Author Topic: O/T E Petition for Boston Bypass if anyone is interested.  (Read 20680 times)

Odin

Re: O/T E Petition for Boston Bypass if anyone is interested.
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2014, 10:17:29 PM »
JP has got it spot on. Why on earth prevent traffic turning right onto JAW out of  Southend, what purpose is it serving. Can someone please tell me what work has been done on JAW during the past 2 or 3 weeks, I drove down it today and could not see any difference. My answer to this fast becoming arsehole of Lincolnshire is to move away from it as soon as possible.
I do recall that in the 70s and 80s Gainsborough had that title.

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2014, 10:25:19 PM »
If the "either, or" offer was made, then it was made by either a long defunct government, or Holland County Council, which no longer exists. Lincolnshire County Council didn't come into being until April 1974 and we've had many general elections since then. In my book, that means all bets are off. We were promised a new hospital just after the war, but it took 41 years to fund and build it. A similar promise was made for a Liverpool hospital on the same day as us, but that had been funded, built, worn out, demolished and replaced in the 41 years. Was Spalding told that the eastern by-pass meant no other scheme could be considered subsequently? Facts prove otherwise. As for Lincoln, at present rate of progress it will appear on the map as a dart board within twenty years. We have been in the news a great deal lately, and there is no excuse for not knowing that we exist. Enough is enough. We need to catch up with the rest of the country now, and to hell with the cost of bridges and other excuses.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2014, 12:00:41 PM »
If the "either, or" offer was made, then it was made by either a long defunct government, or Holland County Council, which no longer exists. Lincolnshire County Council didn't come into being until April 1974 and we've had many general elections since then. In my book, that means all bets are off. We were promised a new hospital just after the war, but it took 41 years to fund and build it. A similar promise was made for a Liverpool hospital on the same day as us, but that had been funded, built, worn out, demolished and replaced in the 41 years. Was Spalding told that the eastern by-pass meant no other scheme could be considered subsequently? Facts prove otherwise. As for Lincoln, at present rate of progress it will appear on the map as a dart board within twenty years. We have been in the news a great deal lately, and there is no excuse for not knowing that we exist. Enough is enough. We need to catch up with the rest of the country now, and to hell with the cost of bridges and other excuses.

I think we have been taken by mugs for far too long .  Talking to a gentleman recently who had just moved to the area from Bristol ,  His first comment was "what a funny traffic system at Boston , why no by-pass ?

As it stands it will be the same "funny traffic system " in twenty years time .   Maybe things will improve next May if we get a more energetic MP , is the answer to get out the banners now and lobby LCC and our MP .?

Odin

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2014, 04:06:16 PM »
The way things look we may have to lobby UKIP together it done, it would probably get them the seat. Immigration and a bye pass, now there's a way onto the MPs expenses train.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2014, 06:44:04 PM »
Not surprised the temporaŕy traffic lights caused a serious accident today! Who ever placed them there needs sacking!

black n yella

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2014, 07:50:43 PM »
Not surprised the temporaŕy traffic lights caused a serious accident today! Who ever placed them there needs sacking!

I'm interested in how you can attribute the placing of temporary traffic lights in the event of an accident ? Surely it has to be down to the error of the concerned motorist/s.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2014, 08:09:04 PM »

I'm interested in how you can attribute the placing of temporary traffic lights in the event of an accident ? Surely it has to be down to the error of the concerned motorist/s.

Can,t comment on accident or placement of stoplights today as I have not been down JAW.   But if they were placed and being repositoned while traffic still being permitted to flow as on Friday morning,  then yes its easy to envisage an accident happening .   
Even so I am sure a Highways Dept spokesman will claim otherwise in Weds local papers .

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2014, 08:39:59 PM »

Did you see where the lights where positioned? also the traffic lights are about the same size as our midfield!!

black n yella

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2014, 08:55:34 PM »
Thousands of motorists including myself have driven down John Adams Way without colliding with any pedestrians during this temporary traffic light business. Yes they are quite small lights but obviously most folk notice them. It's quite ironic that the roadworks and tailbacks could actually help you drive safer thanks to you not bring able to drive over 20mph. I shouldn't of come out with that line, someone from the road agency might just nick it.  :dan

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2014, 09:01:24 PM »
The toytown lights I passed through would be fine if the road was restricted to mobility scooters .

Odin

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2014, 09:59:51 PM »
To have such small lights on such a busy main through road is silly. I have driven past them quite a few times this week and yet Still find them easy to miss. They are such insignificant looking things I'm surprised there hasn't been a lot of rear  enders, perhaps there has but the only people to know about them would be the insurers. They need raising about 3 feet and maybe double them up so they become more obvious. As for the accident, it could have been a foreigner looking left instead of right before staggering into the road.

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2014, 09:46:13 AM »
It's all very well and good complaining about what's going on but what's the betting that in the local elections next year we vote in the same lot? And the same will happen at the county council elections - we get what we vote for. Change that and we might get a change of heart. I won't hold my breath  8)

XYU

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2014, 12:41:48 PM »
When I was back in town for the FA Cup match the other week I shook my head yet again at the state of the traffic in town. Who's great idea was it to re-route all the right turning traffic over a bridge, round a roundabout and back over the bridge again, through an extra three sets of traffic lights? How is that meant to reduce jams?
And then to add in those temporary traffic lights, which I didn't see till I'd driven past them. Not only are they small, they're also so low down that pedestrians can stand in front of them, as they were on Saturday afternoon. Routes with high freight volume get additional traffic lights added which are taller than normal, not smaller. I'm surprised there's not some legal issue about it.

To add to the bypass debate, if anyone's driven to Kettering recently they've seen the lovely new A43 Geddington bypass just after Corby. I've been on it a few times now since it opened this summer. Four miles of dual carriageway, a couple of roundabouts and bridges costing 34 million, and I've never seen an emptier road in my life.
I'm aware that a Boston Bypass would be more than 34 million for even a single lane road, but if money can be so totally wasted on this dual carriageway it makes you wonder exactly who is making these decisions and what kickbacks they're receiving.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2014, 12:48:31 PM »
On Look North last week they were debating The Boston Bypass.  Lincoln are getting a Bypass with a lower volume of traffic than Boston.  Seems fishy to me.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2014, 12:59:19 PM »
Looks like another accident near the roadworks now! Luckily it looks like no pedestrian involved!