Author Topic: Todays game  (Read 15167 times)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Todays game
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2014, 05:08:48 PM »
Marrs was in midfield again today, played the whole game and yet was not mentioned once on Craig's twitter.  What does that tell us?

To say I'm disappointed with the result doesn't come close!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 05:11:16 PM by Cavalier »
United we stand..................

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2014, 05:25:29 PM »
To be honest have not seen a decent display this season.

This result is awful....I wonder what our beloved leader will have to say......will he blame the fans again?

He seemed to be suggesting that the team have improved from last season....he must be watching different games to me! The fact is we have not got a reliable goal scorer to replace RM and the midfield is poor. Marr was a good fullback, but out of his depth in midfield.

I had a horrible feeling this was going to happen.......the latest in a long line of ignominious cup exits....grim.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2014, 05:32:40 PM »
We were lucky to win against Barrow and some of our early performances were not good.

Prior to the Oxford home match - I said that we will be found out sooner or later - and since then we have been poor.   
If I didn't have a season ticket - it wouldn't take much to find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon and there must be a lot of "fans" who are not season ticket holders who will be drifting away because of the poor entertainment value they are being served.

Its all very well Dennis saying look where we have come over the last 18 months - what worries me is where we will be in the next 18 months and unless things improve................................

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2014, 05:36:29 PM »
To be honest have not seen a decent display this season.

This result is awful....I wonder what our beloved leader will have to say......will he blame the fans again?

He seemed to be suggesting that the team have improved from last season....he must be watching different games to me! The fact is we have not got a reliable goal scorer to replace RM and the midfield is poor. Marr was a good fullback, but out of his depth in midfield.

I had a horrible feeling this was going to happen.......the latest in a long line of ignominious cup exits....grim.

Never mind what DG is going to say........it is some of the posters on here who will be more creative!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2014, 06:28:57 PM »
My 1st game for a while  ..
  I could say reasons for not paying to watch Boston #138 . .
  Is 'holding up the ball like a man ' such an anathema to Boston .. especially in key areas of midfield and attack ?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2014, 06:34:55 PM »
Reflecing over the season so far only TWO players would have a chance of holding down a place in a promotion chasing side .

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2014, 06:45:15 PM »
 Not sure how old the Leek team was..
   But Leek played like men ..and Boston like boys .
   And Garner and Piergianni were too often pulled out of postion . . and guilty of childish overmarking  of  Leek keeper  on passbacks
      Can they really be relied on ?
  I had a feeling the team with the Big Man with a beard would win ..

Leek Tourist Information

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2014, 06:48:01 PM »
If you mean Sam Hall by 'big man with beard', he played for Kidsgrove when they dumped you out a couple of years ago. Danny Smith and Andy Kinsey were also in that side. And our assistant manager Peter Ward was Kidsrove's manger back then. Weird how things come around again.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2014, 07:17:45 PM »
OK Don't rub it in LTI . .

aggy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2014, 07:21:44 PM »
TAXI for Mr Green.

Time to get your coat Den.

:(

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2014, 07:26:35 PM »
TAXI for Mr Green.

Time to get your coat Den.

:(

Im a pro Greene fan but i have to admit these problems are not new once and i have not seen any attempt to rectify them

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2014, 07:28:26 PM »
Not sure how old the Leek team was..
   But Leek played like men ..and Boston like boys .
   And Garner and Piergianni were too often pulled out of postion . . and guilty of childish overmarking  of  Leek keeper  on passbacks
      Can they really be relied on ?
  I had a feeling the team with the Big Man with a beard would win ..

Piergianni has not been imposing this season , maybe his studies have taken over .     Garner is too often caught out for speed ,  something which teams quickly pick up.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2014, 07:44:50 PM »
Pluses ?
  The usual couple of pen shouts inc an early one  when a Leek  player appeared to acrobatically fist away the ball low down .
    Farah and Felix played well-ok  as usual  , , but crossed to apparently barely competant , uninterested , and big enough central strikers .
     They F &F need to be coached to man up and become box penetrating wide strikers .. like Dirk Kuyt for instance .
         Midfield need to be no nonsense , age almost immaterial  .
              The performance of the loanees today was poor .
           And Dowie never got out of his hole ..I think he knows what to do but cannot do it .

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2014, 08:20:06 PM »
After last weeks display I said I would not be there today but being the eternal optimist or soft in the head I went.Arriving quite early we went in the bar where we were asked if the lads on the pitch in their track suites were our youth team, says a lot doesn't it. I really can't be bothered to give a match report save to say that for twenty minutes in the first half we were in their box with chances but frankly it was the same old tale, nobody to put it in the net, Newsham started yet is still a long way off the pace despite his best efforts. Garner is being asked to do it all to cover for a woeful mid field. Steer made two or three errors the second being so awful gifting them a goal that I would have dragged him off and told him to go home. We should not be expected to loyally turn up for every match when clearly the team are rubbish and don't deserve such support. As I say I was there and at the final whistle I did something I have not done before but was so incensed I let Mr Greene know that what I had just witnessed was an "absolute disgrace". Also something happened which I have not seen before ie some of the team at full time turned to clap our supporters but they had already headed out of the ground and that says it all really. Beware Mr Newton some of them will perhaps find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon.

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2014, 08:22:20 PM »
Pluses ?
  The usual couple of pen shouts inc an early one  when a Leek  player appeared to acrobatically fist away the ball low down .
    Farah and Felix played well-ok  as usual  , , but crossed to apparently barely competant , uninterested , and big enough central strikers .
     They F &F need to be coached to man up and become box penetrating wide strikers .. like Dirk Kuyt for instance .
         Midfield need to be no nonsense , age almost immaterial  .
              The performance of the loanees today was poor .
           And Dowie never got out of his hole ..I think he knows what to do but cannot do it .

So he did play in the hole, fatal mistake. He should have played in one of the channels. There he could have ploughed a lone furrow and kept to the straight and narrow. They are also not as deep as a hole and he could easily have jumped out if someone passed him one of them there square balls people keep on about. Mind you, they can be swine if you try and head them, one of those corners could have your eye out.  ::)