couple of weeks.

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2014, 09:14:55 PM »

He's quoted on Twitter as saying it was just banter. Worst excuse ever.

Am I the only person who thinks Garner has been very poor this season so far, you could argue the midfield isn't providing cover, but seems to get beaten to the ball a lot more...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 09:16:51 PM by Terry dactyl »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2014, 09:20:31 PM »

He's quoted on Twitter as saying it was just banter. Worst excuse ever.

Am I the only person who thinks Garner has been very poor this season so far, you could argue the midfield isn't providing cover, but seems to get beaten to the ball a lot more...

Garners lack of speed has contributed to goals being conceded .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2014, 09:34:40 PM »
Why should we move on ?
Because we're all adults?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/