Author Topic: BASTOCK OR EMERY TO RETURN  (Read 11132 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: BASTOCK OR EMERY TO RETURN
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2014, 11:10:41 PM »
Transfers between teams in same division used to carry transfer fees ( think this still applies) even for non contract players
If  Greene is in "talks" with Emery, hope he has put in the required notice to approach

Although it makes sense on paper, why didn't Greene approach him (Emery) in the summer?

I think you need to take the OP with a pinch of salt.

I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

swineshead pilgrim!

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2014, 02:17:06 PM »
I would just like to say, if you didn't go to the game don't start saying somebody had a bad game, gledhills kicking at times in the first half was a bit dodgy and picking up a back pass but apart from that he didn't put a foot wrong! In the second half he was class with coming and punching everything he could against a very big side! Takes the pressure of defenders when your keepers coming and punching the ball

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2014, 08:15:24 PM »
I would just like to say, if you didn't go to the game don't start saying somebody had a bad game, gledhills kicking at times in the first half was a bit dodgy and picking up a back pass but apart from that he didn't put a foot wrong! In the second half he was class with coming and punching everything he could against a very big side! Takes the pressure of defenders when your keepers coming and punching the ball

Den said on BBC Lincs post match he had instructed Gledhill at h/t to punch the ball clear in view of their big forwards .    He did,nt devulge but maybe a tip given to him by patter poster  :)

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 09:00:38 AM »
I actually find it quite extraordinary what DG is doing with his keeper selection at the moment. I wont comment on who should be number one as I think they are on a par with each other, but for christ's sake make a decision Den. Goalkeepers unlike any other position on the pitch excel with confidence and changing them as regularly as we are will ultimately harm them both in that department. You simply can not go onto the pitch thinking you could be just one mistimed catch away from the bench. As for Bazza, legend he may be, but am sorry I rather think the OP is more wishful thinking than logical

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2014, 01:10:16 PM »
Worked for Shilton and Clements ;)
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2014, 02:34:28 PM »
Worked for Shilton and Clements ;)

But not every week.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2014, 04:28:04 PM »
Yes, a backward step. Emery is only playing for Trinity at the moment, because Budtz went out of the country and missed a game - they won and he played well, so deservedly kept his place.

We need 2 keepers, you cannot get by on just one. What if the keeper gets injured in the warm up? Or wakes up one Saturday, ill?

"Both Emery and Hewitt are worthy of regular play on a Saturday" - maybe so, but not for Boston United (in my opinion).
..and of course, P86, your opinion is next to godliness!  I grovel in mortification 8)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 04:30:07 PM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2014, 07:23:20 PM »
According to the clinicians in the Eagle,  DNaisbitt is Scouse in disguise  :-\

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2014, 07:38:45 PM »
No its not Scouse! He's up in Scotland campaigning for the YES vote.

DNaisbitt

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2014, 09:59:15 PM »
Good source informs me that Bastock and Greene have had lengthy talks but Bastock feels the time isn't right, however Emery is hoping that a move could guarantee him first team football and less travelling is something that really appeals. Steve Housham has admitted that he is open to offers but Boston would have to pay a fee. Vince is expected to play this Saturday but anything less than a confident performance expect talks between Gainsborough and Boston to continue next week and if a deal cannot be agreed expect Greene to be in contact with Sunderland for a loan deal as a short term fix.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2014, 10:30:47 PM »
Not just on Tuesdays performance (series of unconvincing performance) I would release Gledhill regardless of if we can get an able replacement in yet or not and give Vince a run who hasn't made a serious error yet, is slightly more vocal of the two, kicks well and has good reflexes.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2014, 10:57:04 PM »
If we're serious about changing goalkeepers we need Budz? not Emery.
Gledhill
made those comments about being the number 1, which put unnecessary pressure on Dg to change a winning team. He also put pressure on himself by forcing his way into the team and maybe that has backfired on him.
We now either need an experienced goalkeeper with Vince as backup, or if the budget /availability prevents this then stick with Vince.
I never imagined Bazza coming back, but then again I never thought I would see Gazza at York St  :dan
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 10:58:40 PM by Ed Kandi »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2014, 11:56:07 AM »
Not just on Tuesdays performance (series of unconvincing performance) I would release Gledhill regardless of if we can get an able replacement in yet or not and give Vince a run who hasn't made a serious error yet, is slightly more vocal of the two, kicks well and has good reflexes.

Niether Gledhill or Vince good enough for a team with asperations of a play-off place in Con N.
Nor based on Saturdays game at Colwyn is Emery .   

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2014, 04:21:33 PM »
Last year we signed on loan, but never saw him, a goalkeeper from Sunderland.
Time to resurrect that one perhaps?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2014, 05:25:32 PM »
Paul Farman, from Lincoln, on loan.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/