Author Topic: In and Outs  (Read 12956 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
In and Outs
« on: August 29, 2014, 07:50:04 PM »
Liam Marrs is back!

However, Duran Reynolds has cancelled his contract, and Chris Dickinson has left the club (he lives in Middlesbrough).
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: In and Outs
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 07:53:51 PM »
Great to have marrs back a quality player. not too fussed about reynolds or dickinson hopefully that will allow us to add another striker now..

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 07:56:21 PM »
Marrs was fantastic last time so hopefully he can replicate that form.  Middlesbrough is too far for any one to travel to Boston especially if not assured a starting place. Never really understood why we signed Reynolds when we already had three top notch CB's plus Mills or Marshall could play there.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 08:26:30 PM »
So whats the bench looking like chaps ?
 Always a good pointer to depth of the squad ..

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 08:33:51 PM »
Squad wise we have decent strength in depth in terms of 'keepers, defenders and midfielders in my opinion just short of one more forward until Newsham is fit again.

Timmy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 10:43:32 PM »
How long till Reynolds goes to Spalding?

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 07:20:14 AM »

Couple of points here ...

(1) Didn't we have to pay something to Barrow for Reynolds? I'm sure I read something that there'd be a small fee involved because of his age and because he was offered terms again up there. If we have forked out and then lost him after a couple of games it doesn't really make much sense.

(2) OK, Dickinson wants to find a club nearer to home. I understand that and if I lived in Middlesbrough I wouldn't want to be driving solo down to Lincolnshire two or three times a week. But tell me again where Marrs lives? If we've now got two players coming from the same sort of area wouldn't Dickinson have been better off staying for a few more weeks, sharing the travelling and seeing how things went along?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 07:47:25 AM »
There should have been a fee but barrow let him go without the fee. As for Dickinson,marrs I couldn't say but seem to think marrs was somewhere between and not up there but could be wronge

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 09:23:22 AM »
Dickinson will not be missed .   Don,t care where Marr lives as long as he turns out good performances like he did last season .

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 10:57:39 AM »
All we need now is Agnew back!!!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 11:27:25 AM »
Great signing could we see Zak giving it a go in midfield?

The President

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 12:00:27 PM »
Think Liam will be staying locally this time.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 06:38:33 AM »
Strikes me the wrong defender was released a couple of weeks ago. Watson in my belief should have been kept and the one that has gone should have gone then!
I was never impressed with him, although the lad Watson looked a really good prospect.

Check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry.  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 08:59:51 AM »
A shame that Duran has gone so quickly and, for whatever the reasons for his rapid depature, it may have cost BUFC a bit of local interest Skeggy way? A great local talent and I hope he finds a new club at a good level of football shortly.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2014, 11:02:02 AM »
Pidge, Garner and Galinkski are our established defenders, all of which are superb players at this level. Garner and Pidge are two of the best in the league and Galinski is a very good squad player. Meaning in a position where consistency is more important than rotation we don't need others in this position. Reynolds had a poor game against Gainsborough and Barrow although was played a bit out position was very poor on the ball at times. Will be a good centre half for someone and just wants to play regular football.