Author Topic: Good win today  (Read 6322 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Good win today
« on: September 20, 2014, 08:25:07 PM »
Solid TEAM performance.
Mills, Dowie and Southwall did really well.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Good win today
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 08:44:50 PM »
Great result and our first clean sheet of the season! Attendance dipped below the 1000 for the first time the season but not as bad as some thought it might have been. Plenty of options now with the additions in the areas needed and Dowie and McGhee back in midfield to give us plenty of options and quality. Newsh shouldn't be far off now and will hopefully get an hour Monday.

womble

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 09:21:06 PM »
Agreed, good result and a good performance to go with it. Could've been more decisive but overall did well, thought Dowie and Meadows were brilliant in the middle. However think the wide midfielders just need to track back more and help defensively because its all too often to see teams overload the wings and get crosses in. All in all though a step in the right direction, onto the Cup!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 09:29:46 PM »
Great result and our first clean sheet of the season!
Except the 1-0 win at Brackley
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 09:44:17 PM »
Great performance,  created plenty and was unlucky not to get more including one clear cut penalty not given.
Gate was down by a fair few, but by the sounds of it it wasn't many of the "knobheads".    Which comes to my next point...
Its time all this is drawn to a close now, today's chanting was getting to the point of embarrassing once it got repetitive. You've had you say so lets now regroup and move forward together.  After all, think of it as a relationship. You abuse your partner for so long and it ends with divorce. And we don't want this to end that way when we have a manager capable of getting us out of this league.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 10:01:02 PM »
Much better performance today. We looked a lot more solid in midfield, although we do seem to give space and time for the opposition to run into. A better team may have exploited that.           However 3 good points, and if there hadn't been a star performance from their goalkeeper, a terrible one from the referee, and if we had only passed the ball in their goalmouth to better placed team-mates we could have been talking about a 7-2 victory to us rather than the last home game defeat.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 07:58:17 AM »
Not been for a few games due to work but i enjoyed the game. I don't think the score line flattered us, we could have and should have had a couple, if not three more!
The ref was about the standard we have come to expect, in the middle of the second half he lost the game completely. The number 9 for them should have been booked when he let rip at the ref. Instead he let him off and he was plagued by him the rest of the match.
I thought they were a decent side and will win more than they lose, three points were hard fought.

Check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry.  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 08:23:38 AM »
A few snaps from the match in a public Facebook album:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152748594564282.1073741906.570994281&type=1&l=909ed44b0b

I'll bung a few on here later when I get back from this morning's little 7 mile race at Kirkstall Abbey.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 10:17:33 AM »
Great photo's Ken. Looking at those of the first half never seen as many pies and burgers being consumed.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2014, 11:12:50 AM »
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2014, 12:14:16 PM »
Nice photos Ken and thanks for getting me on a couple of them.  ;)

Check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry.  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2014, 08:20:49 AM »
A selection of snaps for those who don't do Facebook.

David Fallah has scored

Jay Dowie flying

New boy Conner Robinson

The Town End before kick off

Dayle Southwell leaps

Liam Marrs gets stuck in

Conner Robinson looking sharp

David Fallah scores

A new one-legged 'keeper?

Scott Garner is a pain in the arse!

Zak Mills skills

It went that a way