Author Topic: Boston Standard  (Read 3777 times)

Gus

• View Profile
Boston Standard
« on: August 01, 2014, 08:29:52 PM »
Interesting comments from Brian James (associated with Sotnick & Co) at the bottom of the article on twitter bostonstandard.co.uk/news/community.  What a joke!!!

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Re: Boston Standard
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 08:55:22 PM »
Liked the bit about the Chestnuts are looking to make a profit. I suppose him and Sotnick were doing it for the love of the club, quick pass me a bucket I think I'm going to throw up.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 09:14:57 PM »
"Jon Sotnick produced a master plan in 2006, which was turned down by the Council"

One of the reasons given for rejection by the Council was the lack of a business plan!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 11:36:49 PM »
Typical of the level of the arguments put forward by objectors thus far. In a place like Boston, if they'd got their house together I think they'd have got a lot of sympathy and frankly had a good chance of stopping the thing. As it is, they've gone for a patently absurd 'referendum' AND HYPERBOLE, USUALLY IN CAPITAL LETTERS, about how the Quadrant will overload GPs/dentists with demand (yet force the local post office to close!), turn Wyberton into a congested favela and further the spread of Ebola. Very little appears to actually be grounded in reality - in fact there are documents in the submitted plans that show how they're outright wrong with regards to overburden medical facilities. The Chestnuts must be laughing - they're too professional to get tripped up by any of that. Now the planning officer has told them to provisionally approve it, the only way it's not going to get passed is if the councilors vote it down - which would send out the message that their vision for Boston is firmly grounded in the Medieval Ages.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 08:15:36 AM »
Quote from: onwardsandupwards
We are building a stadium for a club with a pretty dark history in recent decades and having received little investment to produce a bright future.

...is used as an argument to stop... a multi-million pound investment to produce a bright future. Head. Banging. Wall. Against.

Exactly, the sentence makes no sense, but that doesn't matter to the writer as he, or she just wanted a way to use the phrase 'pretty dark history' in association with BUFC...this is scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Isn't this one of the characters investigated at the time  ???

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 10:16:41 AM »
"Jon Sotnick produced a master plan in 2006, which was turned down by the Council"

One of the reasons given for rejection by the Council was the lack of a business plan!

I am trying to recall who the club accountant was during the days of Sotnick who you would have thought would have had the task of advising on a viable business plan. P86 is right there wasn't one therefore thrown out. As I recall it was also the case in those dark days that yearly accounts were hardly ever produced on time. It appears to me that Brian James has been confounded by the sheer professionalism of the Chestnuts and his pathetic posts sum up how lucky we are to still have a club and why we need to back Mr Newton and the Chestnuts.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 07:28:10 PM »

I am trying to recall who the club accountant was during the days of Sotnick who you would have thought would have had the task of advising on a viable business plan. P86 is right there wasn't one therefore thrown out. As I recall it was also the case in those dark days that yearly accounts were hardly ever produced on time. It appears to me that Brian James has been confounded by the sheer professionalism of the Chestnuts and his pathetic posts sum up how lucky we are to still have a club and why we need to back Mr Newton and the Chestnuts.

From a accountant who job is to over see the correct managment and payments of bills/wages etc. What a ****