Author Topic: Garner: I love playing up front  (Read 5246 times)

bostontarget.co.uk

• View Profile
Garner: I love playing up front
« on: July 11, 2014, 02:28:14 PM »
Goal-hungry Pilgrims defender Scott Garner admits he would relish playing up front this season.

Read more at http://www.bostontarget.co.uk/Defender-Scott-Garner-playing-Boston-United/story-21451604-detail/story.html?pppp]#I4mH8msvCUK1CgxB.99

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
Re: Garner: I love playing up front
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 09:49:53 PM »
I've always rated Garner as a possible forward. See my remark after the Guiseley match last December. Perhaps B. Grimes should eat his words and accept that I was not on the mulled wine !!

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 03:19:54 PM »
I've always rated Garner as a possible forward. See my remark after the Guiseley match last December. Perhaps B. Grimes should eat his words and accept that I was not on the mulled wine !!

No, no and no. Am prepared to eat my words if pro end wrong Eddie but scoring a goal does not a centre forward mak regardless of how mu he apparently enjoys it.. Bore scored a wonder goal but it didn't make him a better full back. SG with Pidge are our CH's leave them be. Or possibly play three at the back with steer and McGhee as wing backs but other than chasing a game when its different keep Scotty far away from th front line as is possible.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 03:34:42 PM »
Whether he plays there regularly or not, it's good to have an OPTION to play Garner up front, if we do suffer injuries.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 04:58:53 PM »

No, no and no. Am prepared to eat my words if pro end wrong Eddie but scoring a goal does not a centre forward mak regardless of how mu he apparently enjoys it.. Bore scored a wonder goal but it didn't make him a better full back. SG with Pidge are our CH's leave them be. Or possibly play three at the back with steer and McGhee as wing backs but other than chasing a game when its different keep Scotty far away from th front line as is possible.

I suspect you did not see the match yesterday nor attend the forum BG .  Greene claimed Garner had been scoring goals "for fun" in training and was keen to play up front .   
Regardless of a good goal Garner put in an accomplished all round performance , with good lay-offs and good interplay with Southwell , give them a chance BG , Den is maybe working his magic with this partnership turning them into a dream team .
Again if you had been at the match you would have seen we still would have probably the best central pair of defenders in the league without Scott .
Why mess about with formations ,  stick Garner up front .
I am sure some of my fellow old farts will soon be on to tell you about the likes of John Charles , and in your era Malcolm Macdonald other examples .

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 06:13:38 PM »
SCORING goals for fun , who was in goal I wonder.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 06:44:59 PM »
I thought the  manager told players where to play , not the other way round !

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 06:54:03 PM »
I thought the  manager told players where to play , not the other way round !
He hasn't told DG to play him up front...

“Defending is my main priority, but if I get the chance to play up front, I’ll certainly be up for it.”
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 09:28:40 PM »
Didn't attend the forum that's true, and I have already agreed all defenders played well but we said the same start of last season when Bore and Sansara were new arrivals. Not getting fixated about it but to me Scotty is and always will be a CH who you put up front in emergencies and not becausehe is scoring for fun in five a side training g. We will have to wait and see I guess

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 08:43:11 AM »
Worked for Greg Strong...

No wait.... 

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 01:32:13 PM »
Worked for Greg Strong...

No wait....

And Ellender......... ;)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 01:36:16 PM »
SCORING goals for fun , who was in goal I wonder.

A  Cone .     was in orange and white kit .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 03:25:16 PM »
Greg Halford had a good run up front for Forest last season... scored a few

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2014, 08:09:04 PM »

Garner played well up front on Saturday, but I still don't think he's anywhere near as good a striker as he is a defender. I also thought he put in a couple of "forward's tackles" on Saturday, and that he'd have been booked had it not been a pre-season friendly. If he'd been one further indiscretion away from a red card, would his performance have been as effective?