Author Topic: O/T E Petition for Boston Bypass if anyone is interested.  (Read 20624 times)

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile

black n yella

Re: O/T E Petition for Boston Bypass if anyone is interested.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 07:58:18 PM »
I'm all for this cause but we need 100,000 signatures for it to be considered to be discussed in the House of Commons. Given Boston's population surely this isn't possible or can anyone outside the area lend their support ?

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 10:07:58 PM »
Done x 2.  Can someone with a good following on Facebook and Twitter spread the word?
United we stand..................

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 11:09:16 PM »
Let's get the message out to the people of the surrounding towns who are affected when travelling to Boston. Skegness, Spilsby, Sleaford and Spalding are all close enough. I'm asking people I know in The Deepings to sign. Also, spread the message at home games. Maybe opposition supporters who come to town only once a year can be persuaded by the inconvenience that they experience. Get the managers of local stores to talk to their delivery drivers. If you go to away games and meet locals in the pub, explain to them, or bribe them with a pint if necessary. That's my list. Think of any others for yourselves. It's up to everybody.

Gaz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 05:18:30 PM »
Done :)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 05:28:45 PM »
I may be wrong  but watching Look North a local councilor stated that a new road as part of the Quadrant development will greatly help the traffic situation in Boston. Was that councilor the one who opposed the Quadrant?  Strange how the proposed new bit of road can get you on telly.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 08:06:55 PM »
I may be wrong  but watching Look North a local councilor stated that a new road as part of the Quadrant development will greatly help the traffic situation in Boston. Was that councilor the one who opposed the Quadrant?  Strange how the proposed new bit of road can get you on telly.

No ,  It was Peter Bedford Leader  of Boston B C and Boston U supporter

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 09:28:14 PM »
Sorry He is a top man.

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 09:49:58 AM »
I am still waiting for someone to explain how this "new road" will alleviate the traffic situation in Boston. How will taking traffic from a busy A16 on to an equally busy A52 and vice versa  help? After all, both roads finish up at the same roundabout. Is it a good idea to take a potentially busy road through a a large housing development?  In my opinion it is smoke and mirrors, pie in the sky,waffle and weasel words. I am not detracting from the development but using the "distributor" road as a solution to our traffic problems is ridiculous.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2014, 01:08:35 PM »
People are only moaning since the roadworks!! Amazing no road works no problems!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2014, 01:16:03 PM »
Are you joking?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2014, 01:17:53 PM »
I am sure GHM can remember the debates of the 60's and early 70's concerning a by pass.  Correct me if I am wrong but I think we were offered a relief road immediately or a by pass in 10 years.  I am sure the council voted for a relief road to protect the shop keepers in Boston.  I think the council was made up of several shopkeepers.  Hence the scar that is John Adams way which runs through our little town.  I could also be wrong but I think we were told if we took the relief road option, then the by pass option would then not be available to us in the future.  I am sure some patterers have a better memory than me.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2014, 02:52:39 PM »
Just about spot on Dipdodah.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2014, 08:09:37 PM »
I am sure GHM can remember the debates of the 60's and early 70's concerning a by pass.  Correct me if I am wrong but I think we were offered a relief road immediately or a by pass in 10 years.  I am sure the council voted for a relief road to protect the shop keepers in Boston.  I think the council was made up of several shopkeepers.  Hence the scar that is John Adams way which runs through our little town.  I could also be wrong but I think we were told if we took the relief road option, then the by pass option would then not be available to us in the future.  I am sure some patterers have a better memory than me.

Like SL I think the above is about right Dip .
Re: Council make up it is fair to say it was mainly made up of shopkeepers ,  in those days Dip you were either a shopkeeper or a pub landlord !!!!

At that time the no by-pass clause may have been fair and acceptable .  But with the population explosion in recent years it is now a very different situation .   
Not acceptable for LCC members saying rivers and Rail lines expensive to cross ,  it,s done in other places .

To change topic slightly its good to see the rest of the UK catching up with Boston abait lagging years behind ,  yes it must be odd for people in other parts of the country to see cars without a tax disc on display  ;)

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2014, 08:29:17 PM »
when there are no holdups or roadworks in Bostons antiquated road system,it does,in fairness,seem to flow reasonbly well....and I make these comments as a very busy person travelling around Boston on a daily basis...Where everything fails is when "someone" decides thas its a good idea to forbid the right hand turning from Southend onto J.A.W. at the same time that major roadworks and their associated disruption is taking place....that decision just beggars belief....The other point to bear in mind is this proposed cycle lane that is being incorporated within the road system.....When did you last see lots of cyclists on J.A.W.?....There are cycle lanes on London Road and Sleaford Road,and they never seem to be used by cyclists...do they?....Who decided that we need another cycle lane?
And if its so essential that we have one,why wasnt the work incorporated in the major roadworks we had a J.A.W. a few months ago?
Im very very sad to say that our once lovely town is becoming a joke....and yet with just a little bit of commonsense,thought and planning all the congestion we have at the moment could be avoided.....Of course NOTHING WILL HAPPEN,the Highways Authority will say that they are considering doing work at night,blah blah,blah,and they will spin the situation by saying "it will be worth it"......They will carry on this "spinning" for another 3 weeks and when they decide to do something it will be too late because their cycle lane has been constructed and everything will be back to normal.......until the next time..
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 09:55:32 AM by Johnny Pilgrim »