Author Topic: Two points lost?  (Read 12259 times)

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Two points lost?
« on: August 25, 2014, 04:52:47 PM »
Given that Tamworth scored late on after an error by Gledhill, is it a case of two points lost or is a draw more than you expected to get from one of the CN's money men?

Before the game I would have taken a point, but after following the game on Twitter I can't help but feel that the lads have been mugged.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 04:56:02 PM by Deeping Pilgrim »

Boo

• View Profile
Re: Two points lost?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 05:06:46 PM »
Conflicting reports on the velocity of the shot leading to the Tamworth goal.

@MarkWhiley_LE 18m
Gledhill couldn't hold a powerful shot and sub Kayden Jackson pocketed the rebound. 1-1

@bostonunited 19m
Gledhill spilled Thornton's tame shot and Jackson lashed home the loose ball.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 05:14:36 PM »
Although I am  not an 'its early days '  happy clapper .. prob fair play .
  Gloucs late equaliser at Oxford boosted Boston 2 or 3 places .
   Still need a midfield presence ..and a loan striker me thinks .Wish I had the means ..

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 05:33:44 PM »

Although I am  not an 'its early days '  happy clapper .. prob fair play .
  Gloucs late equaliser at Oxford boosted Boston 2 or 3 places .
   Still need a midfield presence ..and a loan striker me thinks .Wish I had the means ..

We have Newsham and Dowie to cover those positions who should both be back very soon. Their wages still have to be payed and we had to bring in younger cheaper players to cover for them for the first few games who have done very well. Wouldn't be surprised to see at least one of Newsham and Dowie involved as soon as Saturday.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 05:52:13 PM »
Decent point would of took it before kick off but gutting to conceed a late goal from gledhills mistake.. We played well second half and always looked a threat going forward.. I would play vince in goal though as for me gledhill has looked very shaky in last 2 games.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 06:12:03 PM »
Well done the mighty Trinity!
Actually did us a favour by tanking Guisely!
Results went fairly well for us apart from The Pub Side with Money winning again

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 06:31:47 PM »
Disappointing to lose late on especially the nature of the goal but would have taken  a  point before the game I suppose.
On Newsh and dowie tho, whilst I can see the latter back very shortly the same can't be said unfortunately for Newsh who must surely be weeks away. Still hasn't trained properly yet and judging by the huge ice pack he had om Saturday after just a very light pre match warm up won't be doing so for a while yet. Getting in a loanee striker shouldnt prove to be a financial problem either as regardless of how much everyone loves the lad and wants him back I woud be amazed if any contract kicks in until he is free of his knee problem which don't forget has sidelined him since January!

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 06:51:41 PM »
If it was a tame shot which beat Gledhill , was it a tame penalty that was taken by our striker  which was saved by the Tamworth goalkeeper ?, you could then blame the midfielders or defenders not closing down the striker of the shot which Gledhill could not hold, where do you stop !, get over it,  a point away from home is ok with a team that as only played five competitive games together, I'm really pleased to see this team have ten points from five tough matches , three away from home, well done lads.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 06:52:09 PM »
A draw about a fair result, although disappointing to lose a goal late on. Reiterate what I said after Saturday and think we should have VINCE in goal. I think the rest of our defence looks pretty good. Not convinced by Hollingsworth and Meadows in the middle. Up front I think SOUTHWELL and DICKINSON look predictable - although I think the former will be ok for us.

DL

Boo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 07:05:28 PM »
If it was a tame shot which beat Gledhill , was it a tame penalty that was taken by our striker  which was saved by the Tamworth goalkeeper ?, you could then blame the midfielders or defenders not closing down the striker of the shot which Gledhill could not hold, where do you stop !, get over it,  a point away from home is ok with a team that as only played five competitive games together, I'm really pleased to see this team have ten points from five tough matches , three away from home, well done lads.

Who is blaming anyone here ceamboy?

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 07:09:27 PM »
According to the twitter reports didn't Southwell and Garner both miss chances from 6 yards, these are the kind of opportunities we need to be putting away.  I'm well pleased with a point.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2014, 07:26:32 PM »
It was a decent point given that we were under the cosh for more of the game. That said, we were bright 2nd half and took the lead, only for Gledhill's error to be punished near the end. We missed a pen and Garner missed a great chance towards the end, so it was a bit frustrating.
We've had 5 tight games with very little in them... which makes cutting out errors and taking chances more important

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2014, 07:39:15 PM »

Even though ceamboy is not a happy clapper like myself I do like his comments . he is just explaining different slants on how blame can be apportion for goals conceded.   It,s a team game and at some time over the season most players will make a costly error .   
I know H/Cs are not everybodies cup of tea but the way I see it is exactly as ceamboy explains above , the reality is todays 4 m/f players and 2 forwards had a average age of below 20 ,  add to this that previous to this season they had only played an aggrigate of about 6 North Con games .  Now come on we,ve got to be happy , 10 points 5 games is play-off form .    No doubt DG will fine tune the team over the season .   Great to see a team containing no mercenaries ,  how many non-league team followers can say that ?

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2014, 07:47:52 PM »
As long as they were good enough and we had the money which we don't I would love just a couple of mercenaries! ;D

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2014, 07:50:40 PM »
As long as they were good enough and we had the money which we don't I would love just a couple of mercenaries! ;D

Can,t recall many that we have had over the years returning value for money !!!!!