Author Topic: Not good enough  (Read 7312 times)

Chelsea

• View Profile
Not good enough
« on: July 29, 2014, 09:56:07 PM »
That sums up half the players in tonight's team

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Not good enough
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 10:01:34 PM »
Bring on the happy clappers...

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 10:10:30 PM »
Well that's that then.  Seasons over. All the players are rubbish.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 08:12:31 PM by howmanynames2pick »

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 10:24:47 PM »
Don't worry too much about tonight result a glorified friendly. We lost to trinity same time last season and had a great season let's hope it's a good omen. We played well first half but was a case of missed chances. poor second half. crying out for a pacy striker for sure but we will be fine.

Tomgraves

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 10:42:49 PM »
Missed a bit of bite in midfield as well tonight... Something Ben Milnes did so well!

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 11:32:03 PM »
Both teams worked hard, and some good passages of play. But not sure where we are going to replace the goals from last year plenty of quality working situations but need the quality player upfront. Not knocking Garns great team player would play anywhere as hes that kind of guy, just need an out and out c/forward.

As for officials shocking, linesman offered with threats kids outside for a word and the ref winked at fans as he went down the tunnel, poor.

Anyway DG will know whats needed after seeing that, but I have to say well done Gboro and Dom Roma quality fullback and loyal could have played higher level and Stamp still has it.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 07:28:29 AM »
The disappointing thing about last night was that our nice passing went out of the window as soon as we went two one down. Far too many long balls which played straight into the hands of their big central defenders.

I wasn't overly impressed with Gainsborough but they were effective and unlike some of the games we have had against Premier League U21 opposition, they represented what we are realistically going to be up against most weeks.

Yes only a Lincs Cup game but for me a wake up call and reason for us not to get carried away.

DL

Tony A

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 09:34:21 AM »
Steer , Mills and Dowie, followed by Meadows ( when he came on ) were in my opinion the best players on the night.
Our back three defenders just had a poor night all at the same time. Not the commanding performance we were expecting. Steer was a workhorse in front of the defence and seemed to cover nearly all the pitch, trying to cover for everyone else. Mills was his usual class act until about one minute from time, getting two yellow cards. Does that mean we lose a star player for our start of the season ?
Hate to say it but Garner is not a striker and is now struggling to keep up with the pace of the game. Last night the defenders seemed sluggish and lacked pace. Hopefully our fast winger will inject some pace up front when he starts after suspension. The play it on the ground went missing last night, with virtually no quick passing that we were seeing in previous games. Dennis must have a headache this morning. Won't lose faith though.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 10:04:19 AM »
I agree it was not good enough and I am not talking just about the general play, When Garner was dropped back into the back four he was not pleased and immediately got booked for a foul that seemed to spur some of the others to follow suit resulting a loss of discipline, not good from the team captain, even Mills by far the outstanding player on the pitch needs to realise he is better than that and clearly joined in with the indiscipline being shown by some others. I agree with others we desperately need a goal scorer plus I would like to see Duran in the centre of defense in place of Watson who didn't look up to it last night, allowing the best left back in the league Steer to play in his rightful position. I am sure the manager will sort things out before the Barrow game but does need a quickly arranged friendly before that.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 10:50:39 AM »
Isn't Grantham on Tuesday that friendly ?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 11:18:00 AM »
Cant a friendly still be arranged,,its only Wed..what are the rules?.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 11:51:01 AM »
Bring on the happy clappers...

And the armchair pundits !

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 11:57:47 AM »
Now playing carlton town away on Sat.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2014, 12:04:12 PM »
PRE.season we done good against the boys,   but not so good against the men of SPALDING and GAINSBOROUGH.

for god's sake if we have to move garner then put him c/mid.

we don't only want a MILLER, we need a ROSS as well.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2014, 12:05:50 PM »
If you mean me, GHM ,its hospital bed pundit !