Author Topic: Jona returns  (Read 27281 times)

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Jona returns
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2014, 07:46:21 PM »
NOW we can see why SPALDING wanted to offload JONA, who's this guy WAUMSLEY they have scoring for fun.

Former Boston youth teamer and local lad from the Deepings.  He's one to watch for the future, am sure the scout is aware.  But all due respect, Jona is proven at this level, young Waumsley is not. 

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2014, 10:31:54 PM »
I'm with Pilgrim 86 and Green Hats Mate on this one.  I don't think it's pedantic at all within the context of this thread to ask for something to back up Steelihats claims. Anyone can start chucking figures around, with the only evidence to back it up being "I'm in the know".

worldwide

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2014, 12:01:56 AM »
Does anyone know what the highest paid player gets paid at Boston Utd and the average wage overall?

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2014, 06:35:06 AM »
Does anyone know what the highest paid player gets paid at Boston Utd and the average wage overall?
John Blackwell, David Newton and Neil Kempster,
All other figures are guesses

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2014, 07:28:23 AM »
2PICK what's the name of boston's scout pl. and du he get paid ?

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2014, 09:04:11 AM »
The summaries are for public scrutiny, but not the individual payments (especially per staff member). Where did you get the £80 a week figure from? And this £8,000 a week total? Are you not trolling on here yourself with this 'info'?

Huge losses are not always because of high wages. The main financial outlays for BUFC are ground rent and ground maintenance (necessary for the safety certificate), probably totalling a similar amount for the wage bill. I would expect at that time, that Trinity's main outlay was indeed the playing budget, due to enticing several players to the club

I notice you put the "up to" in your sentence, which indicates a lack of certainty (also you misspelt your former Chairman's surname - says a lot?)

The press will know nothing for certain - the only people to know will be the player (and he can then disclose it if he wishes), the manager, the chairman, directors and whoever does the payroll/tax - at clubs our size this will be by an accountant.

What a poor response

Your Trolling is pretty pathetic. Ground rent etc, is pre determined and is accounted for. Therefore any losses are almost always due to overpaying players.
Jones' wages were "up to" because they included bonuses, appearance money etc (yes I was privy to that information)
The local press present facts reported to them ( they don't want to suffer the fallout from potential litigation) and have sources on hand- to suggest otherwise is naive

Trinity's wage bill was covered by the chairman at that time,  much reduced from Brian Little's time, but Jones' £80 per week was well reported in local press.
Nice posting, Steelihat.  :bunny
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

worldwide

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2014, 01:03:41 AM »

Perhaps, but £500 a week for a part time player seems a bit excessive.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2014, 09:35:17 AM »

I am not privy to payments but I would doubt very much if  any player is on £500.....
You would have to go back to the league days and poss just after (dregs) for that kind of money

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2014, 09:38:49 AM »
2PICK what's the name of boston's scout pl. and du he get paid ?
Unsure of his name MIELE.
And I haven't a clue if he gets paid. He won't do it for nothing, his ex's must be a few quid

worldwide

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2014, 07:30:21 PM »

I am not privy to payments but I would doubt very much if  any player is on £500.....
You would have to go back to the league days and poss just after (dregs) for that kind of money

They were my thoughts until was told otherwise recently,  but spending 6 weeks in the Far East isn't cheap;-) Perhaps not basic wage but with appearance and bonuses £500 a week is achievable.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2014, 07:37:48 PM »
The summaries are for public scrutiny, but not the individual payments (especially per staff member). Where did you get the £80 a week figure from? And this £8,000 a week total? Are you not trolling on here yourself with this 'info'?

Huge losses are not always because of high wages. The main financial outlays for BUFC are ground rent and ground maintenance (necessary for the safety certificate), probably totalling a similar amount for the wage bill. I would expect at that time, that Trinity's main outlay was indeed the playing budget, due to enticing several players to the club

I notice you put the "up to" in your sentence, which indicates a lack of certainty (also you misspelt your former Chairman's surname - says a lot?)

The press will know nothing for certain - the only people to know will be the player (and he can then disclose it if he wishes), the manager, the chairman, directors and whoever does the payroll/tax - at clubs our size this will be by an accountant.

What a poor response

Your Trolling is pretty pathetic. Ground rent etc, is pre determined and is accounted for. Therefore any losses are almost always due to overpaying players.
Jones' wages were "up to" because they included bonuses, appearance money etc (yes I was privy to that information)
The local press present facts reported to them ( they don't want to suffer the fallout from potential litigation) and have sources on hand- to suggest otherwise is naive

Trinity's wage bill was covered by the chairman at that time,  much reduced from Brian Little's time, but Jones' £80 per week was well reported in local press.

You can soon bring this debate to an end Steeli ,  show us the documentation as requested .   Don,t know what job you are in but you should know better than take at face value everything you read in the press .    Put proof on here for P86 to see then the debate is finished .

Not surprisingly it looks as though Steeli has conceded defeat to P86 on this one .  To back his claims Steeli would have had to have seen the contracts of all of BUFC players , most unlikely !!!!!!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2014, 07:43:42 PM »

They were my thoughts until was told otherwise recently,  but spending 6 weeks in the Far East isn't cheap;-) Perhaps not basic wage but with appearance and bonuses £500 a week is achievable.

Probably sitting on the back of a camel all day is cheaper than sat in a car all day down John Adams Way with the engine running   ???

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2014, 09:51:24 AM »
Without knowing exact details Pidge and garner will be our highest earners, maybe £400,give or take. Newsh would be next am guessing well would be if fit and the rest between £80/90 for the youngsters and up to £200/250 for the rest.

Compare that to the barrows, harrogates and Fyldes of this world and you can see the problem DG has. Their budgets are alleged to be in the region of £15k and £20k +
Even the Tamworth's the ferribys appear by the players they have signes to have budgets probably double even as much nas treble ours.
That said we have something to offer that they dont......we're ba proper football club? ;D

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2014, 11:12:34 AM »
Without knowing exact details Pidge and garner will be our highest earners, maybe £400,give or take. Newsh would be next am guessing well would be if fit and the rest between £80/90 for the youngsters and up to £200/250 for the rest.

Compare that to the barrows, harrogates and Fyldes of this world and you can see the problem DG has. Their budgets are alleged to be in the region of £15k and £20k +
Even the Tamworth's the ferribys appear by the players they have signes to have budgets probably double even as much nas treble ours.
That said we have something to offer that they dont......we're ba proper football club? ;D

I doubt very much that any of our players are on £400 pw.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2014, 01:12:30 PM »
Would any player be paid more than Greene?