Author Topic: oh dear Den!  (Read 65627 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: oh dear Den!
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2014, 06:23:45 PM »
Ermmm is it me or is it getting worse

Oh just to add insult Greene and the team are on the pxss tonight

black n yella

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2014, 06:24:51 PM »
From the off Hednesford looked more eager to win every ball and make every tackle count. The only
positive from today's game is that we  weren't beaten by any more goals. There's some real worrying signs about this squad.
1. We play long balls to small players. It makes the oppositions life so easy, they keep retrieving the ball off us and immediately have the advantage.
2. There's gaping holes in midfield and defence, the team bus could pass through without an eyelid being batted.  Most of the time players are out of position and not even picking up their man.
3. Playing football backwards and sidewards only works if you have a team which has a first rate passing ability. Naturally you'd assume players would pass and go, moving into supporting positions.
4. Very few players are willing to close down and hassle the opposition when they've got the ball, let alone put a meaningful tackle in.
5. When we loose the ball, we can't even win 2nd or 3rd balls. The majority of the time we're outmuscled or there's a lack of effort to win it.

But naturally as a nobhead on the terrace I know fack all. It's about time you prove to us this squad is equally as capable as last seasons because I simply don't see any evidence for this claim. Today's performance reminded me of the Jason Lee, Drury era. Lack of effort and togetherness as a team. We're so negative even at home now. Blame the fans, blame the players, but take a look at yourself Den, you've put this squad together and adopted this anti football style. It's boring the tits off me.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 06:26:53 PM by black n yella knobhead »

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2014, 06:40:19 PM »
Team bonding, not on the pxxxs.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2014, 06:42:11 PM »
Think they were on the piss before the game!

uncleremus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2014, 06:46:18 PM »
bit difficult for the team to be on the piss when most of them are too short to see over the bar to order a drink, and most would need ID as they are so young.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2014, 07:03:05 PM »
Team bonding, not on the pxxxs.

You couldn't bond this lot using a combo of nails and glue let alone a pint or to

bit difficult for the team to be on the piss when most of them are too short to see over the bar to order a drink, and most would need ID as they are so young.

They be on there backs after a sniff there that light weight

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2014, 07:09:56 PM »
Not sure I have seen many worse performances than today. Garner and Dixon were probably the only two to come out of that game with credit. Nothing was happening for us today and we desperately needed a game changer and from what we have Felix is our best option and should have come on at half time. Dowie was shocking today and struggled to complete simple passes. Would like to see us play 442 when we have the personnel available, instead of crowding the midfield play with two wide men who will cause the opposition problems. McGhee, Felix, Meadows, Dixon, Newsham and Southwell could be a good combination if we can get all of them fit together. The defence picks itself. Despite the players missing today no excuses can be made for that performance.

Last season we played the same eleven for the first eight games (even using the same two subs in those games in Galinski and Fairclough) and only lost one. This season we haven't used the same eleven for any two game. Obviously injuries and suspension have played a big part in this but the players lacked an understanding today so hopefully we can get our best team playing together for several games and win games before we slip away.

Whilst no one is making excuses for the performance today the reaction from the crowd this season at times has been awful. Several around me today seemed to enjoy the fact that we were being out played and gave them an excuse to hurl abuse at our players which was neither constructive or needed. Far too many this season have should little support for the team. Results at home this season have been poor and as fans we need to play our part in supporting the team.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2014, 07:19:49 PM »
Not sure I have seen many worse performances than today. Garner and Dixon were probably the only two to come out of that game with credit. Nothing was happening for us today and we desperately needed a game changer and from what we have Felix is our best option and should have come on at half time. Dowie was shocking today and struggled to complete simple passes. Would like to see us play 442 when we have the personnel available, instead of crowding the midfield play with two wide men who will cause the opposition problems. McGhee, Felix, Meadows, Dixon, Newsham and Southwell could be a good combination if we can get all of them fit together. The defence picks itself. Despite the players missing today no excuses can be made for that performance.

Last season we played the same eleven for the first eight games (even using the same two subs in those games in Galinski and Fairclough) and only lost one. This season we haven't used the same eleven for any two game. Obviously injuries and suspension have played a big part in this but the players lacked an understanding today so hopefully we can get our best team playing together for several games and win games before we slip away.

Whilst no one is making excuses for the performance today the reaction from the crowd this season at times has been awful. Several around me today seemed to enjoy the fact that we were being out played and gave them an excuse to hurl abuse at our players which was neither constructive or needed. Far too many this season have should little support for the team. Results at home this season have been poor and as fans we need to play our part in supporting the team.
Fully agree Carl.
Just add that we don't have a leader, someone who will drag us through a game.
still on the coat tails of the play offs though, but we can't afford many more bad days at the office.
I believe DG can do it, but there's no getting away from the fact we were abject today,

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2014, 07:26:51 PM »
Far too lightweight in midfield, doesn't take a genius to work it out, been watching Boston for forty years and that comes close to one of the worse displays yet, still, onwards to Leek.

That's exactly what I was going to say

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2014, 08:12:26 PM »

Not seen them in the Eagle yet ,  will they be coming in ?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2014, 08:20:47 PM »
Probably having a Happy Meal in McDonalds!

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2014, 08:21:23 PM »

Not seen them in the Eagle yet ,  will they be coming in ?

They went to lincoln

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2014, 08:22:14 PM »
Went to see AFC Fylde this afternoon. What a revelation. They have players who know how to score and players who can defend, unlike Boston. Heaven help us when they play us - their two wingers will run us ragged. Please get this sorted, Den or I will die with embarrassment. With both Fylde and Chorley doing so well this season makes me realise there is little difference in standards between Conference North and the Northern Premier.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2014, 08:30:39 PM »
What a waste of a afternoon can not see how any of the new players are better that what we let go in the summer , we ran around like headless chickens
what has happened to garner not the player he was . >:( >:(

Were you one of the Spayners chanting for Charley Sanders recall?

milo1972

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2014, 08:58:23 PM »
Two words summarise todays perfomance ` bloody awful`

Sorry if my comments at the end of the match offended anyone but we all have an opinion, we all pay our money and we all expect passion, desire and enthusiasm. Unfortunately today Boston United didnt show any of them.

If my performance at work was poor i would get a rollicking so hopefully DG has done the same today to his team.

BUT I will be there at Leek Town next saturday along with a 150 or so Pilgrims Faithful who believe we can get a result in the FA Cup.

#upthepilgrims