Author Topic: We're stronger than last season, insists DG  (Read 2003 times)

bostontarget.co.uk

• View Profile
We're stronger than last season, insists DG
« on: July 25, 2014, 01:36:37 PM »
Dennis Greene insists Boston United will have a stronger squad this season, despite Marc Newsham’s knee problem and the departure of Ricky Miller.

Read more: http://www.bostontarget.co.uk/Boston-United-stronger-season-insists-Dennis/story-21938424-detail/story.html#ixzz38U1D20J7

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: We're stronger than last season, insists DG
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 02:11:27 PM »
how annoying are those adverts that come on when you are reading?!?!?!
I thought the house was haunted when I started hearing voices.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 03:53:05 PM »
Being stronger than last season does not mean we will finish any higher in the league - it is all relative to how other teams have also 'improved'. Not forgetting the new teams to the league.

If we are lacking fire power at the beginning of the campaign, I will settle for us being 'difficult to beat', not conceding many goals and not losing matches early on  - at least until we are able to get Ricky Miller back on loan or sign Danny Davidson - ok just joking about that.

DL

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 04:31:51 PM »
Exactly right DL as Barrow, for example, would have strengthened with their new found fortunes (and were also on a decent run after Christmas anyway).  There's also the usual suspects and village play things who will be strong and/or thrown a wad of cash at it plus the new sides who, by and large, are stronger than those they have replaced.

Are we stronger than last season, i'll reserve judgment on that until after August bank holiday weekend when we would have had sufficient games into the season to assess.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 05:30:52 PM »
WE will be stronger cus there all DGs players apart from NEWSHAM and MARSHALL.
THEREs talk of a striker  from LUTON on his way. ;) ;)

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 09:53:30 PM »
I very much doubt Miller will be coming back on loan already he has great belief in himself and wants to prove himself at L2 level. Maybe in a month or three but not yet.