Author Topic: Solihull Moors  (Read 9566 times)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Solihull Moors
« on: October 20, 2014, 10:53:43 AM »
Solihull on a good run recently and scoring for fun so it will be vital for us to get off to a good start.
Our league record shows if we keep it tight in the first half we have our best results.
We haven't lost if we have been winning or on level terms at half time.
United we stand..................

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
Re: Solihull Moors
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 08:51:27 PM »
Solihull on a good run recently and scoring for fun so it will be vital for us to get off to a good start.
Our league record shows if we keep it tight in the first half we have our best results.

Usually a solid team when they come here, thankfully didn't there highly rated keeper have nightmare last season ?

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 09:01:34 PM »

Usually a solid team when they come here, thankfully didn't there highly rated keeper have nightmare last season ?

Jas Singh moved onto full-time football with Kidderminster but has yet to play

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 07:29:04 PM »
Does anybody know how serious paul farman's injury is?

Typically no reference to it yet, and could be a problem if not fit for the weekend.

I know Vince can play if necessary, but do not think he should do.

Big problem for the three games after that if injury is serious

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 09:02:09 PM »
Wont be any problem, by the sound of comments at weekend looks like we are looking to bring cover in

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 05:13:25 PM »
we certainly need to now!!!!

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 06:17:25 PM »
Gledhill?  :)
United we stand..................

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 06:37:49 PM »
Hewitt all the way

kodger

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 02:46:15 PM »
 :( Laid up with a wonky back so no match for me today  :(
Come on, Boston, hammer the barstids!

Odin

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 05:08:25 PM »
CRAP ref, few efforts on goal, 883 attendance. Says it all. Half way table side at end of day.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2014, 05:29:39 PM »
CRAP ref, few efforts on goal, 883 attendance. Says it all. Half way table side at end of day.

Pleased you think where mid table

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2014, 06:14:23 PM »
Bad result today at home but the performance wasn't too bad. Solihull passed the ball around well and were full of confidence but weren't able to find a way through us. We were solid, kept our shape in a close game however lacked a creative player in the middle. Dixon should have started in my opinion, Hollingsworth tackles exceptionally well and has lots of energy but Dixon's creativity would give us better balance and options going forward.

All three goals in the game were fortuitous in a close match my opinion. First goal was a foul on Pidge, pushed off the ball unfairly and was very surprised that it was not given (although we got nothing from the ref all game.) Equalizer just before half time lacked pace and would probably have been a comfortable save if it was not for the deflection. Third goal was not a free kick in the first place as the ball was no where near Steer's hand, Vince came for a ball he didn't need to, although I thought he had it in both hands before a shove from their player which freed the ball for a tap in to an empty need.

Once behind we resorted to hoof ball perhaps too early? Stuck four through the middle in Garns, Southwell , Newsh and Felix but didn't really create a chance for a leveler due to playing long  ball every time against a big side who knew how to defend well and held the ball up well in the attacking half.

All the back four played well overall today in my opinion, Marrs has been back to last seasons form since he moved to right back again, Tempest is solid and passes well, Pidge and Garner both did well keeping Bogle quiet for the vast majority of the game. Mills has taken well to the right mid role. Steer had an off day today, his passing was all over the place but he is usually a consistent performer. Marshall and Hollingsworth did well in midfield, we were out done for bodies in midfield at times today but they covered the ground well against a good side although neither offer a threat going forward.  Southwell had a good game again, holds the ball up well and works hard for the team. Jones did ok but doesn't look fully fit. Hopefully Newsham is ready for a start next week as hopefully he could form a decent partnership with partnership Southwell.

Overall not too bad but lots to work on if we are going to have a chance of beating the free scoring league leaders next week. 442 seems to be working alot better than 433 but there are still weaknesses in the side which need to be worked on.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2014, 06:34:15 PM »
My only gripe was that having gone behind we weren't able to turn the screw and up the heat on them.  We went down with a bit of a simper.  It was a tight game unto the point they went ahead, then we couldn't get a sniff.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

black n yella

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2014, 07:25:54 PM »
Yet another average team rocks up and beats us without much trouble. What will we do now we're going to face some of the better teams over the coming weeks. My only gripe is this season isn't finished.  :dan

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2014, 07:47:47 PM »
Yet another average team rocks up

Wouldn't say they were average. They'll be around the play offs - their 4th win on the spin. Bogle is one of the most consistent scorers in the league, usually gets more than 20.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/