Author Topic: Spencer Weir Daley!!  (Read 24325 times)

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Spencer Weir Daley!!
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2009, 06:12:44 PM »
I've heard of him, highly unexpected.

Begs the question, who was the last double barrelled surnamed player to play for us?

Does Dany N-Guessan count?

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2009, 07:40:34 PM »
Last person with a double barrelled surname to play for us is...
Kevin Aherne-Evans on loan in 2002

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2009, 07:57:06 PM »
David De Oliveira not count?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2009, 08:13:15 PM »
Sparks is about right in Newshams workrate being a third of his fellow strikers .
 Can remember Andy Kirk having a workrate of 10% of his fellow strikers .
 Staurt Douglas had a work rate of 300% more than  his fellow strikers.
 Goes to show that maybe the best way to judge a striker is by the number of goals he scores.

Fair point but with reservations. I am all in favour of players being given acolade for
 their performances but overall contribution should be part of the equation.Certain
 players have been subject of criticism over the opening part of the campaign for their
 lack of workrate and ambition at the club which is  pretty damming giving consideration
 to lack lustre performances from Marc Newsham.Yes,i am not a Newsham fan but will
 accept his strike rate has enabled us to win games and to where we find ourselves at
 present in the Premier Division.
 What i would want to see from him is a bit more passion and expression in his overall
 game before he wins me over. Having said that , i'll settle for a hat trick from him at
 Nantwich tomorrow..................!!!
Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2009, 10:32:49 AM »
The reason why Newsham appears to be less energetic than his fellow strikers  over the 90 mins is simple. He usually scores his goals by making short but explosive runs to enable his tap ins, if he was running for the best part of the game imo his goal tally would be halved. I would also hazard a guess that the management team want him to play that way.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2009, 12:09:58 PM »
The reason why Newsham appears to be less energetic than his fellow strikers  over the 90 mins is simple. He usually scores his goals by making short but explosive runs to enable his tap ins, if he was running for the best part of the game imo his goal tally would be halved. I would also hazard a guess that the management team want him to play that way.

In that case Tash maybe we should be questioning his fitness levels, the Management
 comment on passion and  desire which contributes to success on the pitch but i along
 with several fans i speak with share my opinion that Marc is very much a luxury in what
 deems to be a very hard working squad.I have already made comment in previous
 posts i do not knock his goal ratio,but as someone else comments his goal to miss
 ratio is getting a little bit worrying when even well placed in front of goal,other strikers
 have been openly criticised for similar offences and have been penalised. More workrate
 please Mr Newsham would bring you greater rewards i'm sure
Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2009, 12:20:19 PM »
I'm sorry, but I agree with Tash.

those strikers that get "tap ins" do tend to do little else. Newsahm has got what, 1 in every 2 games or thereabouts? That is the return of a quality striker.

I love to see a striker work his nuts off for 90 mins, but I'll take a sniffer who taps in every second game, over a worker that scores every 3 games everytime.

Carol Voce

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2009, 01:11:42 PM »
6 clubs at 24 years old tells me he's not one to hang around anywhere long..... :-\

That's misleading, Mr Negativity. He's had two clubs (Forest and Notts), three loan deals, plus whatever the arrangement was at Ilkeston (non contract, I suspect). Yes, technically six clubs, but loan deals these days tend to be temporary and are used to keep players match fit.

It's pretty obvious that he showed a lot of potential early on and now, at the age of 24, needs to prove himself if he wants to continue in football at a decent level. I think the best we can  hope for is that he bangs in 20 goals for us between now and the end of the season, we get promoted, and he lands himself a full-time contract with a Div 2/Conf team.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2009, 02:25:08 PM »
Stand to be corrected but i think Ricky Miller has had at least 6 clubs at the age of 21.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2009, 02:45:32 PM »
Looks like a good signing  8)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2009, 03:31:14 PM »

In that case Tash maybe we should be questioning his fitness levels, the Management
 comment on passion and  desire which contributes to success on the pitch but i along
 with several fans i speak with share my opinion that Marc is very much a luxury in what
 deems to be a very hard working squad.I have already made comment in previous
 posts i do not knock his goal ratio,but as someone else comments his goal to miss
 ratio is getting a little bit worrying when even well placed in front of goal,other strikers
 have been openly criticised for similar offences and have been penalised. More workrate
 please Mr Newsham would bring you greater rewards i'm sure

We'll have to agree to disagree. But I would have Newsham in my side with his record sooner than a worker like Douglas. Mind you Jimmy Greaves was also a luxury at West Ham & Spurs
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2009, 05:11:22 PM »
Newsham  scores again ! He is class.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2009, 05:15:22 PM »
Newsham  scores again ! He is class.
Surely you mean "tap-in Newsham" ;D ;D

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2009, 05:15:34 PM »
 Big issue with Danny today though , Sounds as if his gaols were tap-ins.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2009, 05:18:43 PM »
That Newsham chap just does not work hard enough does he  ::) :D