Author Topic: B.U.S.A....  (Read 2536 times)

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
B.U.S.A....
« on: July 10, 2014, 10:25:50 PM »
I,like many others, attended the Fans Forum tonight and I have to say that its very reassuring to have a Group like BUSA supporting the venture.I thought that the comments made by Glen tonight were excellent and I for one,despite being a long standing supporter,didnt realise everything that BUSA does for the Club and the significant amount of money they raise.
Glen,like David Newton and the rest of the "top table" said he wants everybody to support the planning application in any and every way  possible.One of the ways we can all help is by paying £10 and joining BUSA.
I unfortunately had to leave straight away after the meeting but I would like to join BUSA.....Is it possible to do this on line?
If it is,Im sure BUSA numbers would increase. I for one would join straight away......

The President

• View Profile
Re: B.U.S.A....
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 10:47:34 PM »
Hi Johnny unfortunately at the moment there is no online facility to join!! We did have a few years back for membership and booking away travel but was little used. I can ask around to see if something similar could be resurrected(I am no technophobe) Alternatively you could message me your details:- Name
                                                  Address
                                                  DOB
I can pass them on to Sandra and then pay your £10 to myself in the Lounge pre/post match or Sandra in the office at the next game you attend, and we will get your ticket to you.

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 12:12:02 AM »
I av bin a memba for a few years now. The only gripe for me is cant drink on coach (fa rules n all dat shite) but without them i cant get 2 away games n they give generous donations 2 the club. Some people mock this and i thihk it should b appreciate more

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 07:56:58 AM »
Hi Johnny unfortunately at the moment there is no online facility to join!! We did have a few years back for membership and booking away travel but was little used. I can ask around to see if something similar could be resurrected(I am no technophobe) Alternatively you could message me your details:- Name
                                                  Address
                                                  DOB
I can pass them on to Sandra and then pay your £10 to myself in the Lounge pre/post match or Sandra in the office at the next game you attend, and we will get your ticket to you.

ok,thanks for that.

HOWEVER,I do think,with respect,that if there was a facility to join BUSA online it would be hugely beneficial to both BUFC and the supporter.

At the moment if a supporter wants to join BUSA they have to "seek you out" in the PL on matchdays (not always convenient or apparent).

Theres already a link from the official BUFC site to a BUSA page....Im no "techie" but perhaps a secure joining link could be provided here. Such a link on the BUFC website may also help "cement" relations between BUSA and BUFC further.

Surely,following David Newtons comments at the FF last night, it would be in BUFCs interest to help and facilitate this feature and encourage more people to join BUSA.

I don't know how many members BUSA have,all I know is that they do a fantastic job for the Club,and  they may be able to help even more if they had more members.
I personally believe that an online joining facility would boost BUSA membership numbers....with respect, just because it wasn't poplar in previous years doesn't mean it wont be now......come on, £10 is nothing,and at a click of a button it would all be done.

Im sorry to push this point home...I am in no way telling anybody how to run BUSA (which is run by very hardworking volunteers solely with the intention of providing valuable financial support to BUFC).....Im looking at the bigger picture,and sometimes,in todays world where there are so many other things to do,you have to make it easy and convenient for people to do things (ie join BUSA) when its convenient for them.....

Up the Pilgrims....