Author Topic: Two points lost?  (Read 12261 times)

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Two points lost?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2014, 08:16:24 PM »
I disagree about meadows and hollingsworth. thought both put real shifts in today and put them self about. when dowie is back fit I think we will look strong in that area.. I think we are lacking a striker that is area that needs strengthening. Vince should be number 1 for me.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2014, 08:20:11 PM »
Definitely 2 points dropped for me, we had the three best chances, the penalty, Garner should have scored and the goal.

We look pretty solid as a team, just not particularly creative or incisive up top. As for Gledhill, well it was struck pretty firmly and had enough movement in the air to force the error. His kicking wasn't great today though, I would give Vince a go next game.

Great travelling support too, shame about the ridiculous Category A nonsense though, I bet Tamworth were loving the fact they got us in a bank holiday not a Tuesday in February.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2014, 08:47:41 PM »
Thought we were average in the first half, basically trying to play on the break but our quick, lofted balls forward weren't working. Tried the passing gam second half, and we should have won it - just a silly mistake by Gledhill. Not sure he's better than Vince.

I think if we're gonna play 3 up front, we should go for Felix, Fallah and Southwell - seems more dangerous. Dowie, Meadows and Hollingsworth would be a very solid midfield, with Marshall as able backup. Not sure Doran fits into our system, although he had a decent game today.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2014, 09:07:53 PM »
Conflicting reports on the velocity of the shot leading to the Tamworth goal.

@MarkWhiley_LE 18m
Gledhill couldn't hold a powerful shot and sub Kayden Jackson pocketed the rebound. 1-1

@bostonunited 19m
Gledhill spilled Thornton's tame shot and Jackson lashed home the loose ball.

It was a mistake, that's not in doubt, but it fizzed at him in the wet conditions.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2014, 09:48:22 PM »
Had food and drink in Wetherspoons, parked on the road outside ground, and spent nowt in the ground. Entering the ground at about 2.45pm handed over £7 ( Wrinkly Rate) only to be told he wanted another £2 Didn't argue about being ripped off just handed over £2 in very low denomination copper and silver and asked that if there was too much could they put it into the Tamworth destitute players fund.
Gledhill should know that every shot cannot be caught and it is necessary sometimes to just beat it away, bad error son. The penalty was very poor. Garners miss in fairness was a great block by two Tamworth defenders just 5 yards out and should have resulted in a corner.
I am also one of those who would have taken a point before game but came home disappointed we didn't have all three however, I also have a very warm feeling about how the squad is gelling and with continued improvement and the odd addition I think we have a great chance this season. UP THE PILGRIMS. 

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2014, 07:47:25 AM »
Is it not more than a bit unfair to berate the keeper for spilling a shot from distance than it is not to do similarly to a penalty taker for messing up from a few yards?

We ain't the best at pens are we and had it gone in Gledhills error would hardly have been mentioned!

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2014, 10:10:06 AM »
you cannot miss penalties in any league.
It cost us big time last year, and already this year as well.

clear we need more strike power

come on Mr Genius DG sort it.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2014, 11:26:36 AM »
oh dear

hozzer

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2014, 11:40:39 AM »
come on guys, 10 points from 5 games and 2 points per game, if we kept that up it might be automatic promotion. I forecasted like a lot of others a 7th to 9th finish and when you look at the league table and we have played the top 2 Im really happy where we are. weve lost our 2 goalscorer from last season so its a good start, Id have snapped your hand off if you offered it especaiily with 3 of the 5 games away from home. Big game next saturday, 3 points from that and were looking good.

Saying all that I still think we will fall short of the playoffs, both Barrow and the National Farmers Union are the type of teams that will do well, very similar to Telford last year, big, strong and made for those February muddy pitches.
against league 3, an idiots guide to making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2014, 11:55:09 AM »

Name a team in any league who do not miss penalties !!

You told DG AFTER the NFU match what tactics he should have applied ,  more constructive to twitter Dens magic before a match to imform him what tactics to apply .

Regards firepower,  5 days ago Paul Hurst was being casterated along with his strikers for having a goal return of 3 goals in 3 games , in the 3 following days they produced 13 goals in   two games .  Keep your nerve dt and be patient and trust in Den . 

Tony A

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2014, 02:09:34 PM »
Gledhill is way the best keeper. One error in terrible wet conditions is acceptable. We should be looking at the many chances missed at the other end. Meadows has certainly proved a very good signing. His work rate is second to none.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2014, 02:47:10 PM »
No one can say who is the best keeper as its such a subjective issue, and yes, keepers, all keepers make mistakes. Unfortunately, and they take the fact on the chin when they do especially when it ultimately costs points they always get untold grief, and yet little is made of cock ups in front of goal at the other end. Scotty, Southwell and a missed penalty to mention just some from yesterday...who would be a keeper eh?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2014, 04:00:12 PM »
No one can say who is the best keeper as its such a subjective issue, and yes, keepers, all keepers make mistakes. Unfortunately, and they take the fact on the chin when they do especially when it ultimately costs points they always get untold grief, and yet little is made of cock ups in front of goal at the other end. Scotty, Southwell and a missed penalty to mention just some from yesterday...who would be a keeper eh?

Agree BG ,  being a keeper is only slightly better than being the manager who has to pick him  :)

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2014, 04:56:26 PM »
I disagree about meadows and hollingsworth. thought both put real shifts in today and put them self about. when dowie is back fit I think we will look strong in that area.. I think we are lacking a striker that is area that needs strengthening. Vince should be number 1 for me.

Tell me again who should be no1. Sorry i missed it. Come on mate give the lad a break you dont need to put him down every time We've seen Vince drop catches aswell against barrow he dropped two

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2014, 08:53:26 PM »

Name a team in any league who do not miss penalties !!

You told DG AFTER the NFU match what tactics he should have applied ,  more constructive to twitter Dens magic before a match to imform him what tactics to apply .

Regards firepower,  5 days ago Paul Hurst was being casterated along with his strikers for having a goal return of 3 goals in 3 games , in the 3 following days they produced 13 goals in   two games .  Keep your nerve dt and be patient and trust in Den .

Totally agree GHM.
Apart from I think Paul Hurst was being castigated rather than casterated lol
Might be wrong tho'