Author Topic: Hard work or what!!!?  (Read 10123 times)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Hard work or what!!!?
« on: September 27, 2014, 07:21:14 PM »
Why, oh why do we always seem to make hard work of beating lower league clubs in the FA Cup, every time the FA Cup games come around, and we have to start it early, I fear for our progression, but, having said that, I thought Dereham played very well to day, and with a little bit more luck could've actually won, really impressed with their No: 11.   Any preferences to who we get in the next round?

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hard work or what!!!?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 07:38:00 PM »
made hard work of it for sure but through to the next round that's all that matters. was always going to be tricky game. Dereham had nothing to lose, could be worse a few conference north teams lost to lower league teams today. great to see newsh get a good run out as he continues his comeback.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 08:00:13 PM »
Credit to them for bringing a few.....take note Grimity,
Highest away gate for a long time ?

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 08:21:21 PM »
Credit to them for bringing a few.....take note Grimity,
Highest away gate for a long time ?

Barrrow?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 08:24:23 PM »
As for the game I thought we had gears still to get into that they couldn't match.

Yes we made hard work of it, but apart from the rocky 5 minutes at 1-1 we had them at arms length.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 08:25:02 PM »
Also thought their No.11 had a good game. Pace plus strength, something our rather lightweight wingers lack. Vince made some good saves, whereas I can't remember their keeper having to move to make a stop (apart from the three he let in).

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2014, 09:06:51 PM »
Whilst (like most teams) they had their spell in the game before Southwell scored we passed the ball around for the last 20 mins with ease and never moved out of third gear. Tempest and Dixon added quality on the ball to the midfield. Dowie played almost as third centre backs allowing Steer and Mills to go forward at will. Southwell scored a good header, the lad has a great instinct and his signing probably hasn't been given the credit deserved. Seven goals already this season and will hopefully go from strength to strength building a partnership with Newhsam. Credit to Dereham who played their part in a good cup tie.

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 09:26:19 PM »
made hard work of it for sure but through to the next round that's all that matters. was always going to be tricky game. Dereham had nothing to lose, could be worse a few conference north teams lost to lower league teams today. great to see newsh get a good run out as he continues his comeback.
Not that hard work - we led for all but 12 minutes of the game!
By my reckoning, 7 Conf North teams are out and 6 of those lost to lower league teams, including Barrow.  Playing teams from 2 or 3 divisions below you is not a guaranteed win, most of those teams can be competitive in a one off game.  Same when we play a Conf Prem team - we'd expect to give them a good game even if we didn't win.  Lower league team ups its game, higher league team not as motivated as they usually are, and it's a close game.
I thought this was job done, decent performance without being spectacular, but let's save our best performances for when we need them.  Get the money in the bank and look forward to the next round.
This team is still developing, two more new players today, so let's see how we look in another month or so.  Early signs are promising as we're well placed in the league without (hopefully) playing our best.
A bit of a run in the Cup can only help confidence - look at Zak Mills today, his best game for us so far, and hopefully he can continue to play like that

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 10:28:39 PM »
King 's Lynn in the next round would be good

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 07:13:05 PM »
King 's Lynn in the next round would be good

...no it wouldnt!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 07:52:15 PM »
Grantham?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 07:53:24 PM »
Why, oh why do we always seem to make hard work of beating lower league clubs in the FA Cup, every time the FA Cup games come around, and we have to start it early, I fear for our progression, but, having said that, I thought Dereham played very well to day, and with a little bit more luck could've actually won, really impressed with their No: 11.   Any preferences to who we get in the next round?

"Hard work "  are you sure you are conversant with the subject Ernie ? :D

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 09:24:12 AM »

"Hard work "  are you sure you are conversant with the subject Ernie ? :D

I've done my bit, you don't realise just how heavy a letter can be when it gets wet! :D

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 12:13:03 PM »
Tividale or leek Away in next round
Good draw for us

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2014, 12:48:14 PM »
Checking out the possible opposition....rather amusing typo in one of the sponsor's names....

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/leektown/news/two-new-sponsors-on-board-1295875.html