Author Topic: oh dear Den!  (Read 65605 times)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: oh dear Den!
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2014, 09:15:18 PM »
Certainly the worst performance of the Dennis Greene era.  Can't remember another time under Greene where I've thought the team looked like journeymen picking up a wage. Today they did and I felt I could walk out at half time knowing I'd not miss anything, that turned out to be true.  Turgid performance.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Leek Tourist Information

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2014, 09:27:07 PM »

BUT I will be there at Leek Town next saturday along with a 150 or so Pilgrims Faithful

YES! That's the spirit.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2014, 09:27:26 PM »
For a team without any tall forward players, it's stupid to play without any width. Stretch their defence, rather than going through the middle.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2014, 09:59:15 PM »
Charley Sanders! He would probably last 10 minutes! Atleast he would put more tackles in(elbows) in that time than that lot did today!

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2014, 10:04:08 PM »

Whilst no one is making excuses for the performance today the reaction from the crowd this season at times has been awful. Several around me today seemed to enjoy the fact that we were being out played and gave them an excuse to hurl abuse at our players which was neither constructive or needed. Far too many this season have should little support for the team. Results at home this season have been poor and as fans we need to play our part in supporting the team.

So right to mention this Carl,  some might joke they are knobheads on here but some of those today should have a medal for being just that !!  Its like you say, some so called fans seem to be taking great pleasure this season from just turning up to abuse the players.  Had these so called fans turned their jeers from the off to cheers from the off we might have actually lifted the team. No atmosphere at all today,  yet on other home games when we get it rocking you can see it lifts the team.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2014, 10:32:08 PM »
Scrap the entire midfield - all average or below average for this league. Can't understand bringing two in from a League 1 club and then putting them on the bench - would suggest they are not as good as what we have - so why get them in the first place ? Also need something else up front as Southwell hasn't got the legs / capability / height to do a job by himself.

TEP

Odin

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2014, 10:41:37 PM »
I stopped insulting individual players a few seasons ago when it occurred to me that it's the manager who signs them, selects the team to play each game, decides on tactics to be used, makes the substitutions and blames everyone but himself for under performing. Today I don't think you could single individual players for that performance. To me everything was wrong, there was nothing positive about the whole team performance. Lack of motivation could be the problem. Do remember that on Tuesday night the performance was crap as well. Have the team lost confidence in the manager, is he not motivating them, has the manager lost the plot, has he reached the limit of his ability. Swapping players around, playing them out of position is unsettling. At this time the team is not very good and losing to Leek is more likely than winning.
To sum up, well I think 90 mins of a home game without one attempt on goal sums it up, it's not surprising the crowd were quiet. Also needs remembering that it was not just one player that under performed it was almost the whole team, almost.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2014, 11:00:44 PM »
Lets keep perspective here - yes we were awful today and have not been great on the whole this season but we are still 7th and if we can get a settled team playing the right way we could still have a good season.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2014, 11:04:11 PM »
Odin, the crowd was quiet from the first min so your points not really valid. Surly the crowd should be chanting and cheering from the moment they come out to at the very least if and when we concede. Then i could understand the quietness.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2014, 11:23:26 PM »
Two words: Duran Reynolds.
We had him and let him go. The was the start of our troubles. End of.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2014, 11:42:09 PM »
Please explain how Duran Reynolds playing today would have seen us show more of an attacking threat?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Odin

« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2014, 12:38:53 AM »
The crowd is always quiet at the beginning. At the Boston games it's usually the teams performance that gets the crowd going, I know that's the wrong way round but that's how it is.
A settled team with players in their best position would help. Anyway the clubs ambition for promotion is irrelevant an will be until after the big move because it cannot afford the extra dosh on players. All we ever hear from the top is that funds are short so talk of promotion is required to keep people interested not as a realistic ambition.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2014, 09:40:33 AM »
I cant see NEWSAM wanting to come back to soon to this shower.   we have a decent foundation in
FARMAN         GARNER ,MARRS,MILLS,PIERGIANNI,STEER.
from there we need a complete revamp,it's a big building progect but is GREENE up to admitting that to often he 's  getting the mix wrong.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2014, 09:42:53 AM »
Please explain how Duran Reynolds playing today would have seen us show more of an attacking threat?
Well, P86, he would have filled the gap in our leaky defence which is almost as big as your over inflated ego!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2014, 09:43:27 AM »

Actually that would have freed up the option to stick Garner up top, who has already proved he can be a target man when needed. We had no other CB options yesterday so Garns had to stay where he was.  Obviously when we have Pidge back from suspension we will then have the three CB options but when we had four, one of those simply had to go.  I'm more surprised nobody has said we shouldn't have let SWD go at the end of the season !