Author Topic: Council to set out rules for Quadrant development plan Boston District Council  (Read 5558 times)

Fairfax

• View Profile
Sadly, this is already starting to turn into prevaricating, cold feet and "no risk taking in this little old town." I sincerely hope that I am wrong, but I'm old enough to know the history of these sorts of opportunities and the regularity with which the council has scuppered them over the years.

Adam

• View Profile
Sadly, this is already starting to turn into prevaricating, cold feet and "no risk taking in this little old town." I sincerely hope that I am wrong, but I'm old enough to know the history of these sorts of opportunities and the regularity with which the council has scuppered them over the years.

Agreed. It terrifies me that Boston Borough Council are in charge of this.

dubai camel

• View Profile
I guess it's also called democracy  ::)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
I guess it's also called democracy  ::)

I wonder how many of the protesters are like many more of us living in an house built on land where the the neighbourhood protested n i m b y .   

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
We are still suffering from the short sightedness of the councils of the 60's and 70's.  We are DOOMED I tell you DOOMED. ;D
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile

Agreed. It terrifies me that Boston Borough Council are in charge of this.

LOL ;D. The Planning Dept are up before the Judge on Thursday...special measures for a 'special' Council Dept maybe  :dan

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
"NO TO QUADRANT"  What a headline in the Standard, are they pushing the case for a council no vote because a banner headline like this certainly could be construed that way. We as supporters really do need to make our views known in support of the football club as it appears a very small minority of Anti Quadrant voters are receiving comments eg, the chairman of the council states "We have been waiting to hear what the people of Wyberton thought of it and they have spoken". Certainly a refusal by the planners would create many more column inches for our local press than the granting of permission so make your view known.   

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
I see no-one has commented on Qwerty's post in the  "If we do not support this we may not have a club to support!" thread.Isn't that a worry to anyone? The Black Sluice Drainage Board raised the issue of possible drainage problems for the Quadrant back in February/ March, this was after a review following the tidal surge in December

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
No-one is worried then?