Author Topic: O/T - Energy Performance Certificates and home insulation  (Read 2578 times)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
O/T - Energy Performance Certificates and home insulation
« on: October 15, 2014, 05:20:46 PM »
There is currently a person knocking on doors in Boston giving scare-mongering information about home insulation and Energy Performance Certificates.

In simple terms EPC's are an indication of how well a home is insulated and range from A (efficient) to G (not very efficient).  With a few exceptions, anyone selling or renting a house is required to have this EPC.

The guy I have complained about is making the false statement that you will not be able to sell your home after 2016-17 unless you have an EPC of level D or above, presumably to try to scare people into upgrading their insulation.
United we stand..................

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: O/T - Energy Performance Certificates and home insulation
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 10:57:21 PM »
Cheers for that! Do you have a description of the bloke please

Odin

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 11:10:09 PM »
A good alert post. Will certainly give him the cold shoulder.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 08:53:23 AM »
Having just moved, I'm of the opinion that the EPC is a total waste of £75.  We never looked at the new one and ours stated that our biggest improvement would be cavity wall insulation....in a 1920's built solid wall house!

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 09:44:34 PM »
CAVALIER....... hi.....you say you have "complained about a guy"......thats fine,and well done about that.....BUT,as a point of interest who have you complained to please?

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 09:57:28 PM »
CAVALIER....... hi.....you say you have "complained about a guy"......thats fine,and well done about that.....BUT,as a point of interest who have you complained to please?

He said he was from Mark Group so I checked their website then rang them.  They confirmed that what the guy had said was untrue so I reported him to them.  It appears he is a rep for an agency working for Mark Group.
United we stand..................