Author Topic: oh dear Den!  (Read 65623 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Re: oh dear Den!
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2014, 10:44:53 PM »
Please explain how Duran Reynolds playing today would have seen us show more of an attacking threat?
Well, P86, he would have filled the gap in our leaky defence which is almost as big as your over inflated ego!
You didn't answer the question I asked...
Don't think you deserve an answer! What are you? Some sort of interrogator? Now stop trawling through my postings or I may get a little offended.
No, I'm a person on an Internet forum asking you a question, which you ducked. I didn't trawl through anything, this is a current thread.

If you're offended, then switch off your computer.
Yawn   :-*! Actually, you are a NOBODY on an Internet forum!  :bunny . Now you turn your computer off as it is getting late and you've work tomorrow morning!  :dan
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 12:07:32 AM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2014, 07:15:08 AM »
More interesting than watching the game!

Then why do you go if you prefer checking the premier scores on your mobile ?? tut,tut
actuslly check non league results! Anyway its better than listening to the moaners behind abusing Boston players everytime they kick the ball!

Odin

« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2014, 07:58:24 AM »
Just heard DG saying it doesn't help booing and jeering the players off the pitch. So it's the players again. Perhaps most of the booing and jeering was for him, after all, he only told us last week that this seasons team is stronger than last seasons and he picks the team and the positions they play in. A strong manager would say if you want to jeer anyone then it should be me, don't take it out on the players, I pick them, I select the tactics. If I have signed the wrong players I will sort it out.
Perhaps there should be less slagging the players because footballers want to play football and if selected, wether good enough or not, they would not turn down the opportunity.
So in the words of pratman who sits behind us "sort it out Den".
For those of you who shout abuse at the player I say cut it out, if they are not up to it blame the manager who clearly thinks they are.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2014, 08:30:02 AM »
Realistically holding onto the list of players previously mentioned including Ross would not be the answer. We missed out on the play offs last year primarily because of the way DG approached and played away from home the problem being this season we are now doing similarly at home!

He must have known Newsh was going to he missing a chunk of the season and never brought in a replacement nor  however hard it was going to be has he replaced Miller the one player who could steal a goal (or penalty) from nothing.
We have have got some very good defenders but no idea how to defend especially when as so many teams appear to, attack down the channels which has become a serious Achilles heel, we have lots (and lots) of very similar midfield players but none who stand out from the others, we  have pace in the team which without any inclination to get the ball out wide is never utilised and despite the ongoing reliance to play it long and high have no target man to either win or at least hold the ball up.....in short nothing whatsoever to differentiate us from the other teams destined to finish 9th to 18th and worse we have suddenly become knobheads simply for saying so or worse show any discontent. Dear oh dear.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2014, 08:33:21 AM »
Just heard DG saying it doesn't help booing and jeering the players off the pitch. So it's the players again. Perhaps most of the booing and jeering was for him, after all, he only told us last week that this seasons team is stronger than last seasons and he picks the team and the positions they play in. A strong manager would say if you want to jeer anyone then it should be me, don't take it out on the players, I pick them, I select the tactics. If I have signed the wrong players I will sort it out.
Perhaps there should be less slagging the players because footballers want to play football and if selected, wether good enough or not, they would not turn down the opportunity.
So in the words of pratman who sits behind us "sort it out Den".
For those of you who shout abuse at the player I say cut it out, if they are not up to it blame the manager who clearly thinks they are.

+1

Where is the interview. Asking for trouble if he tries to deflect anything away from him onto the supporters

kodger

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2014, 09:48:46 AM »
That was possibly the worst I have ever seen a Boston United team play..personally I would never boo the players off, but I can understand why it happened. For some to try and blame the (diminishing) crowd is laughable. I was pretty disgusted at that display, and still am.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2014, 12:26:59 PM »
Please explain how Duran Reynolds playing today would have seen us show more of an attacking threat?
Well, P86, he would have filled the gap in our leaky defence which is almost as big as your over inflated ego!
Don't think you deserve an answer! What are you? Some sort of interrogator? Now stop trawling through my postings or I may get a little offended.
No, I'm a person on an Internet forum asking you a question, which you ducked. I didn't trawl through anything, this is a current thread.

Yawn   :-*! Actually, you are a NOBODY on an Internet forum!  :bunny . Now you turn your computer off as it is getting late and you've work tomorrow morning!  :dan

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2014, 12:34:41 PM »

P86 can argue he is one of the more constructive contributors to this forum .
I recall in the past he has posted  links etc on here which have been useful and informatative and helpful

black n yella

« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2014, 02:19:34 PM »
Having time to reflect now I can see how lucky we were last season or should I say how lucky Den was. We had a great finisher in Newsham up until his injury and had a creative element in which fed him decent balls. This continued when Miller came in, a different style of player than Newsham but still contributed heavily to the goal tally. Goals also came from other players in the squad which they certainly needed to as we leaked goals heavily. The general philosophy of last season to me was we'll score more goals than you and for the best part of the season, at home at least, it worked. Now last seasons midfield problems also existed, it was far too lightweight and was prone to letting teams run through like this season. The only difference being last years midfield worked better with the defence when it came to looking for an outlet for defenders to pass to rather than this seasons tactic of no option, smash it up the pitch. This makes Dens lack of replacements for these attacking players absolute suicide in my opinion as we've no hope of attacking football and crucially goals. We've the same weak midfield and exposed defence and no hope of making up the goals we concede. Doesn't bare well does it ......

Odin

« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2014, 02:37:06 PM »
Heard his comments on the sports report on radio Lincoln at 7.35 this morning. You can hear it again on the Dalton show replay on the internet.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 02:45:07 PM by Odin »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2014, 03:18:29 PM »
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2014, 04:17:44 PM »
Mr Genius says he is bewildered at yesterdays performance. Let me help him understand

1 -- the fans are bewildered also at 4 changes from a good draw in midweek.
      we never seem to have the same team in consectutive games

2-- why get midfielders in on loan from better clubs and then not start them

3-- this league is very physical but we have a team of midgets.

4-- newsham and miller were excellent last year. neither has been effectively replaced.

5-- answer-simple--wrong team, wrong tactics, wrong manager

Agree with items 1/2/3.

4. Very difficult to find a pair of goalscorers like them even if you,ve got plenty of money to spend .

5. Who will do a better job as manager ?

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2014, 04:20:31 PM »
Mr Genius says he is bewildered at yesterdays performance. Let me help him understand

1 -- the fans are bewildered also at 4 changes from a good draw in midweek.
      we never seem to have the same team in consectutive games

2-- why get midfielders in on loan from better clubs and then not start them

3-- this league is very physical but we have a team of midgets.

4-- newsham and miller were excellent last year. neither has been effectively replaced.

5-- answer-simple--wrong team, wrong tactics, wrong manager

Agree with items 1/2/3.

4. Very difficult to find a pair of goalscorers like them even if you,ve got plenty of money to spend .

5. Who will do a better job as manager ?

There would appear to be several suitable candidates on this forum.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2014, 04:23:48 PM »
I think Den needs an holiday!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2014, 09:20:08 PM »
Odd that reading posts the have no mid/fielders and no decent forwards .   But we have good defenders .
Bit confusing when only 5 teams have scored more goals than us .  Alarmingly only 4 teams have conceded more goals .  Should we scrutinise the defence closer ?     In the reconised back four we have a defender who looks great going forward but is poor at defending ,  also one who clearly lacks pace which has been punished with goals conceded .

My back four :    Marr     Mills     Pidge     Steer ( due to no other left sided option )