Author Topic: Jona returns  (Read 27272 times)

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Jona returns
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2014, 10:53:37 PM »

Liked what I saw first time, can't forgive leaving for greener grass.

Really ???  Your telling me during your lifetime you wouldn't take a better offer if it came up ?!!  Don't see the point of holding grudges, he done what any one of us would have done and i welcome him back and hope he proves the knobheads wrong  :bunny

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2014, 12:18:13 AM »
Think we will be getting neck ache from the high balls being launched up field with this desperate signing.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2014, 11:10:20 AM »
NOT a good choice he's way off match fitness, and we have not got a player the like's of ROSS to feed him.

I think SPALDING have pulled a fast one, I just cannot get my head round this one.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 01:02:09 PM by miele »

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2014, 01:43:21 PM »

Liked what I saw first time, can't forgive leaving for greener grass.

Really ???  Your telling me during your lifetime you wouldn't take a better offer if it came up ?!!  Don't see the point of holding grudges, he done what any one of us would have done and i welcome him back and hope he proves the knobheads wrong  :bunny

Maybe I would, but if I made my bed, I'd understand if others wanted me to lie in it.  I'm also not sure throwing another striker at it is the answer to our problems.  Time will tell.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2014, 02:54:45 PM »
NOT a good choice he's way off match fitness, and we have not got a player the like's of ROSS to feed him.

I think SPALDING have pulled a fast one, I just cannot get my head round this one.

Spalding have made some big mistakes recently miele ,  a few days ago they were silly enough to lety your hero Peter Bore go   :)  what did your grandad think to that ?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2014, 02:56:45 PM »
Think we will be getting neck ache from the high balls being launched up field with this desperate signing.

We are getting neck ache watching high balls going to small strikers .

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2014, 03:32:24 PM »
According to my son in law who supports Stamford but lives I'm Spalding, Jonah has missed a good few games through injury and needs to get match fit!
In principle we all understand that but i have to say I cant remember any examples of players being loaned to a team two leagues above them to get it!
If the manager of Spalding doesn't want to play him in his team why should we. A strange one, a bit like loaning Newsh to say Nortampton to get his match fitness

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2014, 04:33:07 PM »
Does it matter where the players come from? Surely what matters is how the player performs for us.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2014, 05:07:57 PM »
Does it matter where the players come from? Surely what matters is how the player performs for us.
It shouldn't but it does! :-* :bunny
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2014, 07:10:37 PM »
It shouldn't but it does! :-* :bunny
Why does it matter? The 16 who are picked to start or on the bench next week are Boston United players.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2014, 07:13:48 PM »
I am told SPALDING turned down the chance to take SANDERS and opted to take JORDAN NUTTELL to replace JONES.
strange things are happening if true.

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2014, 07:13:58 PM »
Jonah split opinion when he was here last and I was one of those who neither disliked him nor raved about him.
Neither Lee or Drury made him their first choice
Wentnto GT on a silly contract but worryingly they too were glad to get him off the payroll and tho there may be reasons we aren't privvy to being a sub in the NPL South hardly inspires does it. Please prove me wrong but am afraid not for me unless its a short term deal until Newsh gets fit

Trinity offered him a better deal than he was on at BUFC, and a contract. He was still on less than most of Boston's team at that time, and Spalding paid for him, and improved his terms when they took him from GT. He will cost Boston a fair amount, but probably no more than your current established players.
However, taking unfit players from lower league teams smacks of desperation- DG must be feeling the pressure

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2014, 08:36:42 PM »
Jonah split opinion when he was here last and I was one of those who neither disliked him nor raved about him.
Neither Lee or Drury made him their first choice
Wentnto GT on a silly contract but worryingly they too were glad to get him off the payroll and tho there may be reasons we aren't privvy to being a sub in the NPL South hardly inspires does it. Please prove me wrong but am afraid not for me unless its a short term deal until Newsh gets fit

Trinity offered him a better deal than he was on at BUFC, and a contract. He was still on less than most of Boston's team at that time, and Spalding paid for him, and improved his terms when they took him from GT. He will cost Boston a fair amount, but probably no more than your current established players.
However, taking unfit players from lower league teams smacks of desperation- DG must be feeling the pressure

Depends what we are paying, A lot of loan deals are split wages

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2014, 08:58:27 PM »
He was still on less than most of Boston's team at that time, and Spalding paid for him, and improved his terms when they took him from GT.
Are we to take this as gospel, or as you just guessing?

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2014, 09:21:02 PM »
He was still on less than most of Boston's team at that time, and Spalding paid for him, and improved his terms when they took him from GT.
Are we to take this as gospel, or as you just guessing?

take it as gospel