Author Topic: First time we've conceded seven goals at home since....?  (Read 3171 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
First time we've conceded seven goals at home since....?
« on: September 09, 2014, 09:47:11 PM »
Anyone?! I started trawling Ken's site but I made it back to the 70s and gave up. May have missed one, mind. Ken?

chris b

• View Profile
Re: First time we've conceded seven goals at home since....?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 10:01:45 PM »
On a very quick scan the last one I can find is a 14-0 defeat to British Railways on 24th April 1965...

spannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 10:19:34 PM »
Think we lost by a bucket full against kiddiminster in a micky mouse cup a freezing cold night a few years back . :(

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 07:45:19 AM »
Think we lost by a bucket full against kiddiminster in a micky mouse cup a freezing cold night a few years back . :(

It was 4-0 at halftime and I left I think.  It was literally freezing and the barriers around the ground had ice on them.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 11:25:10 AM »
Boston United have only conceded 7 goals or more at home four times in their history.

Lost 7-3 to Scarborough in the Midland League on Wednesday 10th September 1949 in front of a crowd of 4183.

All the other big defeats came in the 1964/5 season when Mr Malkinson just put out a team of kids in the Boston and District League to keep the club name alive after he changed his mind about winding up the club after the supporters club ran off with the lotto funds to set up Boston FC. In that season the club had some spectacular home defeats notably:

Lost 10-3 to Splisby Town and 14-0 to British Railways in the Boston and District League and a 14-0 defeat to Spalding United in the FA Cup.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 01:04:02 PM »
I should know. It was 18 months before I played for the club in the reserves when Ken Oxford took on the reserve team. The first team I think went into the West Midlands League