Author Topic: what's a shambles  (Read 16888 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: what's a shambles
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2014, 07:42:57 PM »
Calling the manager names and having a go at your own fans is not the way forward. Constructive criticism is fine and should be what a message board is all about. I am sure that the chairman and the board would do what is necessary when it is necessary I would sooner they make the footballing decisions than us fans. Fans like to think they know what's wrong when the side is losing but given the chance to do the job would run a mile.
Quite correct Tash.
Tuesday night was a night best (but not easily) forgotten.
I walked on 6, I had about a 650 mile drive ahead of me. Lots of time to ponder....
Everyone had a bad night, management team and players. Let's hope they've all got out the way.
The thing is we are still only three points off the top!

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2014, 07:46:35 PM »
I walked on 6, I had about a 650 mile drive ahead of me. Lots of time to ponder....

Blimey, where do you live? John O'Groats is only about 580 miles from Boston. Are you our longest distance supporter?

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2014, 07:57:30 PM »
Tash youre being a bit naive there mate in fact really naive. Constructive criticism should replace name calling. Not in a million years and not in two million when you have just been beaten 7-2,at home and as they played with ten men for the last twenty minutes could have been even worse!

This is football its emotive, its passionate and after a 7-2 thumping at home not one person would have left the ground thinking it doesn't matter the directors will do what's required!

If some comments or barracking proved unpalatable to swallow think how much worse it would have been if Jason Lee was still in charge!
Jesus if GD was still boss you would have heard the gallows being built before you reached the chippy!

That said i think he would have been honest enough to take full responsibility for everything

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2014, 08:24:28 PM »

Blimey, where do you live? John O'Groats is only about 580 miles from Boston. Are you our longest distance supporter?
No :) I was just off to  Belgium and back. Work :)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2014, 08:36:43 PM »
Tash youre being a bit naive there mate in fact really naive. Constructive criticism should replace name calling. Not in a million years and not in two million when you have just been beaten 7-2,at home and as they played with ten men for the last twenty minutes could have been even worse!

This is football its emotive, its passionate and after a 7-2 thumping at home not one person would have left the ground thinking it doesn't matter the directors will do what's required!

If some comments or barracking proved unpalatable to swallow think how much worse it would have been if Jason Lee was still in charge!
Jesus if GD was still boss you would have heard the gallows being built before you reached the chippy!

That said i think he would have been honest enough to take full responsibility for everything

I am not talking about on the night obviously we all were p****d off, but after a nights sleep this is the place were criticisms should be a bit more constructive not knee jerk. Just my opinion .
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

black n yella

« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2014, 09:04:56 PM »
Personal egos aside here gents but find me a post on here that says supporters in the town end are any better than supporters standing elsewhere in the ground. Doubt you will so behave and collectively support the team and if you feel you can't maybe you should question why you come through them turnstiles. We're all Pilgrims at the end of the day.

Oh I forgot to say that game was bloody rubbish. Lesson No.1 Den - never disrespect the opposition no matter how poor you think they are. Not bad advice from a nobhead. X