Author Topic: Miller on leaving United  (Read 8171 times)

bostontarget.co.uk

• View Profile
Miller on leaving United
« on: June 25, 2014, 03:14:37 PM »
Ricky Miller said joining Luton Town was a “no-brainer” as he thanked Boston United for two unforgettable spells at the club.

Read more: http://www.bostontarget.co.uk/Ricky-Miller-thanks-Boston-United-sealing-Luton/story-21288129-detail/story.html#ixzz35f03V6Oo

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Miller on leaving United
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 10:06:02 PM »
I wonder if he thinks it will be a no brainer at Christmas when he has played about 2 games and sub in a few others.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 11:01:25 PM »
I doubt if he'll give a toss to be honest DT........

It's not about the football, its all about the money, it was the first time he was here and it is now.

A lad of 25 with how many clubs to his name..........can't fault his contribution last season but once he stated he was looking for full time we should have moved on, not hung around waiting in case he didn't get his 'dream' move.

I'm just pleased we've got the lad in from Grimsby, he sounds like a very capable replacement.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 07:47:00 AM »
N40s what the hell are you on about?? He didnt make one demand last time he left or now. The first time, neither managers even spoke to him, not once. Through his dad they offered him 40% less than what he was already on fact! This year the club offered him great terms and DG did everything possible to make him stay and rik was always upfront with them to keep them in the loop. The move is NOTHING to do with money if it was he could have joined many other clubs. joining Luton has actually cost him money,compared to what he could have got elsewhere but this isnt about that at all its about realising dreams of full time professional  football and he will do and surely has to do whatever he can to make it work. It was Boston or full time football there was nothing in between. If u still think he is shit fine, no problem with that and feel free to keep sharing that opinion, no problems with that either, just no more lies especially on things you know nothing about.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 08:29:42 AM »
GOOD luck RICKY for me last season you were simply the best.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 08:43:31 AM »
N40s what the hell are you on about?? He didnt make one demand last time he left or now. The first time, neither managers even spoke to him, not once. Through his dad they offered him 40% less than what he was already on fact! This year the club offered him great terms and DG did everything possible to make him stay and rik was always upfront with them to keep them in the loop. The move is NOTHING to do with money if it was he could have joined many other clubs. joining Luton has actually cost him money,compared to what he could have got elsewhere but this isnt about that at all its about realising dreams of full time professional  football and he will do and surely has to do whatever he can to make it work. It was Boston or full time football there was nothing in between. If u still think he is shit fine, no problem with that and feel free to keep sharing that opinion, no problems with that either, just no more lies especially on things you know nothing about.

Well said.

N 40 didn't want Ricky back at the start of last season, and no doubt couldn't wait to see the back of him.

It certainly wasn't about money and if you knew anything about the lad you wouldn't keep repeating your ridiculous posts.

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 08:51:32 AM »
I don't think anybody who witnessed Ricky's reaction at the end of the Worcester game would question his commitment to BUFC

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 09:34:43 AM »
Good luck to him. It's a great opportunity for him at a 'big' club.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 11:15:30 AM »

It's not about the football, its all about the money, it was the first time he was here and it is now.

A lad of 25 with how many clubs to his name..........can't fault his contribution last season but once he stated he was looking for full time we should have moved on, not hung around waiting in case he didn't get his 'dream' move.

I'm just pleased we've got the lad in from Grimsby, he sounds like a very capable replacement.
I totally disagree. Ricky has been open and honest about his intentions this summer, and has got his wish. His only reason to leave is to further his career, something we should not chastise him for at all.

Hopefully John Still will play to his strengths, probably as a back up to Andre Gray (unless they sell him), just like we did.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 12:36:32 PM »
On their forum, someone mentioned Gray could be going- possibly £600k

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 01:05:31 PM »
Probably to Peterborough? He's a Darren Ferguson kind of signing.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 03:50:23 PM »

Disagree Andy ,  if Miller does not make it at Luton I sure he will be honest enough to admit his disappointment , he is making a genuine effort to further his career which all young blokes should do .
I,m sure a load of footballing mercenaries  who stepped from a plane in England yesterday would not conduct a move in such a transparant manner .

Miller and Greene conducted themselves in an exemplary manner in this move .  Miller knew he could get a better deal elsewhere but was prepared to stick with Boston if he could not get a full-time contract at a higher level .  many players would have stuck two fingers up and walked .
What would the critics have said if Greene had told the player to "sign or else "  and a full-time deal had not come up and we lost the chance to retain Miller .    Football management like any job is a piece of cake with hindsight .
Refreshing the way these two have conducted themselves in this move and I wish them both the very best for the coming season .

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 04:07:39 PM »
'Forties' you are as blinkered about Miller as SP is against Greene. Criticise him if you want,we all do that to players from time to time but most are really gutted to see him go, yet to a man happy for him that he's gone to such a good club. As for his attitude that you ridicule him about it always appeared spot on to me, both on the pitch and in the club house afterwards. Just join the rest of us and wish him good luck.................it wont hurt!

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2014, 05:31:58 PM »
Have to disagree with Andy here. Obviously, I don't know Ricky but anyone on twitter who followed Miller would know he seemed to be going all out this season to earn a full-time contract elsewhere. I mean, Jesus wept, some of that healthy rabbit food he posted pics of.... ugh.

But it was plain he was working hard, harder than most, and it's paid off. You can say "it's all about the money", but isn't what furthering your career is about for everyone? People go to uni, do degrees to get better jobs. And whether you work in an office, a supermarket, a bank, you ultimately aim for promotion because you want cold hard cash. He's gone about it as every young footballer should, and let's be honest, how many young footballers go in that direction at his age? Not many, I bet.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2014, 09:14:07 PM »
A young lad with ambition and talent.....nothing to knock there. Hope it all works out for you Ricky.