Author Topic: O/T Our beloved MP resigns  (Read 16287 times)

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
Re: O/T Our beloved MP resigns
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 05:13:50 PM »
Can't see Boris standing here, for exactly the same reason as Farage. We're not exactly glamorous are we?

Still, interesting to see what happens.  UKIP have a lot of work to do to overturn a large Tory majority..

Billy Shears

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2014, 08:15:17 PM »
Mark who?
There will be much anguish and families crying all over Africa tonight on the news that the Minister for Africa has quit.
Is there a fund where we can show our appreciation for all he has done for Boston over the years? Perhaps we can name the town bypass in his honour, when it is built?

Tony A

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2014, 01:31:46 PM »
Mark Simmonds is a first class MP. He has done a lot of work for our area as has Lord Tapsell in the Horncastle area. A great deal of the work isn't seen by the general public, but believe me these two MP's have worked hard for Lincolnshire. God help us if Ukip get in.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2014, 01:34:39 PM »
Do tell us what he's done...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2014, 01:38:56 PM »
Lord Tapsell? In the House of Commons?

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2014, 02:16:54 PM »
Sir Peter, I knew his gardener well, so did the cogster  ;D
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2014, 02:46:32 PM »
Mark Simmonds is a first class MP. He has done a lot of work for our area as has Lord Tapsell in the Horncastle area. A great deal of the work isn't seen by the general public, but believe me these two MP's have worked hard for Lincolnshire. God help us if Ukip get in.

IF YOU HAVE  been watching and listening the last 24hrs you will realise what a arrogant devious chap he is .  Dispised by many local tories who will be delighted to to the back of him .
Now the £120k he speaks of is made up of ..... £120k MPs pay but he forgot to remember the following ,
£60k  + £10k from directorships + £20-25k taxpayers money to his wife  as office manager .  £205k is a little more than £120. oh and don,t forget the expences claimed .
Simmonds like other MPS sprouts  rubbish which some constituents believe .  I just look at the mail I recieve from him and realise what a disgrace he is .
As P86 says show us what he,s done .
A very sad day for UKIP in Mark they have lost their best recruiting agent .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2014, 03:00:54 PM »
On 09/05/2014 I emailed David Wooding  Political editor of the Sunday Sun .
I predicted that Simmonds  would not be Bostons MP after May 2015.
He disagreed .

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2014, 07:27:36 PM »

IF YOU HAVE  been watching and listening the last 24hrs you will realise what a arrogant devious chap he is .  Dispised by many local tories who will be delighted to to the back of him .
Now the £120k he speaks of is made up of ..... £120k MPs pay but he forgot to remember the following ,
£60k  + £10k from directorships + £20-25k taxpayers money to his wife  as office manager .  £205k is a little more than £120. oh and don,t forget the expences claimed .
Simmonds like other MPS sprouts  rubbish which some constituents believe .  I just look at the mail I recieve from him and realise what a disgrace he is .
As P86 says show us what he,s done .
A very sad day for UKIP in Mark they have lost their best recruiting agent .

As David Cameron rightly pointed out last year, many local Tories are swivel eyed loons. I don't really see what Simmonds has ever done particularly good or bad. He's just been a passable constituency MP, nothing to write home about but there are plenty who are much worse/scandal prone. It's just become a bit fashionable round here because he's been here for 13 years and not said anything particularly xenophobic yet.

I doubt UKIP will get anywhere next May, firstly because all the normal people come out and vote for proper parties when the important elections come round, and secondly because the Tories will flood any potential UKIP-voting seats with campaign resources.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2014, 11:43:14 PM »
Been thinking about the bloke for the last half an hour!
TURD!
Tash did Coggie undercover the gardener in a layby?

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2014, 05:57:50 AM »
 I read this on News Thump.  ;)

Mark Simmonds MP
The UN has diverted aid convoys bound for Northern Iraq in a bid to save ‘destitute’ Foreign Office Minister Mark Simmonds.

Simmonds has been forced to eke out a meagre existence on a ‘paltry’ 90K per annum plus expenses, which is barely enough to keep his family in pheasant.

And the 43 year-old Tory insists that unless the world heeds his cry for help, he and other MPs face the horror of living outside London and catching a train in with ordinary peasant scum.

Simmonds blames ‘intolerable’ expenses rules for forcing him to choose between his family and a two-week holiday in Tuscany every three months.

The minister has received backing from Iraqi Kurds who insist they are getting more than enough aid and have clubbed together to allow Simmonds to live in the style he is accustomed to.

Kurd Ali Ashrami said, “We’re all in this together.”

Simmonds resigns

Simmonds, meanwhile, is showing the classic signs of malnutrition such as the trademark distended belly which was popularised in Ethiopia circa 1985.

Last night UN helicopters were seen circling Westminster, dropping essential supplies of Evian, foie gras and Fortnum & Masons hampers.

UN spokesman Simon Williams said, “A Fortnum and Masons hamper can keep a family of Tories alive for anything up to twelve hours. Please just donate what you can.”

However, last night a furious Simmonds reacted angrily to the air-drop, describing the supplies as piecemeal and knee-jerk.

“Some of this pate has started to go off,” he told us.

Check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2014, 09:34:39 AM »
Been thinking about the bloke for the last half an hour!
TURD!
Tash did Coggie undercover the gardener in a layby?

He had him in his van(metaphorically speaking) asking about his love life ;D.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2014, 01:39:18 PM »
It has now been reported in the National papers and on Look North that he made £500000 on the sale of a taxpayers funded house in London before he bought his mansion in Swineshead

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2014, 02:41:52 PM »
It has now been reported in the National papers and on Look North that he made £500000 on the sale of a taxpayers funded house in London before he bought his mansion in Swineshead

Look North reported  "Mr Simmonds could not contacted "  No surprise there for the LN news producer , from mail I have recieved from look LN this is the usual response they get from Simmonds .
Shifty and devious are words that come to mind when discussing this character .

soccermad67

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2014, 02:54:26 PM »
Money Grabbin MPs Nothing new when it comes to MPs  How Greedy can you get