Author Topic: Lincolnshire League to run with just 12 teams!  (Read 2769 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Lincolnshire League to run with just 12 teams!
« on: July 01, 2014, 05:49:07 PM »
Reap what you sow......
Questionable decision by the League Committee to continue with just a dozen clubs rather than become dormant. In additional to our own former Reserve side leaving the competition, League bad boys Gainsborough Town have also (thankfully) disappeared as well as Lincoln United Reserves. Wyberton are the League's only newcomers. I hope for this League's sake that their Committee deal with any disciplinary issues in a more conventional manner than last year and that no side drops out mid-season. Got to say it was a good decision by BUFC to say goodbye to the Lincs League!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
Re: Lincolnshire League to run with just 12 teams!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 11:40:55 PM »
Shame we dont have a reserves in some form, without them you never know if you can now unearth a gem of  a player under your nose, especially if non funded. Last year Vinno and Daubs did well and the previous season produced some decent lads who got on the bench, for two guys to give up their own time for free is credible.

new kid on the block

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 12:28:56 AM »
here here fishtoft crew well said................

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 08:48:06 AM »
It is a shame they disbanded and I would have liked to see our 2nd string play in the Peterborough & District League this coming season. I'm just gutted that the Lincs League was SO badly run that it was out of the question for us to continue membership. I am sure that some of the "over age" lads will filter their way into other local sides, e.g Wyberton, but it is not the same. Vinno and his staff did a brilliant job and I wish them all the best. Full list of Lincs League teams are: -

Cleethorpes Town
Horncastle Town
Hykeham Town
Humbertherm
Nettleham
Ruston Sports
Skegness Town
Skegness United
Sleaford Town Reserves
Louth Town Reserves (Reserves resurrected/up from East Lincs Comb)
Market Rasen Town (from youth teams)
Wyberton (Boston League Champions)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 08:52:47 AM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 11:51:40 AM »
Boston district leagues are booming with teams at the minute, there's just not really any with the quality or funds to join the lincs league

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 02:59:06 PM »
Boston district leagues are booming with teams at the minute, there's just not really any with the quality or funds to join the lincs league

Supposed to be one of the biggest and best-run Saturday Leagues in the country!