Author Topic: Spalding game  (Read 11223 times)

LPRA

• View Profile
Re: Spalding game
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2014, 06:36:54 PM »
We look woefully short up front. You can't replace the league's top scorer with a centre half. Surely Miller's departure has freed up the cash to get another proven Conf North striker? I hope DG can sort this before the season kicks off because right now, the squad looks horribly unbalanced.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2014, 06:58:58 PM »
Some really honest appraisals there........ :-\

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2014, 06:59:19 PM »
Several points here really Miller was probably not on the money of any one else in the top 10 goal scorers in the league last season and our best shout is probably to get a got young player on loan which may work like Bishop Stortford did with Dwight Gayle a couple of years back or again look at someone in the lower leagues like Miller who is scoring for fun and could make the step up. Felix is the only player for me who could play the same role in the team as Miller did although probably doesn't have the same strength to hold the ball up. As for the squad I would guess there is plenty of money left to bring in a couple more. Newton has said that the budget is the same as last season and looking at the squad that finished the season I would guess there is still some money left.

Out King, Ross, Milnes, SWD, Konadu, Miller, Ajuila, Agnew

In Reynolds, Southwell, Smythe, Felix and Barlow.

So five in and seven out, presuming they are on similar wages that leaves room for two more, although I doubt the likes of Smythe, Barlow and Felix are on the same money as Miller, SWD and Ross.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2014, 07:12:45 PM »
Some really honest appraisals there........ :-\

Yeah but all needs to be kept in perspective as some were over hyping the win against a young Norwich side. Shouldn't over analyze victory or defeat pre season. 22 players were used last night and by the end the side was made up of alot of trialist which we probably wont see again especially the right back in a position we have no worries about once the season as Marshall, Mills and McGhee all performed well enough last season.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2014, 07:26:07 PM »
Irish keeper is on his way at the weekend for a trial he played for cork in the Irish league.

That's the defence bottled up then ;D

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2014, 07:27:28 PM »
The friendlies that we should be more judged on are the ones with less trialists, and less substitutions.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2014, 08:01:33 PM »
Yeah the trailists have had a couple of matches to show what they have got and the majority will hopefully be told that their services are not required only two or three warrant another game with Watson being the stand out performer although not sure we need another CB. Still plenty of time to find another striker (needs to be different to what we have and we are lacking someone with pace) and an attacking midfielder who can create and score goals, Milnes, Ross, Agnew and Konadu could all do this to a degree and Sleath would have been an ideal replacement, I am sure this is something the manager is looking for.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2014, 08:04:24 PM »
Felix looks like the best of the trialists last night and Watson looks solid at the back south well looks like he could be a good catch. Den did say last night about possibly getting miller back on a few months loan and an Irish keeper is on his way at the weekend for a trial he played for cork in the Irish league.

Ricky Miller has gone so we should forget about him and get on with it, if he doesn't make it at Luton then tough he's had his time here.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2014, 08:06:10 PM »
Watson seems quite an ambitious lad..but is terribly injury prone..

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2014, 09:43:30 PM »
I like the look of number 8 from last night, Danny meadows,hopefully we can get him signed up and a pacy striker then I don't think we will be far off at all.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2014, 10:12:26 PM »
Felix looks like the best of the trialists last night and Watson looks solid at the back south well looks like he could be a good catch. Den did say last night about possibly getting miller back on a few months loan and an Irish keeper is on his way at the weekend for a trial he played for cork in the Irish league.

Ricky Miller has gone so we should forget about him and get on with it, if he doesn't make it at Luton then tough he's had his time here.

But if he doesn't make it you can be sure they'll all be shouting for his return.........especially if we don't hit the ground running.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2014, 10:55:10 PM »
Number 8 did ok but had time on the ball a couple of occasions first half and didn't seem to know what to do with it. As for us not  starting well it could be very tricky as Barrow are as short as 11/4 on some websites for the title! and NFU have retained most of their squad from last season and are out second home game between two away games and we didn't travel well last year.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2014, 10:58:14 PM »
ANY comment's on spaldings 3 new players WAUMSLEY,McKUE and G.STAIFIELD.
I think you mean Stainfield if so its Nathans brother I guess.He played for Town last season.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2014, 11:36:01 PM »
ANY comment's on spaldings 3 new players WAUMSLEY,McKUE and G.STAIFIELD.
I think you mean Stainfield if so its Nathans brother I guess.He played for Town last season.
McKue is a Boston lad as well