Author Topic: football in the pilgrim lounge  (Read 3229 times)

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
football in the pilgrim lounge
« on: August 27, 2014, 10:20:05 PM »
I'm coming up for the game on Saturday from London and considering coming early to watch the forest v Wednesday game..but I just realised that man utd are being beaten by Burnley at the same time. Does the pilgrim lounge have sky or BT, and if both, how do they decide which match to show?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: football in the pilgrim lounge
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 10:25:18 PM »
They have both, and will generally show the Premier League game
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 10:36:38 PM »
Thanks P86 - forest being local and perhaps more popular wouldn't sway them?

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 07:46:26 AM »
Thanks P86 - forest being local and perhaps more popular wouldn't sway them?

I thought Man Utd were our local team and aren't Forest not famous anymore?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 10:21:42 AM »
I'm coming up for the game on Saturday from London and considering coming early to watch the forest v Wednesday game..but I just realised that man utd are being beaten by Burnley at the same time. Does the pilgrim lounge have sky or BT, and if both, how do they decide which match to show?

I'm heading to Boston this weekend too and have exactly the same issue - I assumed I'd be able to watch Forest in the lounge but suddenly realised the Burnley-Man Utd game is on, and I'm not really arsed about that (although I appreciate others might be). Bugger. I've mailed the club to see which game they'll be showing - I assume it's the Burnley game... some places can show two games but obviously that depends on their set-up as you need two boxes...

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 12:13:41 PM »
I'm sure I been in the club and seen football on the big screen and horse racing on the small screens?  Might have been satellite/terrestrial though?

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 01:34:56 PM »

I'm heading to Boston this weekend too and have exactly the same issue - I assumed I'd be able to watch Forest in the lounge but suddenly realised the Burnley-Man Utd game is on, and I'm not really arsed about that (although I appreciate others might be). Bugger. I've mailed the club to see which game they'll be showing - I assume it's the Burnley game... some places can show two games but obviously that depends on their set-up as you need two boxes...

I called the lounge last night before I knew about the Burnley game and they said if forest was the only game then it would be on - let me know what you hear back! Otherwise, someone has just pm'd me to say that the napoleon will put it on as they don't have BT.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 02:48:05 PM »
Craig's mailed to say he's 99% certain it'll be the Man United game, sadly. So Plan B it is. Anyone know any decent town centre pubs that show football? Napoleon might be a little too far out of the way....

The other option is to watch it on SkyGo on my phone I guess! What's the signal like in the Pilgrim Lounge?  ;)