Author Topic: oh dear Den!  (Read 65720 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: oh dear Den!
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2014, 07:46:39 PM »
I think we should have held onto the following until we had better:

Milnes
Ross
Konadu
Ben Fairclough
Reed
Hall

Maybe we can draw some comparisons with Liverpool. Star striker gone. A load of average players come into the team and then it all goes tits up. 

In all seriousness, Newsham isn't the answer. He will score goals if given service - just like Southwell does. In fact, I wouldn't play both together as I think they are too similar. As mentioned above, we need creativity in the final third - players that are not afraid to run at the opposition and get to the touchline. Although rubbish yesterday, I think Dowie is ok for this level but Hollingsworth, Meadows, Fallah, Felix - probably missed a few - all just average at best - on a good day that is.

Not going to Leek now as been deflated by Dereham, Worcester away and yesterday. Going to have a week off, do a bit of decorating and come back for a goal fest against Hyde.

TEP

We should be looking to improve the team , you don,t do that by retaining players like the above named who none  could  hold down a regular place , again all have fallen to a lower level team .

Most posts point to failings in mid-field and forwards ,   anyone noticed like last season we leak more goal;s than most teams ?

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2014, 08:09:36 PM »
Have to agree since moving up at start of season to live in the area yesterday was hard to watch for many reasons against an average side at best for this level of football.
We certainly missed Mills from right back he starts many moves off and can be found in the final 3rd supporting play offering a delivery from wide positions.
Yesterday the back 4 always looked hesitant in playing a forward ball and hardly never to feet opting for straight long balls.
Midfield never dropped off short to find the ball with backs to goal to offer short pass options.
A lack of someone who actually looks like they are going to head the ball on or hold it up as a forward... must be the best set of forwards who make out they are gonna head it (by jumping early) ive seen.
A total lack of drive in winning the ball back when play gets turned around.
Lack of ideas all round never got behind them by pulling their full backs out of comfort zones.
A lot of the above results in Trusting a player when he shows for the ball something in pre season I noticed the side had in abundance but has ebbed away on occasions lately.
As a new supporter I want to cheer the side on but its really hard if the game is not up to the quality of the surroundings York Street is a great place to watch football and with average crowds around the 1000 mark everyone could still be mistaken for thinking your watching football at a League club but the reality is we are watching football in the conference north.
Ill hope we can turn this around lets get that buzz that we had around the place like we had before kick off Vs Barrow it was great.
Come on you boys!!

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2014, 08:16:12 PM »
Ross could easily hold his place, but as you often see a new manager likes his own type of player. Ross was a quality player who made things happen,not a workhorse as it wasn't his game, but with respect to the current lads made chances and scored goals. Another thing with Rossy came into the clubhouse win , lose or draw and have a chat in his BUFC tracky, this year jeans hoodies are the code or many don't either bother going in. Over the years since I was a kid supporting the club players always mixed, and chatted where has it all changed. Love him or hate him Jason Lee always went in with the players and set a standard, i just feel perhaps we need a bit of that all in here together back again.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2014, 08:25:06 PM »
Ross could easily hold his place, but as you often see a new manager likes his own type of player. Ross was a quality player who made things happen,not a workhorse as it wasn't his game, but with respect to the current lads made chances and scored goals. Another thing with Rossy came into the clubhouse win , lose or draw and have a chat in his BUFC tracky, this year jeans hoodies are the code or many don't either bother going in. Over the years since I was a kid supporting the club players always mixed, and chatted where has it all changed. Love him or hate him Jason Lee always went in with the players and set a standard, i just feel perhaps we need a bit of that all in here together back again.

Wheres Ian playing now?

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2014, 08:32:03 PM »
Odin, the crowd was quiet from the first min so your points not really valid. Surly the crowd should be chanting and cheering from the moment they come out to at the very least if and when we concede. Then i could understand the quietness.

Difficult when only 3 can be arsed to join in. People are spending a fortune to watch that and not make something out of it. They're too busy checking other scores and social media

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2014, 08:37:22 PM »
Odin, the crowd was quiet from the first min so your points not really valid. Surly the crowd should be chanting and cheering from the moment they come out to at the very least if and when we concede. Then i could understand the quietness.

Difficult when only 3 can be arsed to join in. People are spending a fortune to watch that and not make something out of it. They're too busy checking other scores and social media

A couple of blokes stood in front of me was at it all match josh

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2014, 08:41:33 PM »
More interesting than watching the game!

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2014, 08:42:34 PM »
Mr Genius says he is bewildered at yesterdays performance. Let me help him understand

1 -- the fans are bewildered also at 4 changes from a good draw in midweek.
      we never seem to have the same team in consectutive games

2-- why get midfielders in on loan from better clubs and then not start them

3-- this league is very physical but we have a team of midgets.

4-- newsham and miller were excellent last year. neither has been effectively replaced.

5-- answer-simple--wrong team, wrong tactics, wrong manager

Amber Man

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2014, 09:08:13 PM »
my first home game after the shambles of oxford at home. although i did manage to have the will power to stop 10 mins longer than i did that game. but i must differ from peoples opinion of den, i find den to be one of our better managers for a while ( obviously thats not hard, compared to recent comparison) any manager would struggle to replace a 20+ plus goalscorer like ricky miller on our budget. Yesterdays performance was dreadful, my main complaint was the midfield offering no options for the defence when they had the ball which forced them into hoofing it in too southwell who probably won 3 out 15 headers he went for which is frustrating to watch and like people have mentioned about the recruitment in the summer, although i wasn't the biggest fan of rossy as at time he could be a liability he could at least pass a bloody good ball

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2014, 09:41:30 PM »
Please explain how Duran Reynolds playing today would have seen us show more of an attacking threat?
Well, P86, he would have filled the gap in our leaky defence which is almost as big as your over inflated ego!
You didn't answer the question I asked...
Don't think you deserve an answer! What are you? Some sort of interrogator? Now stop trawling through my postings or I may get a little offended.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 09:45:40 PM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2014, 09:45:10 PM »
GHM. Of course we should be looking to improve but we haven't. Don't replace the existing players until you have better ones. I don't give two hoots who Ross is  playing for now. He is miles better than any of our current crop.

TEP

Odin

« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2014, 09:47:42 PM »
I think you will agree that it's all about money. Perhaps we should just sit back, accept we are a mid table or just below the play offs football club and stop false ambitions. The problem that brings is without ambition to progress why bother. Another issue would then be why pay the gate fees charged when other clubs who have a fraction of our support and don't have sugar daddies charge a lot less and seem to have a better side than we do. ( I am aware of the ground rate we pay ).
As for the quality of the squad I actually think we have a strong defence, but it must be disheartening for them to clear the ball only to have it coming back at them 20 seconds later. Newsh certainly won't be the answer. I recall last season people telling me that DG is a defence centred manager and I think that's his weakness.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2014, 10:03:27 PM »
Mr Genius says he is bewildered at yesterdays performance. Let me help him understand

1 -- the fans are bewildered also at 4 changes from a good draw in midweek.
      we never seem to have the same team in consectutive games

2-- why get midfielders in on loan from better clubs and then not start them

3-- this league is very physical but we have a team of midgets.

4-- newsham and miller were excellent last year. neither has been effectively replaced.

5-- answer-simple--wrong team, wrong tactics, wrong manager
Wrong manager?
Is that from a personal or football perspective?
Any suggestions?
I recall when people were calling for Jason Lees head various names being put forward.
One was G Drury and the other was D Green.
Fwiw, I agree with the other statements. Although I think all leagues are physical aren't they?
I can't understand why he isn't playing Marrs as a full back. He seems pretty ineffectual going forward.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2014, 10:28:35 PM »
Please explain how Duran Reynolds playing today would have seen us show more of an attacking threat?
Well, P86, he would have filled the gap in our leaky defence which is almost as big as your over inflated ego!
You didn't answer the question I asked...
Don't think you deserve an answer! What are you? Some sort of interrogator? Now stop trawling through my postings or I may get a little offended.
No, I'm a person on an Internet forum asking you a question, which you ducked. I didn't trawl through anything, this is a current thread.

If you're offended, then switch off your computer.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2014, 10:39:06 PM »
More interesting than watching the game!

Then why do you go if you prefer checking the premier scores on your mobile ?? tut,tut