Author Topic: oh dear Den!  (Read 65640 times)

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: oh dear Den!
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2014, 09:47:52 AM »
The crowd is always quiet at the beginning. At the Boston games it's usually the teams performance that gets the crowd going

I would refer you to watch and listen to youtube clips titled "Boston United, teams out", you might then see your wrong on this point mate ! 

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2014, 09:58:49 AM »
It does seem to be getting progressively worse doesn't it and like every other team the buck stops with the manager whether DG wants to accept it or not.
I too can't work out the rationale of bringing in loanees without first establishing if they are better than what we already have which he obviously feels aren't hence seeing them on the bench. Even Marrs the best full back in the league last year and who we all welcomed back appears to have been earmarked for midfield.
Maybe we were spoilt last season but we so badly need to recruit someone who can make things happen in the final third which Dennis has failed to do since the summer and you can't deflect the blame of that one.
But his tactics whatever they are currently meant to be, and I can't work them out, need to change sooner rather than later as does i feel, quite a few of the current personnel as with a quarter of the season now gone its now pretty obvious that several are not good enough.
Dear oh dear

black n yella

« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2014, 10:10:38 AM »
So fans now even blaming fellow fans for our poor performances  ::) Sunday league / amateur league footballers don't rely upon the supporters chants to perform to the best of their ability. Yes it can give the players a boost at times but if players are simply relying on that then there's something drastically wrong. Yes some the fans were quick to criticise players yesterday but for all the crap sprouted I also herd plenty of encouragement. Just because the fans made little attempt to sing does that mean as a team they can't perform. Some would argue that poor performances like yesterday will sap the energy from the terraces. Players need to rise above negative comments coming from the sidelines and get on with doing their best. We as supporters do need to make more positive noise I concede but that's easier said than done.

I'm of the mindset that the players aren't performing mainly because the chopping and changing of our squad and playing them out of position. I'm uncertain whether our manager has the tactical knowledge to help us progress through these difficult times. They looked a bunch of dejected individuals yesterday and not a team. We desperately need a strong character on the pitch and in the dressing room to galvanise the squad. 

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2014, 10:17:04 AM »
Please explain how Duran Reynolds playing today would have seen us show more of an attacking threat?
Well, P86, he would have filled the gap in our leaky defence which is almost as big as your over inflated ego!
You didn't answer the question I asked...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2014, 10:51:37 AM »
Agree on that one B.Grimes. We are seriously lacking a player who can make things happen. We have no pace in key areas. its okay saying we have newsh to come back which will be great but he won't solve our lack of lack creativity and pace. teams are happy to sit back and let us have the ball because we can't break teams down and have no width so only option is to play it long and it's coming back straight away cos we have no height upfront. something needs to change quickly that's for sure.

Odin

« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2014, 11:28:57 AM »
Re the vocal support, someone next to me asked why the feller who brings the drum wasn't banging it yesterday. Perhaps he was using it as a seat. Let's get this right, when the town endears get going they are fantastic support for the team but yesterday it was quiet. Anyway, it has been correctly pointed out that if the team cannot play well without the vocals then they are not worth much. We had a lot of individuals running around but Not a team. Got to agree with the last few posts.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2014, 12:39:12 PM »
Newsh won't help at all if we carry in like this. Strikers need halls to them to do summit with and we can't get balls to them at mo

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2014, 01:03:06 PM »
Two words: Duran Reynolds.
We had him and let him go. The was the start of our troubles. End of.

Hardy anyone complained at the time and the fact he dropped down two leagues says it all .

Also another poster asks was it right to let SWD go ?   Yes it was as he was not good enough , but Den failed to replace him with someone better .

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2014, 01:18:09 PM »

Hardy anyone complained at the time and the fact he dropped down two leagues says it all .

Also another poster asks was it right to let SWD go ?   Yes it was as he was not good enough , but Den failed to replace him with someone better .

Your spot on with what you said. The players we let go are the correct players, we just fail to replace them with better

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2014, 01:51:31 PM »
 ' Bewildered '  boss bemoans bogstandard Boston .
     Time for the exit door to open somewhat methinks ..

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2014, 02:26:12 PM »
Very few crowds continually and verbally get behind their teams when nothing happens to inspire them to do so. The noisiest crowds I ever heard were at Newcastle and Portsmouth but what happens on the pitch invariably dictates the level and volume if their support and am afraid there was nothing at all happening on the pitch yesterday for anyone to get even remotely enthused about and if anyone never mind the boss tries to cite the crows as even the smallest part of mitigation for the current rubbish then it would be a very sad state if affairs

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2014, 04:45:34 PM »
One of the most frustrating things about yesterday was the amount of times, especially in the first half, that Steer was completely unmarked and yet he never received the ball.

Also, I don't believe that any of the new midfielders are any better than Ross, Milnes and, to a lesser extent, Konadu.

Finally, I felt sorry for the sponsors who were on a hiding to nothing when it came to selecting a MOTM.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2014, 06:14:44 PM »

IMHO the player we should have kept was Ian Ross.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2014, 06:41:50 PM »
Bring Marshall on!!!!
good luck Connor !

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2014, 07:02:05 PM »
I think we should have held onto the following until we had better:

Milnes
Ross
Konadu
Ben Fairclough
Reed
Hall

Maybe we can draw some comparisons with Liverpool. Star striker gone. A load of average players come into the team and then it all goes tits up. 

In all seriousness, Newsham isn't the answer. He will score goals if given service - just like Southwell does. In fact, I wouldn't play both together as I think they are too similar. As mentioned above, we need creativity in the final third - players that are not afraid to run at the opposition and get to the touchline. Although rubbish yesterday, I think Dowie is ok for this level but Hollingsworth, Meadows, Fallah, Felix - probably missed a few - all just average at best - on a good day that is.

Not going to Leek now as been deflated by Dereham, Worcester away and yesterday. Going to have a week off, do a bit of decorating and come back for a goal fest against Hyde.

TEP