Author Topic: wrong signing Den!  (Read 18630 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
wrong signing Den!
« on: September 12, 2014, 05:35:30 PM »
Need a midfielder not a 3rd keeper!!! The knobheads will be ready for you tomorrow night if we lose!
Feel sorry for both keepers I bet they are totally p....d off

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: wrong signing Den!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 06:09:24 PM »
Need a midfielder not a 3rd keeper!!! The knobheads will be ready for you tomorrow night if we lose!

He did make it very clear last week that he felt non of them had fully stepped up. And i agree with some other post on here the Defence needs confidence in the keeper to be able to do there job and it seems to be something we have been lacking

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 06:09:49 PM »
Why the sensationalisation?

With Dowie coming back to full fitness, there's your midfielder. He was really good in pre-season before his injury.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 06:22:50 PM »

No messing with action man  Den ,   said he would replace goalies and so he has .

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 06:28:54 PM »
And i agree with some other post on here the Defence needs confidence in the keeper to be able to do there job and it seems to be something we have been lacking

This was a big problem Tuesday night.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 06:36:50 PM »
 ::)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 06:37:39 PM »
Defence needs confidence with the midfield! Can't have any confidence with those who played on Tuesday!!!

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 06:48:22 PM »
No spare money peoples ! tho wont be funny if this keeper doesnt perform either .
   o/t  Is £15 entry ok for this League ?

Is it  segregated ?

I will need to sit .. is it  like Gigg Lane ? Bury ..that was fine

fT

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 07:10:24 PM »
Alternating keepers almost weekly would destroy not their form so much but definitely their confidence but signing a third will not only drain them but alsondrain resources. Are they both on contract?
Also where do you draw the line? Let in seven and let's slag the keeper off shall we what about the shambles in front of the keeper or the midfield protecting the shambles in front of the keeper. How unfair not to mention naive is that. Best win tomorrow Den as incant think of an excuse you will be able to make.

Incidentally. What's more important tomorrow the result or the performance?

If Oxford can bounce back in such amazing fashion can we?

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 07:39:50 PM »
Good move Den so well done. Gledhill needs to released as Vince is the better prospect and on contract. Just need the best forward we can get for the money we have and to keep our best players fit and we could go on a good run.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2014, 08:31:53 PM »
Can he do no wrong in your eyes Carl. He convinces vince to sign a two year deal and a couple of weeks later brings in Gledhill and two weeks later he brings in a third keeper until end of november. If.nothing else it must at least bring into question his judgement. Just dont think congratulations arenin order this time around

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2014, 08:55:36 PM »
Can he do no wrong in your eyes Carl. He convinces vince to sign a two year deal and a couple of weeks later brings in Gledhill and two weeks later he brings in a third keeper until end of november. If.nothing else it must at least bring into question his judgement. Just dont think congratulations arenin order this time around
Got to agree with that BG but take issue with your previous post ,  two under par goalies do not make one good one , correct to sign Farman assumming hes better than our existing 2/3 , as Carl says move Gledhill out if poss. 
I stated on another tread a few weeks back goalkeeper cost us last season , let,s hope he,s got it right this time .
P.S do you check your pm,s ?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2014, 09:06:43 PM »

I prefer people to admit their mistakes, and attempt to rectify them - rather than being stubborn, and sticking with something that could go horribly wrong.

Get rid of Gledhill, let Vince play in these U21 games and Farman is number 1 until December. However, Farman cannot play in the FA Cup for us.

Cue Farman getting injured...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2014, 09:14:54 PM »
Have now....what a twit. Need better glasses?  ;D

Back to keepers am not questioning how good.or bad they may be. Everyone appears split on the issue but remember last year, many thought Vince should have replaced timms, yet now some of those same people would presumably have him down as our number three!
 "if" they are both contracted it could cost us. Interestingly a follow up question and let's hope it doesn't happen but what do we do if our new keeper has a stinker Saturday? 8)

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 09:39:59 PM »
Vince is on contract and I believe gledhill is only non contact. Surely gledhill will be released now?