Author Topic: Jona returns  (Read 27271 times)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: Jona returns
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2014, 09:51:15 PM »
He was still on less than most of Boston's team at that time, and Spalding paid for him, and improved his terms when they took him from GT.
Are we to take this as gospel, or as you just guessing?

take it as gospel

This Gospel everyone is talking about, can he play in midfield and does he have a foot like a traction engine?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2014, 09:56:53 PM »
He was still on less than most of Boston's team at that time, and Spalding paid for him, and improved his terms when they took him from GT.

take it as gospel

What documentation did you see to obtain these facts ?

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2014, 08:14:34 PM »
Always rated Jonah, welcome back and good luck.  :dan

black n yella

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2014, 08:41:32 PM »
Happy to see him back but where's the service going to come from ? Unless changes in midfield are made all the forwards will be feeding off is desperate long punts up the pitch. Good luck Jona.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2014, 09:29:19 PM »

take it as gospel

He's either an accountant for both clubs (he isn't), or he's just guessing...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2014, 10:13:26 PM »
pleased to see jones back, hope he gets fit and starts to enjoy his football again as i felt last time he still had a lot to offer. No doubt we find somewhere else to play him than upfront :o

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2014, 10:51:44 PM »

take it as gospel

He's either an accountant for both clubs (he isn't), or he's just guessing...

BUFc's accounts are for public scrutiny. (as an Internet troll you will know where to look)
Huge losses over the period, would suggest a wage bill of at least £8k per week. It doesn't need Sherlock Holmes to deduce that the £80 per week Jones was getting, would make him one of Boston's lower paid players.
Peter Swan signed Jones for Trinity (seemingly without the managers input) and paid him  (up to)£350 per week, and gave him a contract.
At the end of the season the chairman left, and the new board cut costs and wages, which left Jones as Trinity's highest paid player.
Spalding, splashing the cash, offered him a better deal than his current deal to entice him to drop a couple or three divisions.
All of which is well documented in local press. (but you already knew that)

As you don't know me, you have no idea what I do for a living

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2014, 11:30:41 PM »
The summaries are for public scrutiny, but not the individual payments (especially per staff member). Where did you get the £80 a week figure from? And this £8,000 a week total? Are you not trolling on here yourself with this 'info'?

Huge losses are not always because of high wages. The main financial outlays for BUFC are ground rent and ground maintenance (necessary for the safety certificate), probably totalling a similar amount for the wage bill. I would expect at that time, that Trinity's main outlay was indeed the playing budget, due to enticing several players to the club

I notice you put the "up to" in your sentence, which indicates a lack of certainty (also you misspelt your former Chairman's surname - says a lot?)

The press will know nothing for certain - the only people to know will be the player (and he can then disclose it if he wishes), the manager, the chairman, directors and whoever does the payroll/tax - at clubs our size this will be by an accountant.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2014, 12:52:04 AM »
The summaries are for public scrutiny, but not the individual payments (especially per staff member). Where did you get the £80 a week figure from? And this £8,000 a week total? Are you not trolling on here yourself with this 'info'?

Huge losses are not always because of high wages. The main financial outlays for BUFC are ground rent and ground maintenance (necessary for the safety certificate), probably totalling a similar amount for the wage bill. I would expect at that time, that Trinity's main outlay was indeed the playing budget, due to enticing several players to the club

I notice you put the "up to" in your sentence, which indicates a lack of certainty (also you misspelt your former Chairman's surname - says a lot?)

The press will know nothing for certain - the only people to know will be the player (and he can then disclose it if he wishes), the manager, the chairman, directors and whoever does the payroll/tax - at clubs our size this will be by an accountant.

What a poor response

Your Trolling is pretty pathetic. Ground rent etc, is pre determined and is accounted for. Therefore any losses are almost always due to overpaying players.
Jones' wages were "up to" because they included bonuses, appearance money etc (yes I was privy to that information)
The local press present facts reported to them ( they don't want to suffer the fallout from potential litigation) and have sources on hand- to suggest otherwise is naive

Trinity's wage bill was covered by the chairman at that time,  much reduced from Brian Little's time, but Jones' £80 per week was well reported in local press.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2014, 06:27:08 AM »
If I'm reading Steelihat's post correctly, then he's just made a point about Boston's losses being down to us overpaying players. Pot? Kettle? Black?

How is Jamie Yates these days?

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2014, 10:47:58 AM »
Dont like players coming back in circumstances like this.
Never has worked in the past, and unlikely to this time either.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2014, 11:10:47 AM »
NOW we can see why SPALDING wanted to offload JONA, who's this guy WAUMSLEY they have scoring for fun.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2014, 12:00:12 PM »

What a poor response

Your Trolling is pretty pathetic. Ground rent etc, is pre determined and is accounted for. Therefore any losses are almost always due to overpaying players.
Jones' wages were "up to" because they included bonuses, appearance money etc (yes I was privy to that information)
The local press present facts reported to them ( they don't want to suffer the fallout from potential litigation) and have sources on hand- to suggest otherwise is naive

Trinity's wage bill was covered by the chairman at that time,  much reduced from Brian Little's time, but Jones' £80 per week was well reported in local press.
So can you please tell me how YOU have access to players' weekly ages. Not the press, YOU. Present facts, don't use terms like "almost always" - it's still a guess!

The press use words like "reported" for a reason - because they haven't seen the pay packets first hand, and rely on educated guess. The only recent example of accurate wage reporting I can think of is the outcome of the Scott & Hurst court case, against Grimsby Town. The court awarded BUFC compensation based on their contracts' salaries (as was written in their contracts), and the amount was disclosed (http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Refusal-agent-key-factor-case/story-15532852-detail/story.html).

Trinity actively outbid other clubs for players - doesn't matter if this was covered by the Chairman at that time (good job it was!). Your biggest outlay then was the playing budget. For BUFC, it isn't. You cannot model BUFC's financial status just on what happened at Trinity.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 12:07:26 PM by Pilgrim86 »

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2014, 12:15:20 PM »
Oh dear Steelihat, you've upset Pedantic Pete. This could go on for months. ask Burgh Boy.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2014, 01:22:29 PM »

What a poor response

You can soon bring this debate to an end Steeli ,  show us the documentation as requested .   Don,t know what job you are in but you should know better than take at face value everything you read in the press .    Put proof on here for P86 to see then the debate is finished .