Author Topic: Jona returns  (Read 27276 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Jona returns
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2014, 01:35:18 PM »
Would any player be paid more than Greene?
Should anybody be paid more than their line manager?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2014, 10:00:11 AM »
In Sales I would imagine with bonuses and commissions it would happen plenty of times.

I also would see it happening in most professional sports at the top level.

More a case of making sure we have the appropriate value for money with everyone.  Miller was great value for money last season, Timms less so.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2014, 11:58:13 AM »
I don't claim to know if the same applies in NL or semi pro football, but I would imagine every professional club wold have 'some' players on their books that earn significantly more than the manager and the bigger the team the more it will probably occur.
Most professional players have a tangible worth in the transfer market and I would assume that could be the main reason, and wherever you look it could be argued that some players worth in regards to contribution to the team and more who will probably be listed on the stock market or Companies House as a company asset, is more valuable.
Even Ferguson who must have surely been the leagues highest paid manager wouldn't have earned as much as say Rooney or RVP and Van Gaal not as much as his recent arrivals. You can debate the logic behind it, but no managers command £40m transfer fees and even if they walk out of their contracts and straight into another job in doing so, the club they desert invariably only gets contract compensation or at best a couple of million in mutually agreed compensation.

Fascinating question though

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2014, 03:48:58 PM »
I don't think a manager necessarilly gets more than the top players .
   If he does he has to be consistently successful in my book ..

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2014, 06:28:47 PM »
Brian Little?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2014, 07:00:12 PM »
or Stuart Little? :bunny :bunny
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"