Author Topic: Don't forget tonight's BUFC Fans Forum 7pm in The Pilgrim Lounge  (Read 13177 times)

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Don't forget tonight's BUFC Fans Forum 7pm in The Pilgrim Lounge
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2014, 12:48:13 PM »
So which saying are we going for this season? "Happy Clapper" was clearly the favourite last season, but we have a new entry..... "Monkey say, monkey do", will this take over from the very popular "Happy Clapper" term?.............. we shall see.   ::)
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2014, 01:44:29 PM »
I hardly think you can draw a comparison between those who clapped like seals at the last mob’s bullshit and those who clap Newton and Kempster, and I think it’s highly unfair to castigate those who do as ‘toeing the line’. The last mob put nothing on the line except the club itself, and very nearly lost it on our behalf. The Chestnuts, on the other hand, have a great deal to lose both personally and professionally if – God forbid – this endeavour fails.

Again, the club’s future is at stake, but this is a direct consequence of what happened in the early 2000s - we’ve been painted into a corner by Lavaflow and there is now literally no alternative to what is being proposed. And what’s being proposed wouldn’t just benefit the club and leave it in a far better place than it has been in its entire existence, but benefit the town as a whole. That’s a bit different to the last bunch of profiteering charlatans isn’t it?

And unlike Jon Sotnick, I suspect you won’t find Newton doing a runner and popping up in the Ghanaian diamond mining investment game or whatever the hell it was – he’s a local businessman and the consequences for him will be very real. Which is why it must not fail.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2014, 06:06:47 PM »
I hardly think you can draw a comparison between those who clapped like seals at the last mob’s bullshit and those who clap Newton and Kempster, and I think it’s highly unfair to castigate those who do as ‘toeing the line’. The last mob put nothing on the line except the club itself, and very nearly lost it on our behalf. The Chestnuts, on the other hand, have a great deal to lose both personally and professionally if – God forbid – this endeavour fails.

Again, the club’s future is at stake, but this is a direct consequence of what happened in the early 2000s - we’ve been painted into a corner by Lavaflow and there is now literally no alternative to what is being proposed. And what’s being proposed wouldn’t just benefit the club and leave it in a far better place than it has been in its entire existence, but benefit the town as a whole. That’s a bit different to the last bunch of profiteering charlatans isn’t it?

And unlike Jon Sotnick, I suspect you won’t find Newton doing a runner and popping up in the Ghanaian diamond mining investment game or whatever the hell it was – he’s a local businessman and the consequences for him will be very real. Which is why it must not fail.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2014, 06:28:01 PM »

Spot on Pete how anyone could possibly question the motives and commitment of David Newton and Neil Kempster is beyond belief. Last night as David spoke of the day they took on the club he was very emotional and almost broke down. This was during a reply my question of who will run the club when He and Neil hand over control to others and he was talking of "the whole journey from that first day to the day they step aside and complete the journey". It was wonderful to here him say the club will be handed over as "a debt free and sustainable football club". The stadium will not be able to be sold or bought as there will be some kind of contract that will make it a community asset so we will not see some rich interloper coming in trying to take over and aquiring the club as a personal hobby.
If this is seen as happy clapping then count me in, I have attended every fans forum since these people took over and asked many many question but not once have I been assaulted, threatened, and verbally abused like I was with the other lot, and although I will never forget that dreadful evening I have put it behind me and am now a very happy clapper who will be forever grateful to the new regime who have slugged it out for seven years to put the respect back into BUFC and brought into view the the finishing line. Lets have a whole new outlook and enthusiasm and work together to do our bit no matter how small to realise the dream.   

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2014, 06:48:41 PM »

Spot on Pete how anyone could possibly question the motives and commitment of David Newton and Neil Kempster is beyond belief. Last night as David spoke of the day they took on the club he was very emotional and almost broke down. This was during a reply my question of who will run the club when He and Neil hand over control to others and he was talking of "the whole journey from that first day to the day they step aside and complete the journey". It was wonderful to here him say the club will be handed over as "a debt free and sustainable football club". The stadium will not be able to be sold or bought as there will be some kind of contract that will make it a community asset so we will not see some rich interloper coming in trying to take over and aquiring the club as a personal hobby.
If this is seen as happy clapping then count me in, I have attended every fans forum since these people took over and asked many many question but not once have I been assaulted, threatened, and verbally abused like I was with the other lot, and although I will never forget that dreadful evening I have put it behind me and am now a very happy clapper who will be forever grateful to the new regime who have slugged it out for seven years to put the respect back into BUFC and brought into view the the finishing line. Lets have a whole new outlook and enthusiasm and work together to do our bit no matter how small to realise the dream.   
[/quote]

Thanks for asking that question Mel, I was wondering about what would happen after the ground etc is complete and was toying with sticking my hand up.....glad you did it :)
Let's not kid ourselves, if/ when it gets finished the Chestnuts will be quids in.
Having said that, if they have been putting in upwards of £100K pa to prop the club up and putting in loads of hours to achieve it then I have no problem with them recouping their investment plus a shed load more :)
Remember that 8 years ago when they came in they had NO guarantees .....only large debts!
I am prepared to applaud in a happy manner, if that makes me a clown so be it......back to Billy Smarts :)

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2014, 07:21:18 PM »
Excellent post Oxo!
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2014, 07:52:21 PM »
After the stadium is complete who will own the ground DN/Chestnut Homes or BUFC?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2014, 08:03:56 PM »
After the stadium is complete who will own the ground DN/Chestnut Homes or BUFC?
An already-setup community interest company.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2014, 08:16:25 PM »
Who 7 years ago would have thought that by 2014 Chestnuts would have rid BUFC of the stigma left by the previous regime to the extent that grants are being granted to develop a spanking new stadium (stpp).?

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2014, 09:52:39 PM »
If Evans were to read this thread I'm sure there would be many Glaswegian LOLS at some of the earlier posts, whereas if Newton or Kempster read it they would be wondering why they even bothered.
Sad really that all the Chestnut's good work can be tarnished by the spectre of Evans and Lavaflow in this way.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2014, 10:18:12 PM »
If Evans were to read this thread I'm sure there would be many Glaswegian LOLS at some of the earlier posts, whereas if Newton or Kempster read it they would be wondering why they even bothered.
Sad really that all the Chestnut's good work can be tarnished by the spectre of Evans and Lavaflow in this way.

What in the Lords name are you talking about? The Chestnuts good work will never be tarnished by "Evans and Lavaflow" Indeed it is the good work of David and Neil that has buried the evil of that lot, please explain exactly what you are saying as I cannot fathom it . Let me say that I also said last night that I would be joining BUSA and encouraged everyone to do the same so the planning committee would see that the fans are united behind the planning application and when Glen Chapman addresses them he can do so quoting a healthy number of members adding to his representations.

Monty

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2014, 11:33:45 PM »
It appears to me that the lifelong Lincoln City fan is sooooo desperate to fill his bucketfuls of cash it's like a veiled blackmail...................................Shame on him!

http://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/sport/boston-united/no-quadrant-means-no-boston-united-pilgrims-chairman-david-newton-puts-forward-his-case-for-community-asset-1-6172814

Monty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2014, 11:38:23 PM »
“No Quadrant means no Boston United,” Newton told those gathered at a packed Pilgrim Lounge.

“We’re not just doing this for Boston United, we’re doing this for Boston United and the town of Boston.

“We think this is a fantastic development for the whole town.”

Yes, lifelong Lincoln City fan and property developer........!!! Maybe you are doing this to make lots of bucketfuls of cash!

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2014, 12:05:25 AM »
“No Quadrant means no Boston United,” Newton told those gathered at a packed Pilgrim Lounge.

“We’re not just doing this for Boston United, we’re doing this for Boston United and the town of Boston.

“We think this is a fantastic development for the whole town.”

Yes, lifelong Lincoln City fan and property developer........!!! Maybe you are doing this to make lots of bucketfuls of cash!

Imagine he hadn't shown up in 2007. What would have happened?

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2014, 07:31:00 AM »
I don't care if MR.NEWTON and co. make lorry loads of cash just get on with it.

you no what when it's all done and dusted, we may thank EVANS for giving us MR.NEWTON. ;) :)