Author Topic: oh dear Den!  (Read 65723 times)

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: oh dear Den!
« Reply #120 on: October 10, 2014, 01:33:35 AM »
Robbins is under contract so Stamford will no doubt want money.

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 10, 2014, 11:35:16 AM »
We have too many players plucked from below us in the leagues who where not good enough for there previous clubs end up at BUFC and still crap Felix,Dowie,Fallah and Hollingsworth and can add meadows to the list this year also.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 10, 2014, 11:50:02 AM »
Can't disagree we have signed many who have failed, but that doesn't mean others yet to arrive would and yes of course every manager wants and needs a good striker or two and yes its certainly not easy, but presumably the smaller a managers contact book is the less chance there is of getting one, and if you've looked four months and still not found one, what does that suggest to you?

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 10, 2014, 11:54:09 AM »
I'm still not convinced Carl. On the one hand as you say, you can't argue with his goals return thus far, certainly looks sharp given a sight of goal, but he could, should be contributing a lot more with his off the ball movement, closing defenders down, showing aggression in challenges and at least compete for headers, and his first touch needs improvement. With the lack of any pace he could be best suited to playing in the hole, assuming DG can find someone to play in front of him? But without any competition or alternative and knowing you're guaranteed to start every game because of it is hardly going to keep him or any other player on his toes is it

No wonder he lacks pace if he has to play in a hole, he will be exhausted climbing out every time the ball approaches him. Are there many of these holes in today's pitches?  ::)

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 10, 2014, 01:37:26 PM »
No wonder he lacks pace if he has to play in a hole, he will be exhausted climbing out every time the ball approaches him. Are there many of these holes in today's pitches? 

Some pitches have the holes filled in. I've heard of games being won on aggregate

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 10, 2014, 01:52:39 PM »
The whole world has gone mad! ;D

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 10, 2014, 02:08:07 PM »
We have too many players plucked from below us in the leagues who where not good enough for there previous clubs end up at BUFC and still crap Felix,Dowie,Fallah and Hollingsworth and can add meadows to the list this year also.

Hollingsworth was at Nottingham Forest last year, and Meadows at Alfreton. Hardly teams below us!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 10, 2014, 05:35:06 PM »
So I got Hollingsworth wrong but if you read properly it does say can add meadows, sorry to make a mistake like that Big head

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 10, 2014, 05:41:02 PM »
So I got Hollingsworth wrong but if you read properly it does say can add meadows, sorry to make a mistake like that Big head
he was only in the Academy so I guess you were right Garry!
Unless P86 knows different?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 10, 2014, 06:40:48 PM »
he was only in the Academy so I guess you were right Garry!
Unless P86 knows different?
Hollingsworth had 1 year as a professional at Forest.

Not sure how you can add Meadows - he's never played lower than BUFC.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 10, 2014, 07:26:02 PM »
That can soon change!