Author Topic: Today v Hyde  (Read 6615 times)

black n yella

Re: Today v Hyde
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2014, 09:22:42 AM »
I can only echo fellow posters comments on a really positive game.

It was good to see some energy and willingness to pressure the Hyde players. We were actually winning the second balls which is a crucial part of winning games.
There's always a place for long balls at this level put it's knowing when to play them at the right time and think we demonstrated that better yesterday. It was also heartening to see the midfield play as they should in a game. They showed for the ball, distributing and providing attacking options as well as most importantly step up in their defensive roles.

I think that's probably the most resilient of line ups we've started with and I can only hope their confidence grows. I won't be disrespectful and infer the result was only a result of playing a poor bottom of the table team. I think for parts Hyde looked a reasonably decent team, perhaps just lacking a few decent additions. Nevertheless we comfortably controlled the game and played as a team most importantly. All we can do now is begin to build upon this positive performance and show we've finally turned a corner.

Odin

Re: Today v Hyde
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2014, 10:53:24 AM »
For me Marshall was the right choice for MotM. Great performance. And have to agree with someone behind us who shouted to DG, " that should tell you something ". I also think he went to the stands to avoid being jeered to the the dugout. (Can't win can he ).
Any way, a great result some terrific performances. I am a bit of a Jones sceptic, hope he can change my thinking on that. Last time I saw him play for us he was too slow and not what everyone thought he could be. We now need to win the next few home games.
DG did say on the radio that the last couple of performances were due to the wrong formation on the pitch so it was changed for yesterday. I think he decides on the formations to be played.
940 gate, not good.