Author Topic: Council Recommends YES for The Quadrant  (Read 14985 times)

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Council Recommends YES for The Quadrant
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2014, 09:40:25 PM »
And rightly so about charging for car parking, the Chestnuts deserve to get their bucketfuls of cash over flowing for saving our wonderful football club.

Are you Scouse Pilgrim in disguise?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2014, 09:42:12 PM »
And rightly so about charging for car parking, the Chestnuts deserve to get their bucketfuls of cash over flowing for saving our wonderful football club.

Erm you seem to be forgetting Chestnuts wont be owning it to get there buckets full of cash, but if they did id say forget the buckets and use skips for the cash instead as they deserve every penny they make

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2014, 09:43:22 PM »
Am delighted to get from a day out on hols in Scotland to hear the good news. Well done, Chestnuts; well done, Boston; onwards and upwards,  BUFC!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2014, 09:47:53 PM »

I will be more than happy to pay for parking on holy ground .  anyone know if there is any other football club sponsored by God .?

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2014, 10:18:39 AM »
Someone mentioned that there is going to be car parking charge. That can't be true, surely?

Well we're charged to park at York Street at the moment, so why not?

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2014, 10:23:50 AM »
I didn't realise that, sorry.

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2014, 10:25:07 AM »
I think they'll miss a trick if they don't open the car parking up for a weekday park and ride or use it as some sort of car share facility. Would reduce congestion going in to town and raise extra revenue.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2014, 10:41:27 AM »
At last something we all agree with you Claude  :bunny :bunny. Well said that man.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2014, 10:49:50 AM »
But surely it will have nothing to do with Chestnuts. Aren't they walking away from the club, financially at least, and leaving it in the hands of the community?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2014, 12:09:39 PM »
Interesting question. If the car park is part of the land that will be transferred to the CIC, you would assume all funds raised from the car park would be returned to the club. I would say that's normal practice - after all, it's not uncommon to be charged for matchday parking. The only issue is that people will naturally seek to dodge the charge and park on Tytton Lane East or the Causeway - as I said previously, there needs to be proper traffic management in place so as not the cause undue inconvenience to local residents. Perhaps this is something covered in the stadium management plan?

hozzer

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2014, 01:33:32 PM »
all around Harrogits ground and Kidderminster the roads are marked as resident roadside parking only and locals display a badge, could be something to consider.
against league 3, an idiots guide to making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2014, 02:03:49 PM »
all around Harrogits ground and Kidderminster the roads are marked as resident roadside parking only and locals display a badge, could be something to consider.

I can imagine a similar restriction in place on matchdays down Tytton Lane East (not sure it'd have to extend as far as West?), with parking attendants drafted in to enforce it. Only fair on the locals really. Most of them have driveways but the road is very narrow and isn't really appropriate for large quantities of on-street parking - legacy of being an old country lane I suppose.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2014, 11:24:10 PM »
What I am surprised at is the lack of positive texts after such a positive council vote... I thought the forum would be buzzing..

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2014, 11:42:54 PM »
The result speaks for itself.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2014, 12:03:53 AM »
Need to re-instate the Rail line to Spalding .. that would  get the crowds in !