Author Topic: Lewis King: Why I left United  (Read 6047 times)

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Lewis King: Why I left United
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 06:31:16 PM »
Sounds like the reason wne haven't heard about players signing up for this season is because only Garner, Pidge and Miller were offered a proper contract for the season.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 07:04:22 PM »
Another player I would have offered a contract to for next season would have been Steer as IMO he is as good as anyone in league in his position.

Newsham is also worth a contract if he has no long term injury problems.

Trust in Dennis to get the right players in though as he made some fantastic signings last pre season in Miller, Pidge and Garner although I do believe he is finding it harder to get the players he wants at present.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 08:42:37 PM »
Another player I would have offered a contract to for next season would have been Steer as IMO he is as good as anyone in league in his position.

Newsham is also worth a contract if he has no long term injury problems.

Trust in Dennis to get the right players in though as he made some fantastic signings last pre season in Miller, Pidge and Garner although I do believe he is finding it harder to get the players he wants at present.

Greene did say at the end of last season not many players would be offered contracts this season .

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 09:40:44 AM »
Interesting one. Are you going to attract the best players on non contract terms?  :-\

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 10:30:33 AM »
Interesting one. Are you going to attract the best players on non contract terms?  :-\

Have to agree to a certain degree, whiles im all for non cotract terms. i do feel that those we had last year and seen to me most have proven they was needed players

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 03:18:38 PM »
its very frustrating that tin pot clubs seem to be able to attract players, and not just by stupid money. I know of the financial constraints etc and that without DN we would not have a club, but yet again if we do not watch out we will be short of the right players we need to start the season, several late arrivals i the last week of pre sesaon, and playing catch up early season, yet again. Why does it have to be like this?

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 08:49:00 PM »
Surely, it`s not just about money but also our geographical location. We are somewhat out on a limb in Lincolnshire and the management must be prepared to help out with their travelling expenses.  Even smaller clubs such as AFC Fylde are able to get the players they want.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2014, 09:59:18 PM »
What "quality" clubs do we have close by to pick up from?
If your in Lancashire it must be a lot easier.....surely?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2014, 11:48:55 PM »
Surely, it`s not just about money but also our geographical location. We are somewhat out on a limb in Lincolnshire and the management must be prepared to help out with their travelling expenses.  Even smaller clubs such as AFC Fylde are able to get the players they want.
AFC Fylde probably have a bigger budget than us.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 05:59:29 AM »
Geographical location has always worked against us, which means that a contract for players is all the more important.

Who would willingly travel further on a 'zero hours' contract, than stay more local for a year's contract?

travelling man

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 10:48:06 AM »
If you need Eastern Europeans to fill all of the jobs the lazy locals dont want, how do you expect we can attract players. Quoting AFC Fylde is a red herring as the catchment areas are so different.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014, 05:03:17 PM »
What happened with Charley Sanders?

When he went on loan to King's Lynn at the end of last season I'm sure I read that he'd signed a contract at Boston for the coming season. But he's no longer featured on the squad page.

I don't think he's the answer by any means, but my view is irrelevant. If he did sign a contract, shouldn't he be listed as part of the squad?

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2014, 03:16:18 PM »
I bet the contract was for no more than a cup of tea. Under the bosman ruling even though it was meant to protect players under, 24, in reality it does the opposite

picky

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2014, 02:06:05 PM »
King signed for stalybridge