Author Topic: Wheelbarrow  (Read 6015 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Wheelbarrow
« on: August 09, 2014, 05:25:02 PM »
They only have one wheel and it came off.
Good win today against a side that will more than will lose.
A great team effort and well done Barrow for bringing 2 coaches :)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Wheelbarrow
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 06:29:43 PM »
2nd in the league!!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 07:19:02 PM »
Good attendance all round today.
Good performance from all the lads today.
Vince made some superb saves. Mills was solid and a threat going forward, his long throws will be an asset with the bigger players we have this season. Steer was the outlet with his pace going forward and solid at the back. Marshall did a great job breaking up the Barrow attacks. Garner defended well and "took one for the team" with the yellow. Pidge put his head on everything and saved us on several occasions. Reynolds was a bit too slow on the ball at times and gave away the ball needlessly too often, rightly subbed at half time. Hollingsworth worried me at times pre-season but put in his best performance for us by far when it mattered today. Great awareness from Southwell with a great ball for the winner. Dickinson took his goal well and ran his socks off. McGhee was up for it today (judging by his facebook post) and  put in a great team performance was a threat going forward, covered the full backs, and got involved in the middle. Meadows took time to get into the game coming on at half time but tried to push up when others were sitting too deep. Galkinsiki did the job he was asked to head, kick, head, kick.

Barrows Dallas Millions were out done by Dens Magic.

Roll on Brackley.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 07:21:53 PM by Carl Newell »

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 09:43:26 PM »
Went to see the new boys AFC Fylde thrash Brackley 4-0. They look a well balanced side, very  organised in defence and quick to break down the wings. They have made some useful signings. I was very impressed with Mick Potts who scored their first goal and was deservedly mom. Ignore this team at your peril. They never know when to give up and will chase lost causes forever. Time will tell of course but on this showing they need fear no-one in this league.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 09:52:40 PM »
Anyone to watch for Brackley on Tues?

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 10:45:40 AM »
Reynolds was a bit too slow on the ball at times and gave away the ball needlessly too often, rightly subbed at half time. Hollingsworth worried me at times pre-season but put in his best performance for us by far when it mattered today. Great awareness from Southwell with a great ball for the winner. Dickinson took his goal well and ran his socks off. McGhee was up for it today (judging by his facebook post) and  put in a great team performance was a threat going forward, covered the full backs, and got involved in the middle.
First time I've seen a lot of these players.  Was impressed by Reynolds - started at full back then into midfield and seemed to be 3rd centre back for a bit as well.  Sometimes looked like a defender playing in midfield but looked a bit of a threat going forward and overall I liked the look of him.   Hollingsworth looked like he was still getting used to the pace and physicality of the game at this level but did some good work.  McGhee still runs into too many blind alleys and loses the ball, but couldn't fault his effort.  Too often in the second half particularly, Barrow had a man over on their right wing, exposing Steer - someone wasn't covering where they should and it may have been McGhee? 
Overall it was a very promising performance from a very young squad.  The potential for this team to get even better is huge, as they will learn by playing (and from the manager/coaches) - as we've just beaten the favourites, that's a very encouraging thought!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 11:25:54 AM »
Not sure it was McGhee's fault, we seemed to switch to a 4-1-2-1-2  formation, being very narrow in midfield, with him being furthest forward. All of our width was from our full backs.

Highlights are up - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8jBuq8GnUw
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 05:27:07 PM »
Fair comment.  McGhee was usually closest to the left side of our midfield but more central, and there's no doubt he did work hard.  Whether it's formation or players, we can't give teams that much space down the flanks.  I know we've got a good centre half pair but we've got to stop the crosses.  Lots of positives but plenty to work on as well, as you'd expect after one game.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 06:28:57 PM »
Post match DG said he was happy with where we were forcing them to cross from as he thought it didn't cause us a threat.  I think we pushed them into wide areas as the didn't appear to have the guile to get through us and our back 2/3 were a match for Cook in the air
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 06:45:45 PM »
Plus lets not forget we have players like Felix, Newsham and Dowie to come back who will help balance the team out a bit and offering plenty of creativity going forward.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 07:36:03 PM »
Our new forward is an inch taller than Cook.
   Train hard Dixie . .

Odin

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 08:29:41 PM »
Greeny said the last 20 minutes went according to plan. If that's the way he's going to play the game there will be a lot of players and supporters falling by the wayside suffering from post traumatic stress disorder. I have never seen the oppositions goal keeper get the freedom of their half of the pitch as much as theirs did in those last 20 minutes.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2014, 09:03:21 PM »
Whilst it was a great result and effort and superb three points, ive never seen a  team dominate against us at home for years. If you were neutral you would think they were at home.

I just hope at home against lesser teams we will have more threat as we just didnt create apart from the second goal, last twenty seeing us just hoof into corners whilst understandable was not what id expect.

But great atmosphere, points and attitude from the players.Great start.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2014, 09:06:13 PM »
Greeny said the last 20 minutes went according to plan. If that's the way he's going to play the game there will be a lot of players and supporters falling by the wayside suffering from post traumatic stress disorder. I have never seen the oppositions goal keeper get the freedom of their half of the pitch as much as theirs did in those last 20 minutes.
I think we'll have different plans against teams who aren't expected to win the league. No team will play the same tactics every week.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2014, 04:18:42 PM »

Think you miss the point.  The gk can have it who did he have to pass to as everyone was marked so he just hoofed it to nobody as soon as you close him down easy pass is on