Author Topic: oh dear Den!  (Read 66860 times)

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: oh dear Den!
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2014, 10:44:48 PM »
 That goal difference is quite common GHM ..
   Its called midtable mediocrity ..

BradHealy24

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2014, 09:32:16 AM »
Well i for one think some people need to take a reality check!

Under previous ( Lee and Drury) where was we finishing in the league? Den has taken over with the same budget, Put a squad together last season on the same budget(so we are told) and we just missed out on the play offs, Players went in the summer, Milnes/Wier-daley where not good enough ,which may upset people but its the truth or why they at  the level they are at? Obviously losing Miller was a huge blow and as mentioned earlier its hard to replace someone like that with our budget and i am sure den said in the paper he tried getting Kendall and mettam in who would have been good signings but wages were a problem,  Now if i recall most fans were backing Den and the team to do well this season and where right behind the team, Now we have stuttered a bit at times this season but Jesus we are sat 7th in the table,Booing and getting on the teams back isn't going to help, Get behind the lads and if its bad have a say when they come of at half time then get behind them again second half, We all want the club to do well so if we all pull together we can play our part and their can be no complaints about us fans can there?  i dont think we have really got going yet this season and certainly we have more to come, I think fans of teams like Tamworth, Harrogate especialy and others like Bradford pa, have more to worry about than us with their budgets which must be much bigger than ours,

YES we need another striker and Yes we need some presance in midfield but i am sure den knows this,  The defence on paper good but still we leak goals? Is this because we need a change in there? is the midfield not protecting the defence? everyone has their own opinion and rightly so if they pay good money to watch the game.

if we dont have much in the bank to get people in then how about getting some out like Sanders(why is he even still here) Hollingsworth, mcghee, Doran, can all go for me

End of the day we all think we no best dont we?

DG is in charge and i will continue to go to games good or bad and support the team i love BUFC
and ill let DG do the job he is paid to do and i dont think he doing that bad tbh

Brad Healy

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2014, 09:42:22 AM »
   Its called midtable mediocrity ..

You miss my point ft ,   I was pointing out our scoring rate is decent although our forwards along with  the mid-field are getting to blame for our bad run .
Against that we have a defence that leaks more goals than most in the league and as i stated we have a defender who is good at going forward but poor at defending .  Add to that another defender who lacks speed which I think opposing teams are getting wise to .
 I was suggesting our defensive shortcomings are being overlooked .

BradHealy24

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2014, 09:45:30 AM »
our scoring rate is good GHM, I agree does the defence need a closer look? easilly gets over looked, we have the same defence yet leak goals?

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2014, 11:54:51 AM »
Brad good post. My only gripe was the poor entertainment value. Against Oxford I was entertained I know we got thumped but could have had six ourselves. Saturday the tempo wasn't there, even our keeper as I mentioned before, walked to fetch the ball, at home the emphasis is to entertain the home fans so keeping a quick tempo is vital especially when losing.

Odin

« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2014, 11:59:56 AM »
It doesn't help when a team can score 7 agin us in one game, it only takes that to make goal difference a bit of a joke. If the ball spends more time in our half of the pitch than theirs is that the defences fault. On Saturday our defenders had no one to pass it to in midfield so the long ball was the only option and with the size of our forwards being beaten to the ball in the air every time meant it was coming straight back at our defence. Of course we are going to let goals in when in 90 minutes of footy we never had one attempt on their goal and they were running down our flanks with nothing to stop them, we weredarn lucky it wasn't another half dozen goals against us. I find it difficult to blame the defence when they are so over worked. And let's not forget,as I have said earlier, we played a game only a few days earlier and were total crap in that as well. I actually think we missed McGhee on Saturday and putting Marrs on in midfield and moving Marshall to right back seemed a strange move. I also think that's a problem, sometimes there seems no sense in the substitutions made and as others have said to leave on loan players who have something to offer on the bench is bewildering. Perhaps the problem was we were getting too close to the top of the table and we can't risk the chance of possible promotion. (That last sentence is a bit of sarcasm by the way).
As FC has just said, no desire to win. Why ?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2014, 03:00:42 PM »
our scoring rate is good GHM, I agree does the defence need a closer look? easilly gets over looked, we have the same defence yet leak goals?

Agree Brad ,  we have the same defence last season and it leaked goals . 

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2014, 03:38:54 PM »
Many have questioned why the lads on loan didn't start the game and to be fair to Den he did answer this in his interview after the game with radio Lincs saying that Dixon has just returned from injury and 3 90 min games in a week would be too much for him which is fair enough. Fully expect him to start against Leek.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2014, 04:43:25 PM »
     I stand by my original comment ..
       People may be happy with this . . if there is a will to fix the defence in broad terms , things should improve .
        But there's always the feeling that promotion is not wanted  'just yet '  .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2014, 07:26:36 PM »
     I stand by my original comment ..
       People may be happy with this . . if there is a will to fix the defence in broad terms , things should improve .

Don,t thicnk any of us are happy with the goal difference ft . ???

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 07, 2014, 08:23:15 PM »

If I bump into David Newton I'll ask him.......think I know the answer.
Promotion would give us larger gates, more local derbys etc (of course wage bill would rise...can't win can you :) )
Promotion via the easy route is to throw loads at it but not always guaranteed.
Maybe we ought to group together and buy lottery tickets?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 07, 2014, 08:57:27 PM »
  The lottery 'delusion'  has been mooted fancifully on here, mainly on an individual basis ..
      ie ' If I won the Lottery I would be in there like shot ,etc .
     If a syndicate is mooted . .dont leave the admin to the present General Manager .. he'd forget to take the subs in  ???

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 08, 2014, 02:39:14 PM »
Well i for one think some people need to take a reality check!

Under previous ( Lee and Drury) where was we finishing in the league? Den has taken over with the same budget, Put a squad together last season on the same budget(so we are told) and we just missed out on the play offs, Players went in the summer, Milnes/Wier-daley where not good enough ,which may upset people but its the truth or why they at  the level they are at? Obviously losing Miller was a huge blow and as mentioned earlier its hard to replace someone like that with our budget and i am sure den said in the paper he tried getting Kendall and mettam in who would have been good signings but wages were a problem,  Now if i recall most fans were backing Den and the team to do well this season and where right behind the team, Now we have stuttered a bit at times this season but Jesus we are sat 7th in the table,Booing and getting on the teams back isn't going to help, Get behind the lads and if its bad have a say when they come of at half time then get behind them again second half, We all want the club to do well so if we all pull together we can play our part and their can be no complaints about us fans can there?  i dont think we have really got going yet this season and certainly we have more to come, I think fans of teams like Tamworth, Harrogate especialy and others like Bradford pa, have more to worry about than us with their budgets which must be much bigger than ours,

YES we need another striker and Yes we need some presance in midfield but i am sure den knows this,  The defence on paper good but still we leak goals? Is this because we need a change in there? is the midfield not protecting the defence? everyone has their own opinion and rightly so if they pay good money to watch the game.

if we dont have much in the bank to get people in then how about getting some out like Sanders(why is he even still here) Hollingsworth, mcghee, Doran, can all go for me

End of the day we all think we no best dont we?

DG is in charge and i will continue to go to games good or bad and support the team i love BUFC
and ill let DG do the job he is paid to do and i dont think he doing that bad tbh

Brad Healy

Den rightly took the plaudits particularly at home last season as it was a delight to go and watch but you cant bask in the good times and enjoy the numerous bouts of back slapping without holding your hand up when the opposite happens, but with DG this rarely happens as it always appears to be someone else's fault, including recently the 'knobheads' whereas genuinely so, I think we are as loyal and supportive as you will find in any NL club anywhere

We should have kept Reynolds but couldn't as already had three CH on contract and the squad was totally unbalanced with four, but that's Dens fault, that's what he gets paid to sort out. Jesus Christ he's had since July to bring in a forward, not only to replace Miller but the oh so predictable absence of Newsh, and its very well saying he tried Brad, and am sure he did and probably sure still is, but so what that's his direct responsibility, no one elses and it was made worse as everyone could see it was and still is our biggest priority, but none arrived and instead he spent six, seven weeks trying to convince us all at every given opportunity that Garner, on the premise of scoring bucket loads in five a side training would do the job just as well, and many even fell for it!
He even suggested the Oxford game could have finished nine all! Oh really not from where we sit it bloody couldn't.
Look Brad he is in charge, if we continually lump the ball forward that's down to him, its his team but he really would be advised to stop giving interviews saying how he tells the team one thing and he doesnt know why they do another...that's his job mate.
We will support the club as we have done for years and if that means at times venting our frustration or moaning about the product we pay a lot of money to watch then so be it.
At home last season the product and excitement was great, this season even allowing for the opening day victory against the favourites it has been totally the opposite, and as manager DG has to fix it. That's his remit, the nature of the beast and as Graham Drury found out to his cost, though I wasn't one of them, if this rubbish continues, and it is rubbish at the moment the crowd may turn, and if they do, the dug out will be a lonely place to sit

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 08, 2014, 04:00:36 PM »
Its has turned since the knobhead saga! No green army chants and I hope the bloke with the flag gets a refund

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 08, 2014, 06:16:17 PM »
As black an yella knobhead stated earlier Den struck lucky last year with Miller also add Agnew to that ,  Den may be entitled to claim signing them was a good days work . I think these two covered up some of the short comings in the team last season .
Greene should know don,t open your heart to the press .    Never wise to criticise the paying customer .
Years ago I stopped reading /listening to managers/ players comments to the press ,  always the same old stuff  "always wanted to be at this club "   "take the club forward " etc .
In fairness to Greene pre-season we were complaining the only striker he had signed was Southwell ,while Harrogate had signed Walshaw and Kendal , Tamworth signed Mettam , Barrow got Wilson (NFU).
The total wages of these four is claimed to be £3k a week .  The aggregate goal return is less than doule figures .
Maybe picking up good strikers is not as easy as many think .