Author Topic: Don't forget tonight's BUFC Fans Forum 7pm in The Pilgrim Lounge  (Read 13183 times)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Re: Don't forget tonight's BUFC Fans Forum 7pm in The Pilgrim Lounge
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2014, 07:53:18 AM »
It appears to me that the lifelong Lincoln City fan is sooooo desperate to fill his bucketfuls of cash it's like a veiled blackmail...................................Shame on him!

http://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/sport/boston-united/no-quadrant-means-no-boston-united-pilgrims-chairman-david-newton-puts-forward-his-case-for-community-asset-1-6172814
Where was the mighty keyboard warrior on Thursday night to ask some of his questions ? Oh I have just answered my own question silly me. How's the puppet master getting on?
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2014, 10:20:17 AM »
After the stadium is complete who will own the ground DN/Chestnut Homes or BUFC?
An already-setup community interest company.
[/color]

Where has this popped up from?
Was there any mention of what % of this grant is to be allocated to the stadium? My understanding is that it is for infrastructure only, but I could be wrong.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2014, 11:03:11 AM »
I agree with everything Oxo has written. Thursday evening reassured me (not that I needed it) that we are dealing with honourable gentlemen. Yes, they stand to gain, but given the work/time/money they've put in over the past 7 years, they deserve it. Do people appreciate how fortunate we are to have had DN and NK's involvement? There is an extraordinary amount of complacency around some (some, I reiterate) BUFC supporters, a point that was raised at the forum (from the floor, I should add). They just expect someone to bail the club out at the last minute without having to do anything themselves - those of us who tried to get a trust going in the dark days know this only too well. We were lucky 7 years ago, but now is the time to get out and do something to help the most positive development for BUFC in years. Write to support the plan, if you haven't, and join BUSA.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2014, 11:38:15 AM »
If Evans were to read this thread I'm sure there would be many Glaswegian LOLS at some of the earlier posts, whereas if Newton or Kempster read it they would be wondering why they even bothered.
Sad really that all the Chestnut's good work can be tarnished by the spectre of Evans and Lavaflow in this way.

What in the Lords name are you talking about? The Chestnuts good work will never be tarnished by "Evans and Lavaflow" Indeed it is the good work of David and Neil that has buried the evil of that lot, please explain exactly what you are saying as I cannot fathom it . Let me say that I also said last night that I would be joining BUSA and encouraged everyone to do the same so the planning committee would see that the fans are united behind the planning application and when Glen Chapman addresses them he can do so quoting a healthy number of members adding to his representations.

Oxo, you don't have to be highly empathic to figure out that David Newton would prefer not to have the past being raked up on a thread supposedly about the BUFC Fan's Forum. Events are now progressing towards the culmination of everything he has planned and worked for during his tenure here. It should be a time of positivity and forward thinking, and not tainted by petty squabbling over past events.

Your experiences with Evans, and his cronies, should make it easier to understand how he would be highly amused to know that the knock-on effect of his antics are still felt at BUFC long after his departure.

Hope this helps  8)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2014, 11:40:13 AM »
After the stadium is complete who will own the ground DN/Chestnut Homes or BUFC?
An already-setup community interest company.
[/color]

Where has this popped up from?
Was there any mention of what % of this grant is to be allocated to the stadium? My understanding is that it is for infrastructure only, but I could be wrong.
It was mentioned before, at the previous forum.

The grant is allocated to the project as a whole, which includes the stadium - according to DN on Thursday night.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2014, 11:40:33 AM »
“No Quadrant means no Boston United,” Newton told those gathered at a packed Pilgrim Lounge.

“We’re not just doing this for Boston United, we’re doing this for Boston United and the town of Boston.

“We think this is a fantastic development for the whole town.”

Yes, lifelong Lincoln City fan and property developer........!!! Maybe you are doing this to make lots of bucketfuls of cash!

As said by  many fans Chestnuts fully deserve to make "bucketfuls of cash " if they deliver the project .
Others had the same chance to step in and make "bucketsful of cash ",  tell us why they did,nt ?

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2014, 12:26:19 AM »
“No Quadrant means no Boston United,” Newton told those gathered at a packed Pilgrim Lounge.

“We’re not just doing this for Boston United, we’re doing this for Boston United and the town of Boston.

Yes, lifelong Lincoln City fan and property developer........!!! Maybe you are doing this to make lots of bucketfuls of cash!

As said by  many fans Chestnuts fully deserve to make "bucketfuls of cash " if they deliver the project .
Others had the same chance to step in and make "bucketsful of cash ",  tell us why they did,nt ?

They didn't have the vision or the money ghm. We certainly where lucky when Mr Newton rode into town dispite what some part time posters on here would have you believe.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2014, 10:45:40 AM »

They didn't have the vision or the money ghm. We certainly where lucky when Mr Newton rode into town dispite what some part time posters on here would have you believe.

100% correct TASH .