Author Topic: barlow leaves  (Read 6484 times)

shinnster

• View Profile
barlow leaves
« on: September 23, 2014, 10:03:40 AM »
Can't understand this one

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: barlow leaves
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 10:30:24 AM »
Disappointing, has looked good in the two u21 games, especially last week against Mansfield. With Farman, Newsham, Robinson and Dowie strengthening their relative positions we have a decent eleven but maybe room for another winger if we are going to play 442 at some point with only McGhee and Felix comfortable in a wide positon.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 10:32:41 AM »
With too many mid-fielders on the books Jack was the obvious one to go .    In the short game time he has played I thought he was very disappointing and lacked the fight a young player for who,s once bright career( at Hull) had recieved a setback .

swineshead pilgrim!

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 10:39:39 AM »
Admittedly I would have liked to have seen jack a bit more in the league but with him going it frees up a little bit of money considering he was on contract

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 12:56:20 PM »
He was under contract and expected to start games. He didn't have a great pre-season, and other players are ahead of him on merit. He wants to play, and will probably drop lower to do this.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

shinnster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 01:26:51 PM »
He was under contract and expected to start games. He didn't have a great pre-season, and other players are ahead of him on merit. He wants to play, and will probably drop lower to do this.

Fair comment

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 04:22:48 PM »
He has joined Cleethorpes Town.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 01:47:08 PM »
Well,he had trials with both Manchester clubs who didn't follow it up and then ended up at Hull,now at Cleethorpes suggests to me that perhaps the early "fame" made him think he had made it and therefore stopped performing to the standard that made those clubs interested in him in the first place... Other than that I cannot comment as I never saw him play....

I know young players in the past have signed for Man Utd only to take 3 steps backwards and end up being sold to lower division clubs so who knows...

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 02:45:58 PM »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 04:21:54 PM »
Well,he had trials with both Manchester clubs who didn't follow it up and then ended up at Hull,now at Cleethorpes suggests to me that perhaps the early "fame" made him think he had made it and therefore stopped performing to the standard that made those clubs interested in him in the first place... Other than that I cannot comment as I never saw him play....

I know young players in the past have signed for Man Utd only to take 3 steps backwards and end up being sold to lower division clubs so who knows...

It goes both ways. You get some players who are rejected by the big clubs but work their way back up again. Freddy Eastwood started as a West Ham youth player, got released but went to Grays, scored goals, and went back up the leagues via Southend, Wolves and Coventry.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2014, 06:03:15 PM »
Also remember that the big clubs take on alot of youngsters and very few make it for a Premiership first team. I was talking to Liam Marrs last week and he said that everyone in his year at Sunderland was released pre season. That's twenty or so young lads now looking for a club somewhere down the football ladder. Also slightly off topic Marrs said that he was not on a contract here but is hoping to earn one as soon as possible.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 10:38:47 PM »
Scored for them tonight at Worksop. Cleethorpes play NFU on Saturday!

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2014, 11:57:49 AM »
Scored for them tonight at Worksop. Cleethorpes play NFU on Saturday!

Barlow scored against North £erriby as well.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2014, 10:58:47 AM »
He left of his own volition nobody made him go