Author Topic: How big a game is Saturday?  (Read 2656 times)

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
How big a game is Saturday?
« on: October 14, 2014, 05:33:41 PM »
Do people think this is a good or bad time to be playing Hyde?

Considering our recent form and knowing we desperately need an injection of confidence I cant work out if its the best or worse time to paying the team bottom of the league. Everything suggests playing a team, which have already played more than most, getting detached from the pack having just won 1 in 13 and letting in over 2.5 goals a game is just what we need, but as we are expected to win and in considering the above probably win well, what happens to said confidence if god forbid we don't and will the team in expecting to beat them get the credit even if they do?

More so when you peek at our four fixtures thereafter, Solihull is it (are they out of the FA Cup btw) who are the team in form having hammered Harrogate, and Ferriby recently, Fylde who are top, and then Chorley 2nd, home and away. It doesn't get much tougher than that does it?

Follow up question, how have we got three consecutive Saturday league fixtures at home and how are we playing teams home and away before we have played everyone else.....or I have read that wrong. Saturday is absoluely huge

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: How big a game is Saturday?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 05:41:50 PM »
Do people think this is a good or bad time to be playing Hyde?

Considering our recent form and knowing we desperately need an injection of confidence I cant work out if its the best or worse time to paying the team bottom of the league. Everything suggests playing a team, which have already played more than most, getting detached from the pack having just won 1 in 13 and letting in over 2.5 goals a game is just what we need, but as we are expected to win and in considering the above probably win well, what happens to said confidence if god forbid we don't and will the team in expecting to beat them get the credit even if they do?

More so when you peek at our four fixtures thereafter, Solihull is it (are they out of the FA Cup btw) who are the team in form having hammered Harrogate, and Ferriby recently, Fylde who are top, and then Chorley 2nd, home and away. It doesn't get much tougher than that does it?

Follow up question, how have we got three consecutive Saturday league fixtures at home and how are we playing teams home and away before we have played everyone else.....or I have read that wrong. Saturday is absoluely huge

Be positive BG ,  we can afford to let  2 goals in if they concede their usual 2.5  :)
We need the three points Saturday can,t see us getting many out of the next 4 matches .

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 06:38:34 PM »
Good point a 3-2 win in the prediction league it is then. Lol

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 08:23:26 PM »
Surely we have reached the bottom of our dip in form, but something just doesn't feel right at the moment  :-\
Hope I'm proven to be wrong  ???

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 11:06:33 PM »
Surely we have reached the bottom of our dip in form, but something just doesn't feel right at the moment  :-\
Hope I'm proven to be wrong  ???

Agreed. I'm going for a 1-0 defeat or give them a Hyde-ing! See what I did there  8)