Author Topic: Quadrant not called in!  (Read 13326 times)

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Quadrant not called in!
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2014, 01:30:18 PM »
Great news.  Maybe a bit of fortuitous timing helped out here, with the Government having other things to think about at the moment with all the promises they have made to the Scots. 
Just hope we can push on quickly and get work started before there is any change in the Government and they start reviewing things again!
Does anyone know whether enough of the funding is in place to allow work to start once the boxes have been ticked, or do we still need major investment from somewhere? 

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2014, 04:09:22 PM »
I'm quite sure "The Bell End" would be perfect for the away end !  :D

Kirton End would confuse the away supporters!
United we stand..................

Lord Lucan

• Happy Monkey Say Monkey Do Clapper season2014-2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2014, 06:06:40 PM »
Have to be careful if we call it the Bell End she might Sue. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Lets be more positive lets take the GRIM out of pilGRIM patter.
(from a so called on many occasions happy clapper)

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2014, 06:28:44 PM »
Will there be a "Knobhead Stand" as well? If Neil Hamilton is the local MP by then it seems appropriate he should do the official opening.  :)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2014, 06:59:11 PM »
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2014, 07:41:15 PM »
I see the Wyberton Action Group are still trying to stop the development.  They are asking for donations towards the cost of calling for a judicial review.  Lets hope this doesnt hold things up for us..

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2014, 08:16:30 PM »
I see the Wyberton Action Group are still trying to stop the development.  They are asking for donations towards the cost of calling for a judicial review.  Lets hope this doesnt hold things up for us..

In all seriousness , would they be able to access such funds ? ( How much needed? No idea), and would it delay the building for long? Can't see they have much of a case too be honest....

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2014, 08:19:04 PM »

Ironic that within a couple of miles of this prpposed development protests are being held against the closure of the last bank in Kirton .
Whats the betting if the Qaudrant is not developed in 3/4 years time the same Wyberton Action Group will be protesting against the loss of local services ?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2014, 08:21:32 PM »

In all seriousness , would they be able to access such funds ? ( How much needed? No idea), and would it delay the building for long? Can't see they have much of a case too be honest....

Don,t think any honest lawyer would advocate fighting the case .

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2014, 08:54:10 PM »
Well they have 6 weeks to lodge their claim from the date when the Government Dept passed it on.

Basic costs are £60, then £215.  But I presume legal costs will be high and assuming they did lodge their claim but lost there would be substantial legal costs and I doubt the ring leaders of the WAG will prepared to take the risk of going ahead without sufficient funds in place. 

(I did a search on Internet for the information - also the Legal System are trying to stop the soaring cases of judicial reviews by increased legal fees.)

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2014, 09:14:23 PM »
I can't see how they have a case to be honest the application all seems above board to me. I thought they have 6 weeks from the day the borough council actually passes the application which hopefully will be soon??

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2014, 10:13:11 PM »
Well they have 6 weeks to lodge their claim from the date when the Government Dept passed it on.

Basic costs are £60, then £215.  But I presume legal costs will be high and assuming they did lodge their claim but lost there would be substantial legal costs and I doubt the ring leaders of the WAG will prepared to take the risk of going ahead without sufficient funds in place. 

(I did a search on Internet for the information - also the Legal System are trying to stop the soaring cases of judicial reviews by increased legal fees.)

Thanks Artemis

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2014, 11:06:36 PM »
I can't see how they have a case to be honest the application all seems above board to me. I thought they have 6 weeks from the day the borough council actually passes the application which hopefully will be soon??

I thought the Council had already passed the application - then it was sent to the Government Dept??

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2014, 06:45:05 AM »
Minded to approve, final planning still being sorted.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2014, 01:30:37 PM »
Used to be a 12 week deadline for a Judicial Review,  and you must be seen by the Judge to have acted promptly to avoid financial prejudice, maybe it has changed recently to 6.
Cost c £3k to lodge a skeleton argument  :o