Author Topic: Another home draw...  (Read 17425 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Another home draw...
« on: October 19, 2009, 12:01:16 PM »
v Radcliffe Borough or Quorn.

Could see JJ come back to York Street.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

BU on the up

• View Profile
Re: Another home draw...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 12:20:05 PM »
Glad we got the home draw!! What division are those teams from? Are we going to be favourites for the tie?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 12:29:31 PM »
Radcliffe are NPL D1/N (currently 13th) & Quorn are NPL D1/S (18th).

Quorn lost at Spalding a couple of weeks ago...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 01:02:47 PM »
We couldn't have hoped for a better draw IMO.

There is always the risk of an upset of course, such is cup(or trophy  ;D ) football, but honestly, a great chance to get through to the next round.

C'mon Boston.

Seenbetter

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 01:21:12 PM »
I suppose the prices will remain the same and I think the gate will be less than it was on Saturday because of that and because of the opposition. It's also at the end of half term so the kids will have spent mum and dads money in the week. Perhaps the management need to think of an incentive to get the grown ups there with the rug rats in tow.

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 01:54:36 PM »
v Radcliffe Borough or Quorn.

Could see JJ come back to York Street.
If not him, it'll be Bernard Manning (Junior), as he's the Radcliffe President. If he's anything like his father they'd better put a few extra sausage rolls, pies, cheese and pineapple on sticks and cake onto the boardroom buffet menu.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 03:12:58 PM »
 Prefer Quorn ..  if it went to replay ..

fcum_91

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 03:39:43 PM »
Radcliffe Boro we've played them loads of times not a great side but physical if you play a passing game should batter them.

P.s you'll be lucky if you get 20 of them comming down (fans)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 03:46:33 PM »
Radcliffe Boro we've played them loads of times not a great side but physical if you play a passing game should batter them.

were lucky to see 20 most weeks thats why we get excited when you come to town.(oh and vera this year)

Im not sure but i think prices remain the same if an agreement cant be reached between the 2 clubs on a reduction. sure as hell cant see any of them 2 teams wanting us to charge less as they near garantee a 700 plus gate(i think same applies to incentives)

fcum_91

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 03:55:11 PM »

were lucky to see 20 most weeks thats why we get excited when you come to town.(oh and vera this year)

Im not sure but i think prices remain the same if an agreement cant be reached between the 2 clubs on a reduction. sure as hell cant see any of them 2 teams wanting us to charge less as they near garantee a 700 plus gate(i think same applies to incentives)

A good point. We get excited when you come next best after you we see is Bradford scum they bring 80. And quorn are also dirty bastards so expect a few kickings on some on your players.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 08:13:57 PM »

Quorn for me too...

sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 09:03:44 PM »

Quorn for me too...

Lets not forget,the Quorn Management comprises of Keast and Pledger the ex
 Stamford Management who orchestrated our defeat in the Lincs Snr. Sheild last
 year,albeit being a totally different squad than last season. Hope the omens are
 not there and any evidence of a repeat result !!. May just decide to take that reply
 in tomorrow night at Sutton Park, work depending.................
Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 09:05:28 PM »

Quorn for me too...

Some money and connections at Quorn, so I'd prefer Radcliffe as less chance of an upset.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 11:01:38 PM »
Was hoping for an away draw personally  and a mid week replay for selfish reason I have to work half the Saturdays over the year and do the rota couple of weeks in advance so put myself down for this week at the risk of there not being a game at all - before we played the last round.

BoroBlue

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 01:10:32 PM »

;D

Physical side? If anything that is our weakness that when the going gets tough, we're not strong enough. If we are as the FC United fan is to beleived "Physical" then how did we win the fair play award last year? Must of been alot of refs that didn't book or send off our lads for physical challenges  ;D

Also we probably will bring about 20 odd fans down, that's the norm when you are a small club in the unibond league.

And finally, i find it hiliarious the FC fan calling us "not a great side" This coming from a fan who supports a team that would struggle in our league if it wasn't for the 2000 fans every week.

You can keep upto date of tonight's match on www.twitter.com/rbfc where hopefully we will get the win and spend halloween in Boston  :o