Author Topic: Todays game  (Read 15173 times)

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Todays game
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2014, 08:46:13 PM »
Like a bit of irony SL .
  Though Steve Martin had all that buttoned up in Roxanne  .
   Some people dont like him for that  ..

milo1972

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2014, 08:56:18 PM »
Not long got home from the game and to say im disappointed is an under-statement.

First of all, full credit to Leek Town who were first to every ball, they battled hard and they deserved to be in the hat for the draw on Monday. Well Done.

Secondly, what is going on at BUFC?. Huffing and puffing, long balls to no one, no desire, no width, i could go on and on.......
We are just not good enough and this needs sorting asap otherwise we will end up being a mid-table side getting crowds of 750.

Todays game had the potential to be a banana skin and it happened. After a stuttering start when Vince had to make a great save we did get on top and i felt with our domination we would score and we nearly did on a couple of occasions. Their keeper making some decent saves but then it went downhill... Leek missed an open goal and should have gone in at half-time leading.
The second half was awful, Greene took off our best player ( Dixon ) and things got worse when Leek scored a well worked goal. Their tails were up and they could have extended their lead further before Steers defensive error led the to their second. I shouted to Greene to sort it and all i got was abuse from Bunce. I can understand their frustrations but the majority of this squad are GREENES signings and several players who i will not name are not good enough.

As usual the away fans helped with the decent attendance of 769 ( approx 120 Boston ) and they deserve better.

I will be there next saturday v Hyde but many more poor performances and results like the last two i believe the writing will be on the wall for Denis.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2014, 09:10:36 PM »
Im pleased for Leek with that attendance .. and I bet they are pleased with the prize money  .

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2014, 09:58:41 PM »
Im pleased for Leek with that attendance .. and I bet they are pleased with the prize money  .

I don't give two shits about Leek, we're in trouble and it needs addressing fast before all the good work of the past few years is wasted.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2014, 10:28:48 AM »
It was truly awful. Truth is leek could and should have had two more. More worryingly leek didn't even play that well because they didn't have to. A big side to leagues lower,  they were busy passing along the floor while we were lumping it forward. We say we need more firepower but the strikers we have never even get the ball. They completely controlled midfield thats the issue

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2014, 01:44:47 PM »
Missed out on a home tie against Blythe Spartans.  What a waste of an opportunity to progress!
United we stand..................

Odin

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2014, 04:11:40 PM »
So, go along with Milo and be there next Saturday or volunteer to be a guinea pig in the Ebola vaccine trials. Mmmmm, that's a difficult one.