Author Topic: Sanders to Histon  (Read 3639 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Sanders to Histon
« on: August 19, 2014, 11:50:23 AM »
Hopefully he will come back and make his mark. For all his critics, I still believe he can be effective for us - just needs nurturing.

DL

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Sanders to Histon
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 12:26:56 PM »
Yep agreed. Only one league below so still a very decent level. Can see similar deals for Barlow and Hewitt if we can get McGhee, Newsham, Dowie and Gledhill available before we pick up any more injuries/suspensions.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 03:13:12 PM »
With Sanders I just think they need to work out how to get the best out of him. At the moment I think he comes on and tries too hard. One minute running at defenders, the next shooting from 25 yards - the next getting stuck in and giving away silly free kicks etc. He then looks frustrated when it doesn't come off and the fans then also get on his back.

Personally, I would try and mould him into a target man. He has fairly decent height and obviously has good strength - even more so since he has taken note from Arnold's 'Pumping Iron' film during the summer. All I would ask him to do is hold the ball up and lay it off - none of this trying to turn his man and do a Ricky Miller. Get his body in the way of the ball, shield it and find a Boston shirt. Then get in the box and look for the cross coming in. Keep it simple.

DL

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 04:40:07 PM »
Unfortunately for all his muscle growth I fear the lad has neither the, strength, ability or nous to hold the ball as target man should, nor the pace to drive past defenders and as you say nor the trickery to ape the likes of Miller. I do agree he does look at times as though he simply tries too hard which would stop him relaxing and showing what perhaps he has got in his locker. Prove us all wrong lad, go to Histon and smash it (not with your elbow mind) and come back and score a few. Time is running out to prove he can play at this level.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 11:41:38 PM »
Charlie will cut it in football, we all have to remember just what age he is still.  He looks stronger now, and simply needs a good run on games to get his match fitness up and to increase his skill levels and understanding of the role given. I agree with some of the comments made, he could indeed make a good target man in the future.  With his age, of course he is trying too hard. Who wouldn't in his position at that age !! Its every teenagers dream to play at least semi pro football and the higher the better if they want to progress.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 06:34:30 AM »
Just read the match report for Histon v Dunstable, with Sanders making his debut. Histon lost 2-1. Sanders had a header cleared off the line at 0-0, but otherwise isn't mentioned. It looks like he played the full 90 minutes.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 09:31:17 AM »
He was subbed on 85 mins and Histon's twitter account mentioned that he had a good debut.

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 07:37:40 PM »
Can't see he will make it at our level. Poor first touch, couldn't control a bag of cement, balance wise looks Bambi on ice.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 09:33:53 PM »
Can't see he will make it at our level. Poor first touch, couldn't control a bag of cement, balance wise looks Bambi on ice.

Jason Lee weren't that great when he started out as a target man.  All arms, legs & mis-control.  Didn't do too bad after that.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 11:03:20 PM »
Will there be a fee involved if Histon want to sign Sanders? Just hope we dont get ripped off and pay them too much.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 11:15:55 PM »
Wouldn't come close to the fee that all we would pay to shut the perennial moaners/ slators up, lol  :bunny